Follow

Conan

Character » Conan appears in 4755 issues.

Conan was a wandering fighter, mercenary, thief, and eventually King, who traveled ancient lands in the Hyborian Age living by his wits and physical prowess.

Should Conan come back to Marvel and DC?

ShenLong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ShenLong

A character who depicted the warrior man. Was he too weak for Thor? Did Marvel and DC look at a normal human warrior and see the non-augmented dude as unable to battle more hardcore characters? Even characters who are not augmented in Marvel and DC like Green Arrow, Hawkeye, Black Panther, and others carry really cool and useful weapons, and have lots of skill, and in the case from the archers, tend to avoid close combat. How could Conan makre his re-entrance into Marvel and DC spctacular? What could be done to keep him there? Any thoughts or opinions are legit, going to far as to say he should be made into one of Galactus's heralds. 

Tell me if you like this forum and I'll try to come up with some more similar ones.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By the_tree

I wouldn't read him if he appeared in DC, I'm not really into stories that take place in the past (like Jonah Hex) or the future(like Batman Beyond), and having Conan in the present would just look silly. There's only two characters who I think would be cool if they were brought into the DCU, and that's Green Hornet and Space Ghost. 

I don't read too much Marvel, but I probably wouldn't read him if he were over there either.

And if it's not a part of their main lines, than I definitely wouldn't read him, he just doesn't appeal to me.

ShenLong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ShenLong

Good ideas, but I find DC to try to be serious at times. Booster Gold is about as comical a character as you'll find, and maybe Green Arrow, the imps, etc. They did Skaar where he used like no more strength than to beat up a T-Rex, just used sword like Conan. Thought is was great. And since other pantheons are joining the mix, other Celtic mythological figures, in some way a branch of Norse mythology, would make good foes and allies, gods and demons, and there would be mysticism, like a talking forest akin to the forest in Brightest Day where Green Arrow got lost. Popeye may be strong but he doesn't fit in DC. Thundercats would fit into DC. Herculoids as well. Birdman... Danny Phantom, Aang, Ben 10, Generator Rex..... Definitely Green Hornet, but they would make Space Ghost like a Martian Manhunter clone...Dc is however good at playing that off. I would prefer Conan in Marvel due to the metaphysical relevance.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By the_tree
    @ShenLong: The only way I could see him coming into the Marvel Universe would be if he were frozen in the past like Captain America, but I could definitely see Conan hanging out with Ka-zar.
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @ShenLong: Celtic is not a branch of Norse btw
    ShenLong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShenLong

Viking/Celtic/Norman/Norse/Briton/West European...if it wasn't for the royal brits, GB would be part of France. Anyway Crom was a Viking god/demon. And Leir, and most Celtic gods. Buddha was originally Hindu but is now Buddhist....Thor shouldn't be blonde.......Schwarzenegger is Austrian which is basically also Hungarian/German/Slav/Russian/Scandinavian/maybe Spanish. But I see your point. Celts became a culture on their own, but some see Celtic under the Viking umbrella because of shared mythology. I'm not saying you're not under you're own umbrella.

Avatar image for 1980s_punisher_fan
    1980s_punisher_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ShenLong
    this is the worst idea EVER. Just go watch the new movie. That is where Conan belongs. Hyboria!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.