Follow

Conan

Character » Conan appears in 4757 issues.

Conan was a wandering fighter, mercenary, thief, and eventually King, who traveled ancient lands in the Hyborian Age living by his wits and physical prowess.

Red Sonja and Conan Crossovers on the Way

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Red Sonja and Conan have had adventures together in the past. The problem is, when two properties find homes at different publishers, meeting up for battles can be a little difficult. With Red Sonja at Dynamite Entertainment and Conan at Dark Horse, fans have been asking and waiting for a crossover for fifteen years.

In 2014 that all changes.

No Caption Provided

Dynamite and Dark Horse have announced not one, but two separate crossovers. There will be two series, CONAN/RED SONJA and RED SONJA/CONAN by Dynamite and Dark Horse, respectively. The writers will be Gail Simone and Brian Wood.

Simone, current RED SONJA writer, said the following:

"It's only the crossover that readers have been begging to have for over a decade: the two greatest barbarian adventurers ever created in an epic tale of blood, lust, and vengeance. This is the kind of stuff that made me a reader in the first place, and working with Brian Wood and his amazing version of Conan? It's just a sword-and-sorcery dream come true. It's sword vs. sword, Cimmerian vs. Hyrkanian, loincloth vs. bikini, and it'll probably be the most fun you'll have reading a comic all year."

Brian Wood is currently writing CONAN and added this:

"Conan and Red Sonja together are a genre dream team, and I'm looking forward to not only working with Gail on the story, but creating a crossover story that is epic and huge as these things should be... and something that matters, that's relevant, and adds something to each character's rich history."

With the series set for 2014, we'll have to wait for more information to become available.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i can't wait ...its about time

Netshyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What took so long?

maxpower123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

are these two in the same world?

comicon1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

best news ever (at least for a long time)

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Dynamite doing all these inter-company crossovers may bode ill for their overall status. I feel like their sales have been slipping for some time, so this may be a desperate last hurrah. Still, sounds like a cool idea.

yo_yo_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Sounds interesting!

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By z3ro180

@netshyster: you know how it is side quests every where

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds cool. More Conan makes me happy.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Awhh hellz yeah!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11 the_stegman  Moderator

I know nothing about either character...so I'm down.

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By slade_wilson

Well that cover is very interestingly colored in certain regions...

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@maxpower123: Nope. Robert E. Howard, creator of Conan, created a character named Red Sonya which was in a separate time from Conan. Red Sonja The character was loosely based on Red Sonya. The difference is that the original Red Sonya, was a sword-and-pistol-wielding supporting character of the late Renaissance, which Roy Thomas rewrote as a Conan story for Marvel Comics Conan the Barbarian #23 (1973) and made her into Red Sonja.

When Marvel stopped making Conan comics, Conan himself went to Dark Horse later on and Sonja to Dynamite.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've actually just decided to pick up Red Sonja's new series tomorrow at my LCS so this is slightly interesting to me.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_stegman  Moderator

I've actually just decided to pick up Red Sonja's new series tomorrow at my LCS so this is slightly interesting to me.

I'm kinda mad that the Conan the Barbarian series is already in issue 25 or so..I have to get caught up before this crossover happens. Just read the first issue of both Simone's and Wood's runs...they're pretty good.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I've heard great things about Conan and Red Sonja in the past so I'm glad Sonja gotta renumbered recently to jump onto. But books like Conan and TMNT (had to throw that in there) aren't that deep into their series but are deep in enough for it to seem too inconvenient to catch up on -- which is why I don't know if I'm gonna end up picking up Conan and just read Sonja. Merrrrr.

WhineHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WhineHaus

I'm on board for this! Just started reading Red Sonja for the first time, and it's awesome.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman: I've heard great things about Conan and Red Sonja in the past so I'm glad Sonja gotta renumbered recently to jump onto. But books like Conan and TMNT (had to throw that in there) aren't that deep into their series but are deep in enough for it to seem too inconvenient to catch up on -- which is why I don't know if I'm gonna end up picking up Conan and just read Sonja. Merrrrr.

I'm gonna /try/ to find the trades of Conan to read...though I'm usually not a huge fan of ''sword and socery'' genre.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Yeah, I'm kind of in the same boat as you about the sword and sorcery thing. I just picked up Red Sonja issue 1 so I'm gonna see how it is. I like Gail, so I'm expecting good things.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

About 'effin time!!!! This is gonna be epic! Simone and Wood writing? Take my money now!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.