Follow

Conan

Character » Conan appears in 4755 issues.

Conan was a wandering fighter, mercenary, thief, and eventually King, who traveled ancient lands in the Hyborian Age living by his wits and physical prowess.

IS CONAN..........OVER?

blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blackadam

• "Know, O viner , that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars - Nemedia, Ophir, Brythunia, Hyperborea, Zamora with its dark-haired women and towers of spider-haunted mystery, Zingara with its chivalry, Koth that bordered on the pastoral lands of Shem, Stygia with its shadow-guarded tombs, Hyrkania whose riders wore steel and silk and gold. But the proudest kingdom of the world was Aquilonia, reigning supreme in the dreaming west.
    • Hither came Conan the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet  ".

alas, we are not going to be reading that for some time, yes, conan the cimmerian ended with his issue # 25(which by the way was awesome). i learn this terrible news last week when i went to buy this issue,the last issue of the story arc iron shadows in the moon. i say terrible, well, not that terrible, because i really enjoy reading conan comics, in my opinion he is one of the greatest comics characters( this is my opinion). conan stories are full of action, passion, sex, mistery, fantasy, sword and sorcey,etc, full of things that make a comic be a great piece of lecture. some may notl ike conan stories or the character itself. i can understand that, i mean, some may think that conan is very simple minded; kill that guy, stole this, sotle that, get laid, get drunk, become a king,etc. yes, that may be the truth, conan can be simple minded, but that is the beauty of it; he live the life to the fullest,not wasting a single minute even if that means killing somebody or stealing something.yes, conan is an hedonistic character,and with a good reason, his people believe that in their afterlife they will be walking forever on a snowy,windy mountain. the plot of the comic is very simple too, conan meets someone kills a lot of guy and at the end he gets the girl( of course, the plot is not always like this).but the stories are so well done that they are good the main thing i liked about the first part of the conan comics was the characters development; we see how conan change trought out the series,at the end  he was not the same person he was when he first met the aesir. his vision of civilized man was changed, life was not as simple that in cimmeria.  

anyway, i just wanted to make this homenage to this great character for the reason i already mention above. i really enjoy reading his comics and i hope we will be hearing about another vol. some time soon. to end this let me think what you think of the character, what was your favorite issue, story arc, character,etc. tell what you don't like about the character or the comics, tell if you liked my post or if you didn't liked. 

thanks to all the viners that want to read this and share their knowledge about the character.  

Judge_Dredd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Judge_Dredd

I'm right with you, Conan is great stuff! But fear not, Conan is far from over, and it didn't even miss a month. 

The first issue of a new mini-series was released last Wednesday, Conan: Road of Kings, written by veteran Conan scribe Roy Thomas. It's very cool stuff, and of course, the quote you mentioned is right in the front cover. http://www.comicvine.com/conan-road-of-kings/49-37497/

Also in the front cover it says "#76 in a series", meaning they consider it to pick up the numbering right where Conan 1-50 and Conan the Cimmerian 1-25 left off.  King Conan: The Scarlet Citadel #1 hits in late February by the same team that was doing Conan the Cimmerian monthly, so Conan rocks on!

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By PowerHerc

Books, magazines and comics start and end; but Conan endures.  Always.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.