Follow

Conan

Character » Conan appears in 4757 issues.

Conan was a wandering fighter, mercenary, thief, and eventually King, who traveled ancient lands in the Hyborian Age living by his wits and physical prowess.

I Need Help From a Conan Expert!

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
    manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By manwithoutshame

I've just gotten into Dark Horse's reprints of Savage Sword of Conan. I love it, it's great. But then there's this Conan the Barbarian series also from Marvel in the 70's. Here's where I'm confused, I thought they were completely different series but as I flipped through a copy of Conan the Barbarian reprints in Chronicles of Conan series by Dark Horse I recognized several issues as already being in Savage Sword of Conan Vol. 1 which I have. Are they separate series or what? I don't get it!

vargur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By vargur

Marvel would sometimes print censured (but colored) versions of the Savage Sword (SS) stories in the main Conan the Barbarian (CtB) series. An example can be seen here. SS would also sometimes re-adapt Robert E. Howard stories that already been done for CtB, but these are all-new adaptions. The Chronicles of Conan vol. 4 also collects the Red Nails story from SS #2-3 among the CtB reprints for whatever reason.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.