Follow

Colossus

Character » Colossus appears in 7593 issues.

Piotr Rasputin is a Russian mutant who possesses the ability to transform his body into organic steel, giving him immense strength and durability. Colossus is among the physically strongest X-Men, and is a talented artist.

Who was Colossus' best rival?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Who do you think was Colossus' best rival?  Was it:

Omega Red
    Sebastian Shaw
    Juggernaut (Cain Marko)

If there are any other rivals or if you wish to see Colossus with another rival, feel free to comment!

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Greendevil

@Rabbitearsblog said:

Who do you think was Colossus' best rival?

Juggernaut (Cain Marko)

BINGO!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Greendevil said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

Juggernaut (Cain Marko)

BINGO!

Yeah, I wish Colossus was fighting Juggernaut again...
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Rabbitearsblog said:
    @Greendevil said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

Juggernaut (Cain Marko)

BINGO!

Yeah, I wish Colossus was fighting Juggernaut again...
    No way, Juggs has always been out Colossus' league, unless your watching "Pryde of the X-Men"
    Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Greendevil

@cattlebattle

No Caption Provided

:

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Greendevil said:

@cattlebattle

No Caption Provided

:

its truth
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By CATPANEXE

I would say Riptide was, but he didn't really hold up.

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Greendevil
    No Caption Provided

@Rabbitearsblog:

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Edamame said:

I'll go with Sebastian Shaw. His battle with Colossus in Dark Phoenix Saga was memorable.

Yeah! I loved seeing Colossus fighting with Sebastian Shaw in that saga!
    Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rickbarry

@Rabbitearsblog: It's tough as Colossus doesn't really have a rival that he rumbles with all the time. I suppose Omega Red would be the easiest choice, but I really enjoyed Colossus and Gladiator rumbling to a stalemate years ago.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Does he even have a rival ? (So to speak ?) But If i were to choose off the top of my head, I'd go for Cain.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bo88gdan

Juggernaut 

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Bumping for certain reasons.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Rickbarry said:

@Rabbitearsblog: It's tough as Colossus doesn't really have a rival that he rumbles with all the time. I suppose Omega Red would be the easiest choice, but I really enjoyed Colossus and Gladiator rumbling to a stalemate years ago.

Stalemate??
    Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rickbarry

@cattlebattle: Well I remember the panels saying when they fought it wasn't either of them who decided the outcome of the fight.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Rickbarry said:

@cattlebattle: Well I remember the panels saying when they fought it wasn't either of them who decided the outcome of the fight.

During the Phoenix Saga???

A building collapsed on them, Gladiator emerged from a pile of rubble carrying a non-metal Colossus (Colossus reverts back to flesh when unconscious).....not what I would call a stalemate

Gladiator is one of Marvels analogues for Superman, depending on who is writing him, he outclasses Colossus by a considerable margin
    Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rickbarry

@cattlebattle: I'm aware, but by the comic's admission the building ended the fight. Gladiator wasn't really doing anything to him. I don't know a great deal about Gladiator during this time, but I have to assume this was before he was amped to insane levels.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Rickbarry said:

@cattlebattle: I'm aware, but by the comic's admission the building ended the fight. Gladiator wasn't really doing anything to him. I don't know a great deal about Gladiator during this time, but I have to assume this was before he was amped to insane levels.

False. Gladiator was clearly knocking him around Colossus was not effecting Gladiator whatsoever. I imagine the combined effects of the building and Gladiators beating wore him out or Gladiator had higher durability.....whatever

Gladiator was always mean as a Superman analogue, his powers have surely been upgraded but even originally he was supposed to be quite powerful

Its a common misconception that Colossus can hang with the likes of guys in that class....although Colossus is sometimes listed as class 100 he has very little feats that uphold it. He used to get bounced around by the Blob when they would face the Brotherhood
    Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rickbarry
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@cattlebattle: Gladiator blitzed him from the side, but as you can see Colossus pretty much says he's in the same ballpark as him strength wise. Other than the first punch Colossus doesn't really give an inch to the guy. I don't think Colossus is as strong as current Gladiator, but I do think Gladiator has been amped a great deal since this appearance. Or you could somehow say Colossus was depowered from Gladiator's level over the years. Stalemate was the wrong term. The fight was at a standstill until the skyscraper fell on them.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By jhazzroucher

I think it's Juggernaut

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tomchu

They dedicated a whole issue of the two fighting during the Claremont's Age.

This fight will go down in legends, because the premise is simple; two men fighting because they are (somewhat) drunk and angry, which is a great representation of conflict in the modern day.

No Caption Provided
    darkmagik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By darkmagik

I love Juggernaut Vs Colossus

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Enosisik

I always pictured Omega red as his main rival even though they've pushed Red more as Wolverine's in recent years he will always be more connected to Colossus than anyone else to me. Jugg should always curbstomp Colossus one on one.

SKARHEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SKARHEAD

@cattlebattle said:

@Rickbarry said:

False. Gladiator was clearly knocking him around Colossus was not effecting Gladiator whatsoever. I imagine the combined effects of the building and Gladiators beating wore him out or Gladiator had higher durability.....whatever Gladiator was always mean as a Superman analogue, his powers have surely been upgraded but even originally he was supposed to be quite powerful Its a common misconception that Colossus can hang with the likes of guys in that class....although Colossus is sometimes listed as class 100 he has very little feats that uphold it. He used to get bounced around by the Blob when they would face the Brotherhood

You're talking about stuff that happened Waaaaaay back in the early X-Men when Colossus was still a skinny teenager and was only CLASS 70...

he has since grown to adulthood and had a both strength durability upgrade putting him in the class 100 range after the Mutant Massacre.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By cattlebattle

@SKARHEAD said:

@cattlebattle said:

You're talking about stuff that happened Waaaaaay back in the early X-Men when Colossus was still a skinny teenager and was only CLASS 70...

he has since grown to adulthood and had a both strength durability upgrade putting him in the class 100 range after the Mutant Massacre.

He has rarely any feats that put him in class 100 though...that was the point of my posts. The only reason the Gladiator fight was brought up was that he was using him as a measuring stick.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Rickbarry

@SKARHEAD said:

@cattlebattle said:

@Rickbarry said:

False. Gladiator was clearly knocking him around Colossus was not effecting Gladiator whatsoever. I imagine the combined effects of the building and Gladiators beating wore him out or Gladiator had higher durability.....whatever Gladiator was always mean as a Superman analogue, his powers have surely been upgraded but even originally he was supposed to be quite powerful Its a common misconception that Colossus can hang with the likes of guys in that class....although Colossus is sometimes listed as class 100 he has very little feats that uphold it. He used to get bounced around by the Blob when they would face the Brotherhood

I know it was along time ago, but I used the scans to show that, at that moment, they were described as being in the same ballpark strength or durability wise. The actual creator of the characters wrote the captions down and he stated that the enormous building ended the fight. *Shrugs* Since this appearance the gap has widened exponentially. Tis all I was saying.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By evilvegeta74

Gladiator or Juggs

Walker696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By Walker696

Colossus and Juggernaut are like Thing and Hulk.......you know who is going to win but they are still great rivals because lets be honest we love to see them fight.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cattlebattle

Haven't Colossus and Juggernaut fought only a couple of times......I think Beast and Rogue has gone against him more then any other X-Man...and have been more successful.

I just don't see why people are so quick to infer Juggernaut and Colossus have some epic rivalry.......Juggs is way out of his league

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.