Follow

Colossus

Character » Colossus appears in 7581 issues.

Piotr Rasputin is a Russian mutant who possesses the ability to transform his body into organic steel, giving him immense strength and durability. Colossus is among the physically strongest X-Men, and is a talented artist.

Where's Piotr heading?

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, I've seen mention that he's going to a Bendis book here in the forums but I haven't seen anything else to lead to that . Anyone seen anything to suggest where Colossus is heading after CaXF wraps up in January? From what I've seen of the new team, he won't be on it. I also didn't see mention of Domino so ... maybe she's heading along with him? (I can only hope so).

On the one hand Illyana and Kitty were talking about him in All New X-men but that's really reaching.

What happens if both him and Domino end up heading off on their own and disappearing from the comics for a few months? That would give writers a chance to progress them out of the books per se.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numi said:

So, I've seen mention that he's going to a Bendis book here in the forums but I haven't seen anything else to lead to that . Anyone seen anything to suggest where Colossus is heading after CaXF wraps up in January? From what I've seen of the new team, he won't be on it. I also didn't see mention of Domino so ... maybe she's heading along with him? (I can only hope so).

On the one hand Illyana and Kitty were talking about him in All New X-men but that's really reaching.

What happens if both him and Domino end up heading off on their own and disappearing from the comics for a few months? That would give writers a chance to progress them out of the books per se.

I don't think anyone really knows, but he's too mainstream to fall off the map. He'll end up in one of the Bendis books I'd imagine. I think someone posted a response he gave a month or so ago that he couldn't comment on Colossus without spoiling the X-force book (pre cancellation announcement). 'Course that's all people interpreting his words. If you add that with the mentions he's had in the book since it's inception...then I think it's a safe bet he'll pop up there before too long. Who knows with Domino. I'd like to think she'd come along, but you know how people are with relationships in comics that aren't theirs.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Would they find a way to kill him again in the upcoming Vendetta crossover? I wonder

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, I am wondering if him and Neena are just going to disappear for a while though.

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By numi

Ok, it looks like Piotr's going to be hanging free for writers to use as an extra where ever they need him. I saw the recent advertisement for X-Men Legacy number 1 with Nightcrawler and there's an image of Colossus painting a naked lady in the top left corner. (Every time I try to post the image everything locks up though)

I am thankful for Claremont using him again though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

TOO HIS DOOM!

@numi said:

Ok, it looks like Piotr's going to be hanging free for writers to use as an extra where ever they need him. I saw the recent advertisement for X-Men Legacy number 1 with Nightcrawler and there's an image of Colossus painting a naked lady in the top left corner. (Every time I try to post the image everything locks up though)

They changed that back too Nightcrawler.

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By numi

TOO HIS DOOM!

@numi said:

The title of the book? Yeah, I kind of figured that but the story is supposed to be the same right? I have the picture saved to my account (like 4 times) but for some reason it won't let me post it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numi said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

TOO HIS DOOM!

@numi said:

The title of the book? Yeah, I kind of figured that but the story is supposed to be the same right? I have the picture saved to my account (like 4 times) but for some reason it won't let me post it.

Yeah the title. So it is a just about Nightcrawler as of now. Maybe they'll change there minds.. again.

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numi said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

TOO HIS DOOM!

@numi said:

Yeah the title. So it is a just about Nightcrawler as of now. Maybe they'll change there minds.. again.

My understanding is that you're correct, it is all about Nightcrawler but one of the arc is that someone is going after his friends and he's out to warn them or something, hence all the little cameos of different characters, including Piotr. So he's there for a moment and gone, just an extra in the storyline.

I'm just happy that he appears anywhere for any amount of time. I get the feeling Bendis doesn't want him and Aaron actively dislikes him. *shrugs* it's just a feeling.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numi said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

@numi said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

TOO HIS DOOM!

@numi said:

My understanding is that you're correct, it is all about Nightcrawler but one of the arc is that someone is going after his friends and he's out to warn them or something, hence all the little cameos of different characters, including Piotr. So he's there for a moment and gone, just an extra in the storyline.

I'm just happy that he appears anywhere for any amount of time. I get the feeling Bendis doesn't want him and Aaron actively dislikes him. *shrugs* it's just a feeling.

I don't read X team books. Not a fan of them, I like them as individuals. I do like Colossus though, so I hope he makes an appearance in Nightcrawler.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like ol' Petey is heading to Amazing X-men. Pleased with it as the two writers seemed to choose him first.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=51377

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like ol' Petey is heading to Amazing X-men. Pleased with it as the two writers seemed to choose him first.

Yes, very good news. I saw your post about Domino & Colossus maybe continuing on and I really hope that's true, even if she isn't necessarily on the team.

As a side note, I see they are pulling Punisher off the Thunderbolts book and I was wondering if Domino would fit there or not.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rickbarry

@numi said:

@rickbarry said:

Yes, very good news. I saw your post about Domino & Colossus maybe continuing on and I really hope that's true, even if she isn't necessarily on the team.

As a side note, I see they are pulling Punisher off the Thunderbolts book and I was wondering if Domino would fit there or not.

I think she'd fit in quite well with a Thunderbolts team. Any interaction she might have with Deadpool would be hilarious. I think the chances are good she could remain with him, but who knows? I'm just happy they picked Colossus as one of the first people to be on their roster.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.