What are Colossus' biggest weaknesses?

Avatar image for redbull
#1 Posted by redbull (1678 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus is a big, strong ass dude but... frankly it seems like he gets beaten up a lot? Maybe not though.
 
I'm trying to find out what are Colossus's biggest weakpoints.. I'm guessing the biggest is he's completely vulnerable to telepathic attacks. Secondly, he's absolutely SCREWED if he faces off against Magneto or Polaris... Finally, steel isn't THAT durable... so anyone with Adamantium (Cyber, Sabretooth, Wolverine) or Vibranium (Warpath's knives) can totally cut him up...

Avatar image for jake_fury
#2 Edited by Jake Fury (21939 posts) - - Show Bio

His biggest weakness is his love for his sister.
Avatar image for biggkeem89
#3 Posted by biggkeem89 (1478 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
"His biggest weakness is his love for his sister. "

Agree
Avatar image for nicknicholby
#4 Posted by nicknicholby (528 posts) - - Show Bio

he's vunerable to acids too

Avatar image for lt1085
#5 Posted by LT1085 (3677 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" His biggest weakness is his love for his sister. "
@biggkeem89 said:
" @Jake Fury said:
"His biggest weakness is his love for his sister. "
Agree "
@nicknicholby said:
" he's vunerable to acids too "
Hilarious. 
Avatar image for powerzone789
#6 Posted by Powerzone789 (481 posts) - - Show Bio
@redbull:
carbondonium too i would think too...and i thought he was invulnerable from telepathy in his armored form? either way he is incredibly tough 
 

   
Avatar image for redbull
#7 Posted by redbull (1678 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno. Honestly it seems like Colossus is WAY overrated.
 
Hell, a weak telekinetic could just hoist him up into the air and hold them there laughing...
He's strong as hell, yet still nowhere near Hulk/Juggernaut..
Warpath with Vibranium could cut him right up..
Telepaths can have their way with him..

Avatar image for jordama
#8 Posted by jordama (4701 posts) - - Show Bio

His obsession with his sister is really creepy
Avatar image for jake_malcom
#9 Posted by Jake Malcom (3242 posts) - - Show Bio

Hes not totally immune to telepathy but in his metallic form he is more resistant to it. 
 
Magnetism is his BIGGESt weakness and being that their only a few UBER strong magnetism users hes got no real fears. 
 
But besides that his one true weakness is his heart, many times he will act upon his heart or react to something with his heart. 
 
Look at when kitty died, he was moppy and bitchy so he was of no use. And when his sister died of the legacy virus he was very emotional and stayed for quite sometime, even turning into a Alcoloyte because of her death and not seeing a reason to live anymore. 
 
His true weakness is his heart

Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
#10 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2663 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" His biggest weakness is his love for his sister. "
WHAT exactly does that mean??
Avatar image for jake_malcom
#11 Posted by Jake Malcom (3242 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! said:
" @Jake Fury said:
" His biggest weakness is his love for his sister. "
WHAT exactly does that mean?? "
in short. he meant anything happens to his sister Piotr will react. 
Avatar image for jake_fury
#12 Posted by Jake Fury (21939 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Malcom said:
" @Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! said:
" @Jake Fury said:
" His biggest weakness is his love for his sister. "
WHAT exactly does that mean?? "
in short. he meant anything happens to his sister Piotr will react.  "
Exactly. I'd feel the same for my sister. But it can be a serious weakness if a villain decides to use it against him. 
Avatar image for jake_malcom
#13 Posted by Jake Malcom (3242 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" @Jake Malcom said:
" @Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! said:
" @Jake Fury said:
" His biggest weakness is his love for his sister. "
WHAT exactly does that mean?? "
in short. he meant anything happens to his sister Piotr will react.  "
Exactly. I'd feel the same for my sister. But it can be a serious weakness if a villain decides to use it against him.  "
Yep which even though it was insanely sad i think killing Illyanna off first time and Kitty was a great idea. (plus kitty was f@#king annoying nowadays)
Avatar image for fedykin87
#14 Edited by fedykin87 (106 posts) - - Show Bio
@redbull said:

" I dunno. Honestly it seems like Colossus is WAY overrated.  Hell, a weak telekinetic could just hoist him up into the air and hold them there laughing... He's strong as hell, yet still nowhere near Hulk/Juggernaut.. Warpath with Vibranium could cut him right up.. Telepaths can have their way with him.. "

Juggernaut I'll give ya but Hulk I beg to differ. As a teenager Colossus was shown to be able to defeat a villain that one shot Thing and even draw with Ben in armwrestling remember he's suppose to be as strong as hulk though I think Ben is really overrated myself. He was even able to OK hulk in the X-Men Vs Hulk comic which is suppose to be somewhere around that time as well. Green Scar Hulk even admits Colossus would have been a challenge (or possibly defeated) for his past incarnations.
 
As for any weaknesses..... in Ultimate Arcade used sonics to force him to revert to flesh form the same might be try  for his 616 counterpart.
 
I didn't know acids worked on him though, don't remember that being used and working dude is able to withstand Adamantium so thats a little surprising.
Avatar image for misterdk
#15 Posted by MisterDK (227 posts) - - Show Bio

I know in the Ultimate universe Wolverine opened him up with his claws but in the 616 has that ever happened? 
 
His skin is always described as "organic steel" which I've always thought has different properties to regular steel.
 
And yeah his biggest weakness is that he cares.

Avatar image for comicman24
#16 Edited by ComicMan24 (147632 posts) - - Show Bio

His biggest weakness besides magnetic attacks, I think, is that he is a  pacifist, he doesn't like to fight.
Avatar image for hdorman1
#17 Posted by hdorman1 (4668 posts) - - Show Bio
@MisterDK said:
" I know in the Ultimate universe Wolverine opened him up with his claws but in the 616 has that ever happened?   His skin is always described as "organic steel" which I've always thought has different properties to regular steel.  And yeah his biggest weakness is that he cares. "
i heard it has more in common with osmium then steel or iron 
Avatar image for taima_cha_tima
#18 Posted by Taima Cha'Tima (262 posts) - - Show Bio

His brain / mind is his biggest weakness.

Avatar image for theblueangel93
#19 Posted by TheBlueAngel93 (21064 posts) - - Show Bio

Super Magnets...

Avatar image for green_skin
#20 Posted by Green Skin (2943 posts) - - Show Bio
@hdorman1 said:
" @MisterDK said:
" I know in the Ultimate universe Wolverine opened him up with his claws but in the 616 has that ever happened?   His skin is always described as "organic steel" which I've always thought has different properties to regular steel.  And yeah his biggest weakness is that he cares. "
i heard it has more in common with osmium then steel or iron  "
I always heard his metal form was made of Osmium, and way denser than steel.
Avatar image for misterdk
#21 Posted by MisterDK (227 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin:   @hdorman1:
What comic was it discrubed as Osmium? I guess that would be the technical name for Organic Steel.
Avatar image for nightfang3
#22 Edited by NightFang3 (12016 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:

" His biggest weakness is his love for his sister. "

              Or boyfriend, whatever works for the villains. 
Avatar image for edamame
#23 Posted by Edamame (30332 posts) - - Show Bio

Magik.

Avatar image for mrmiracle77
#24 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus has never really been at the high end of strength or durability.  He's always been behind guys like Hulk or Juggernaut.  I think he was designed that way on purpose.  Initially, none of the X-Men or the Giant-Size X-Men were particularly powerful.  Of that group, only Storm, Jean, and Iceman have really seen big boosts in the last 30 years.

Avatar image for karrob
#25 Posted by karrob (4303 posts) - - Show Bio

Vibranium

Avatar image for _colossus_
#26 Posted by "Colossus" (4755 posts) - - Show Bio

colossus broke vibranium
they had him cuffed in virbranium bonds and tried to melt him but he broke it to pieces

Avatar image for _colossus_
#27 Posted by "Colossus" (4755 posts) - - Show Bio

colossus broke vibranium
they had him cuffed in virbranium bonds and tried to melt him but he broke it to pieces

Avatar image for pixelized
#28 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Malcom said:
" @Jake Fury said:
" @Jake Malcom said:
" @Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! said:
" @Jake Fury said:
" His biggest weakness is his love for his sister. "
WHAT exactly does that mean?? "
in short. he meant anything happens to his sister Piotr will react.  "
Exactly. I'd feel the same for my sister. But it can be a serious weakness if a villain decides to use it against him.  "
Yep which even though it was insanely sad i think killing Illyanna off first time and Kitty was a great idea. (plus kitty was f@#king annoying nowadays) "
Part of why it's such a weakness for him, he blames himself for everything that has happened to her. Now that she's back, he doesn't want to lose her again, but things keep happening and it's killing him.
Avatar image for sling_shot
#29 Posted by Sling Shot (3859 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Collosus's biggest weakness over the years has been unimaginative writing. For how powerful and formidable he is more often than not he is written as a light weight.  
Capable of lifting tons and tons and tons, nearly invulnerable to physical attack, self sustained in metal form no need for food or air even.........with that powerset, you would think he would be a bigger factor.....but it seems he is consistently demoted to a catapult for Wolverine. 
 
He is definitely slept on.

Avatar image for fedykin87
#30 Posted by fedykin87 (106 posts) - - Show Bio
In 616 its never been shown to happen to him. Logan has attacked him a few times once in a mind controlled full on rage mode and all it did was send up sparks but Logan's never actually cut him up or scratched him with his claws to date. In Ultimate, they originally had it the very same way but when the banshee story arc came up (an utterly crappy story by the way) Logan can magically slices him open this time.
Avatar image for green_skin
#31 Posted by Green Skin (2943 posts) - - Show Bio
@fedykin87 said:
" In 616 its never been shown to happen to him. Logan has attacked him a few times once in a mind controlled full on rage mode and all it did was send up sparks but Logan's never actually cut him up or scratched him with his claws to date. In Ultimate, they originally had it the very same way but when the banshee story arc came up (an utterly crappy story by the way) Logan can magically slices him open this time. "
I agree.  The closest I've seen is Mimic getting shredded while using Colossus's power, and that's only because he uses others powers at 1/2 strength.  Osmium is about the densest stuff there is, Logans claws shouldn't be able to slice it.
Avatar image for tainted_cell
#32 Posted by Tainted-Cell (329 posts) - - Show Bio

I recall in X-Men: Evolution, when Colossus was serving as one of Magneto's acolytes, Magneto threatened him with his magnetism: lifting him up in the air to show him who's boss. But then something surprised me, something everyone has probably thought of but just doesn't happen when the situation presents itself. Colossus assumed his normal physique and quickly recovered, picked Magneto up by the throat and proceeded to slam him the master of magnetism into the nearby wall.

Avatar image for thor_s_hammmer
#33 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7186 posts) - - Show Bio

it's not really steel it's much harder his biggest weakness is he's a nice ass guy

Avatar image for tsl3161991
#34 Posted by tsl3161991 (42 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Malcom said:
"Hes not totally immune to telepathy but in his metallic form he is more resistant to it.  Magnetism is his BIGGESt weakness and being that their only a few UBER strong magnetism users hes got no real fears.  But besides that his one true weakness is his heart, many times he will act upon his heart or react to something with his heart.  Look at when kitty died, he was moppy and bitchy so he was of no use. And when his sister died of the legacy virus he was very emotional and stayed for quite sometime, even turning into a Alcoloyte because of her death and not seeing a reason to live anymore.  His true weakness is his heart "

i disagree. his biggest weakness is vibranium, the same stuff that the  black panther's claws are made of. all metal in the marvel universe is affected by it, including colossus's skin, because it separates the individual molecules of the metal. he can always change back into his normal form, but then he wouldn't be able to use his superhuman strength. faced with someone using a vibranium weapon like the black panther, colossus can either go without his powers or lose a few body parts. 
Avatar image for PYH000
#35 Posted by PYH000 (535 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:
" His obsession with his sister is really creepy "
I'm not sure if creepy obsession would be the correct word. Colossus' family had died, his brother is no where to be found, Illyana came back to his life and to him, she's the only family he has left on earth. After all the hardships he went through, he really needs a break.
Avatar image for over_kill
#36 Posted by Over_kill (2786 posts) - - Show Bio
@Powerzone789 said:
"@redbull:
carbondonium too i would think too...and i thought he was invulnerable from telepathy in his armored form? either way he is incredibly tough 
 

    "

What comic is this in? 
Avatar image for kairan1979
#37 Posted by Kairan1979 (20291 posts) - - Show Bio

His greatest weakness is his "little snowflake" (I think he is the only one who still believes that Magik isn't completely twisted and evil).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.