Follow

Colossus

Character » Colossus appears in 7592 issues.

Piotr Rasputin is a Russian mutant who possesses the ability to transform his body into organic steel, giving him immense strength and durability. Colossus is among the physically strongest X-Men, and is a talented artist.

Uncanny X-men 15. Cyttorak is a douche issue.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rickbarry

Spoilers from Uncanny 15 below. Avert your eyes if you don't wish to see.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

At least we know why he still keeps the influence on Colossus. I had my worries about how this would be explained, but at least Cyttorak's explanation makes sense. I'm still on record with him being a douche. It also appears from Cyttorak's explanation that Juggolossus is stronger than peak Cain? If he ever gave into the influence completely.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By KainScion

@Rickbarry: cyttorak is the man in this issue. i liked how he was all 'b!tch please. you in my house!'. and to be fair piotr struck a bargain with him. he knew what he was getting himself into. piotr was more the douche, trying to impose himself just because he has 1/5 of the PF.

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Grey56

Thanks for the info - as Colossus is one of more favorite characters. I will be just as eager to see how the saga plays out.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By KainScion

@Grey56 said:

Thanks for the info - as Colossus is one of more favorite characters. I will be just as eager to see how the saga plays out.

oh and the P5 are scared shitless of the scarlet witch. in avx 7, she made namor go poof. and mopped the floor with magik.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rickbarry

@KainScion: I wouldn't call him the man, but the way he put Colossus in check was amusing. "Phoenix don't mean a damn thing here!" I've no idea how Colossus is getting out of this mess. If the Phoenix can't free him and if he's truly his favorite avatar in thousands of years...he's kind of screwed.

@Grey56: You're welcome. I'm a rather large fan of Colossus, Scott and Kitty.

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hareil0079

@KainScion said:

@Rickbarry: cyttorak is the man in this issue. i liked how he was all 'b!tch please. you in my house!'. and to be fair piotr struck a bargain with him. he knew what he was getting himself into. piotr was more the douche, trying to impose himself just because he has 1/5 of the PF.

I agree, cytorrak reminded the P5 that just because they have 1/5 of the PF doesn't make them gods or anything out of reach.

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Vendel

Ass-pull explanation for Pete keeping the power? Check

Regression of Cyttorak as just another Demon Lord? Check

Taking a giant shit on Cain Marko? Double Check

The first two are pretty much expected with the "We don't care" Marvel now a days. The third is quite disappointing.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rickbarry

@Vendel: Uncanny is one of the more well written issues that is being released these days. You might not like that Cain is no longer Juggernaut, but you shouldn't bash a good comic. I don't think they did anything that would be considered over-reaching in regards to Colossus keeping the power. As far as the Cain assessment in the book? It's pretty spot on.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By IrishX
    @KainScion said:

cyttorak is the man in this issue. i liked how he was all 'b!tch please. you in my house!'. and to be fair piotr struck a bargain with him. he knew what he was getting himself into. piotr was more the douche, trying to impose himself just because he has 1/5 of the PF.

Completely agree.
    Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vendel

@Rickbarry said:

@Vendel: Uncanny is one of the more well written issues that is being released these days. You might not like that Cain is no longer Juggernaut, but you shouldn't bash a good comic. I don't think they did anything that would be considered over-reaching in regards to Colossus keeping the power. As far as the Cain assessment in the book? It's pretty spot on.

Stop apologizing for bad writing.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Kallarkz

Very nice to read. Good explanation as to why colossus is keeping the power and I liked that they finally addressed this. A lot of people were thinking that due to the appearance of his hair colossus had lost cyttoraks blessing...mmmmmm... This makes me think they will be giving him the power of cyttorak for much longer then I had previously thought.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rickbarry

@Vendel: Anything involving Cain over the past five years is bad writing. This is actually interesting. You=minority.

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vendel

@Rickbarry said:

@Vendel: Anything involving Cain over the past five years is bad writing. This is actually interesting. You=minority.

"Hey guys we need to come up with some excuse for why Pete is still going to be the Juggernaut after this event despite having the EXACT SAME CIRCUMSTANCES as Cain when he lost the power. Oh I know how about we just have Cyttorak take a giant shit on Cain?"

Brilliant......

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EnSabahNurX

@Vendel said:

@Rickbarry said:

"Hey guys we need to come up with some excuse for why Pete is still going to be the Juggernaut after this event despite having the EXACT SAME CIRCUMSTANCES as Cain when he lost the power. Oh I know how about we just have Cyttorak take a giant shit on Cain?"

Brilliant......

Cyttorak knows the phoenix won't stay in colossus for long because it never likes to be divided

Also colossus does cause more damage than cain has in a VERY long time

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rickbarry

@Vendel: No. You'll have to forgive me if I'm wrong, but the Uni power is only given to heroes and people that use the power for good, right? It's a cosmic force that defends. The Phoenix Force can either give or take life on a massive scale. So it has to make a little sense that he'd keep his hold on Colossus in the hope that the planet explodes. At least it makes sense to me.

@EnSabahNurX: Agreed on the Cain front. He's really been MIA and the whole idea of The Juggernaut needed a bit of an overhaul.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@Rickbarry: Thanks to this scan I now like Cytorrak a little :)

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By HellionVulcan

Cyttorak bit was so badass & in no way douche as colossus shouldn't have became the juggernaut cause Cyttorak is known for treating avatars badly .

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vendel

@Rickbarry said:

@Vendel: No. You'll have to forgive me if I'm wrong, but the Uni power is only given to heroes and people that use the power for good, right? It's a cosmic force that defends. The Phoenix Force can either give or take life on a massive scale. So it has to make a little sense that he'd keep his hold on Colossus in the hope that the planet explodes. At least it makes sense to me.

Cain was Captain Universe for like half an issue. That got him on the Thunderbolts. He then become Kuurth and that gets his powers taken away. Pete does massive heroic deeds for an extended period as a phoenix host and he gets praised and gets to keep the power for the destruction he might do in the future?

Sounds like shitty writing to me.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By TDK_1997

In that issue Cyttorak was a bad ass and was great to read.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DEGRAAF

this is great. I have been wondering where this came from ever since i heard rumors that he confronted Cyttorak. I have always like Peotr but sinc he got the Juggernaut powers he is been entertaining with his almost self loathing type of attitude while totally badass when he gives in to the influence. Can anyone post his second phase pictures and be able to tell me how powerful roughly he is now? I know he supposedly got mad changed to phase 2 and then handed Red Hulk his own ass before almost crumbling Utopia itself

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rickbarry

@DEGRAAF: Well, I know in the new Avengers today Rulk admitted that Colossus practically broke him before giving up/pre phoenix abilities. He pretty much considers him to be the most threatening member of the P5 and rightfully so.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DEGRAAF

@Rickbarry: pre-phoenix abilities? wow, i figured that wasnt an option for him. Since he is powered by the phoenix now i didnt think he could use just the Juggernaut ability

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rickbarry

@DEGRAAF: Mhm, he used the Cyttorak abilities in the last issue of Uncanny. He amped himself up to where he was a couple hundred feet tall. Cyttorak is a big fan of him as of late. So he's got access to all the cool Juggy stuff.

No Caption Provided
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Bumping for certain reasons.

PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PYH000

@Vendel said:

@Rickbarry said:

Cain was Captain Universe for like half an issue. That got him on the Thunderbolts. He then become Kuurth and that gets his powers taken away. Pete does massive heroic deeds for an extended period as a phoenix host and he gets praised and gets to keep the power for the destruction he might do in the future?

The Phoenix Force isn't some kind of god that Colossus is serving. It's pretty much a cosmic power.

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vendel

@244 said:

@Vendel said:

@Rickbarry said:

The Phoenix Force isn't some kind of god that Colossus is serving. It's pretty much a cosmic power.

It doesn't matter what it is. What he was doing as a Phoenix host was glory for the power of the Phoenix. Not Cyttorak.

PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PYH000

@Vendel said:

@244 said:

@Vendel said:

@Rickbarry said:

It doesn't matter what it is. What he was doing as a Phoenix host was glory for the power of the Phoenix. Not Cyttorak.

Again, the Phoenix Force isn't a god nor a sentient being. It's a cosmic force.

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Vendel

@244 said:

@Vendel said:

@244 said:

@Vendel said:

@Rickbarry said:

Again, the Phoenix Force isn't a god nor a sentient being. It's a cosmic force.

It doesn't matter what it is. Anything done as a Phoenix host does not add to the glory of Cyttorak.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.