Follow

Colossus

Character » Colossus appears in 7581 issues.

Piotr Rasputin is a Russian mutant who possesses the ability to transform his body into organic steel, giving him immense strength and durability. Colossus is among the physically strongest X-Men, and is a talented artist.

Has colossus ever been a match for hulk?

Avatar image for marvelcomicfan6
    MarvelComicFan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In a world war hulk comic hulk mentioned that colossus would have been a decent opponent at some point and correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think colossus has ever displayed any feats that put him on hulks level. If he can beat hulk then what version of Hulk can he beat?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b57e3c01b199
    deactivated-5b57e3c01b199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Colossus has showed that kind of power. He might be able to fight MCU hulk at best.

chuckwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well he might have posed a challenge when he had the Juggernaut power, other than that, no.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HighAccuser

Not in his normal powerset. Hulk makes a remark in the WWH crossover that Colossus could've been a decent challenge at his lower levels of power, but after years of growing stronger, hes nothing to him. I think he breaks his arms quite brutally after that. However, Juggernaut Colossus should give Hulk a run for his money like Classic Jugs has in the past. In a fight with him that would by all accounts, require BFR of some sort, since Hulk matching the Avatar of Cyttorak in a physical battle has always ended up badly.

Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well he might have posed a challenge when he had the Juggernaut power, other than that, no.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ultimate verse i think

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6c6de088804
    deactivated-5c6c6de088804

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. There's an x-men special when Logan made Colossus fight Hulk as part of a training, and Colossus himself admited that he wasn't hurting him with his hits, at all. He was one-shoted moments later.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

Collossusnaut maybe

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colossus can`t take Hulk.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Hulk was probably flattering him by saying he might have made a decent opponent in the past. In truth, Colossus has even less chance against the Hulk than Thing does. And Thing's also admitted he can never take Hulk as soon as he gets mad.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal: Not really, Colossonaut didn't show anything on the level Regular Colossonaut was still matched by Rulk, who's generally weaker than several Hulk incarnations. And Colossonaut's amped state wasn't anything beyond what Hulk has done. Savage and Indestructible Hulks could take Colossonaut, let alone WWH.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RabumAlal

@lvenger: The entire plot of Colossonaut was his trying to hold back. His fight with Rulk was PIS (Rulk tends to bring that out of writers) and Colossus trying to stop. There is no reason to disregard feats of Cain Juggs and Colossus was powerful to begin with.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal: You mean just because Rulk and Colossonaut stalemated, that makes it PIS? They stalemated in another AvX comic before Thing took on Piotr, it's clear Regular Colossonaut=Rulk. Nor is there any credible reason to compare what Cain and Colossus could do because Cain received much more power from Cyttorak than Colossus did.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Was it stated that he received less power? Have they fought in another instance than AvX?

Rulk wouldn't be able to take on one of the Worthy imo and Colossus was able to resist a lot of damage from Kuurth. (Angrir, who was handily defeated by Thor, trashed Rulk.)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal: The Worthy were inconsistently portrayed. Sometimes it took teams of heroes to beat one, others only took Thor to one shot them. Colossus only lasted as long as he did against Kuurth because of the unstoppable momentum ability, he admitted he couldn't hurt or beat Kuurth.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@lvenger said:

@rabumalal: You mean just because Rulk and Colossonaut stalemated, that makes it PIS? They stalemated in another AvX comic before Thing took on Piotr, it's clear Regular Colossonaut=Rulk. Nor is there any credible reason to compare what Cain and Colossus could do because Cain received much more power from Cyttorak than Colossus did.

When Rulk first came out he was pretty much powered by PIS. He knocked out a freaking Watcher, Uatu managed to hold his own against Galactus, yet somehow Rulk is able to one shot one of his kind who are one of the most powerful species in the Marvel universe. Watchers are supposed to be just below Celestials.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: To be fair, Thor would require a team of heroes to be put down as well. My point was that Colossus took on a lot of punishment that Rulk wouldn't be able to take or dish out.

What about my other questions? I'm simply curious.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lvenger

@joshmightbe: You're right about Rulk's early PIS, that was pretty much where the whole Loebforce term came from. However, after Loeb stopped writing Rulk and Jeff Parker became the writer for Rulk's comics, he got written much weaker and Parker came up with the excuse that the reason Rulk was so OP was because he used his energy absorption more frequently in the middle of battle. It might not be the best excuse but at least someone went to the effort.

@rabumalal I didn't really see which punishments Colossonaut took that Rulk couldn't replicate, not to mention how their fight ended up against Rulk who wasn't using his energy absorption. What team of heroes would be required to put Thor down? There are several Earth bound heroes who could defeat Thor by themselves, all you need is another high tier/Herald level character and Thor's met his match. I've answered your other questions haven't I? I don't see anything I've missed.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Actually Herald level might be a bit above Thor's class. Silver Surfer has taken punches from a pissed of Hulk and literally didn't even react.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: True but I think some fans use the term Herald as a more general description of powerhouses rather than it just applying to Galactus' Heralds. Surfer is pretty much at the top of the Herald pecking order for obvious reasons.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Just saying, there's a reason that even Spider-man thinks its stupid that he beat Fire-Lord.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nope

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Have Rulk and Colossus fought in any other instance than the underwater one in AvX? I consider that Plot because it wouldn't make good reading if Colossus defeated every Avenger so they have him close to the foundations underwater where he wouldn't be able to destroy anything (the entire fight is in his home which he doesn't want to destroy and he is the avatar of destruction).

Was it stated that he received less power from Cyttorak?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe:Ha yeah, even the comic itself knew what had happened was dumb.

@rabumalal: They only fought again at the point in AvX when the Avengers and X-Men were on the moon. Which was a part of AvX. Other than that Rulk and Juggernaut never did fight again. I don't disagree plot got Rulk the win but it was only after Colossus gave into the Cyttorak enchantment that he started to get the upper hand on Rulk.

No but Cain has better feats like causing 8.0 Earthquakes by punching Banner's shields, beating Thor in several of their fights and stalemating Green Scar Hulk, drawing blood from him and pushing him so hard the foundations of the mansion shook from their arm lock strength contest.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By Hyperlight

Colossus is incredibly powerful. Only in the last 10 years has he been portrayed as of lower power levels than the thing but that's only because the thing stands out more than colossus does on comics. Colossus has always been more powerful than the thing. He was stronger for much longer too

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's put it like this.. he's no match under any normal condition.

Feat wise - No.

Plot wise - Yes.

jdnice11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love Colossus but also not going to be bias about his limits.

Colossus is one of the the Strongest X-Men; Physically!

Colossus has gone toe to toe with Juggernaut and Hulk on several occasions and most time ended up on the losing end but over time has held his own and continues to stand his ground against any Strong type opponent. Now in terms of Strength, Colossus unfortunately is not as strong as the Hulk but I do believe he is strong enough to hurt the Hulk or at the very least let Hulk know he's there. What makes Colossus hold his own in a fight with the Hulk or Juggernaut, is the fact that he is more nimble and acrobatic (training with Nightcrawler) so he can dodge a lot of incoming attacks, he's not just a muscle bound brawler, he's an expert hand to hand combatant and he has a tactful mind so he usually outsmarts stronger opponents. These skills and abilities will keep him in a fight. But with Hulk, the longer this fight goes on, Hulk wins!

Avatar image for deactivated-5db9692553cb6
    deactivated-5db9692553cb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unstoppable Colossus can give Hulk quite a fight. Not win though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.