Follow

Colossus

Character » Colossus appears in 7581 issues.

Piotr Rasputin is a Russian mutant who possesses the ability to transform his body into organic steel, giving him immense strength and durability. Colossus is among the physically strongest X-Men, and is a talented artist.

Did you like Colossus as the avatar of Cytorrak-Juggernaut

Darksider555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Darksider555

i know it was a hard time for him and a heavy burden to bear,but did you like him as the Juggernaut?Did it bring a new dimension to his character?

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ms__omega

No didn't like it at all The Juggernaut is, was, and always will be Cain Marko's gig.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rickbarry

@Darksider555 said:

i know it was a hard time for him and a heavy burden to bear,but did you like him as the Juggernaut?Did it bring a new dimension to his character?

I think it showed that Colossus has a greater will power than most other characters considering he held it mostly in check, but it ended in a way that left him burned yet again. So I didn't like that being the new juggernaut practically killed his spirit. Hopefully he'll bounce back.

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Degalon

I didn't like two things about it.

1) Why did it make him go bald? He looks like a generic robot without his iconic hair.

2) It made no difference in his powerset. He still wasn't anywhere near actual Juggernaut levels.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I didn't care for Colossus being Juggernaut for these reasons:

1. I always looked at Juggernaut as being Cain Marko's identity and having Colossus be the Juggernaut was like stealing an identity from another character.

2. They didn't really do much with this storyline since AvX interrupted any current storylines they might had developed with this, so it seem like a waste to me.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rickbarry

@Degalon said:

I didn't like two things about it.

1) Why did it make him go bald? He looks like a generic robot without his iconic hair.

2) It made no difference in his powerset. He still wasn't anywhere near actual Juggernaut levels.

Heh. I remember reading a Gillen interview and the most common question he received about his run was his hair change.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, it did nothing to make Pete more interesting, just a meaningless power upgrade that was yanked away when no longer needed for a short term plot

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz

I have to say I am a long time fan of Colossus, The mutant with the heart of a artist but the power of a giant. I fully understand the need for chacracter development and growth, but I miss that guy.

The change to Juggernaut just fell flat and didn't go anywhere, There really wasn't anything written in to give anyone an opinion one way or another on him. Almost as if they thought the idea and look of him would be so cool, everyone would have their mind blown to hard to ask any questions.

All it did was ruin two chacracters and FURTHER dump on poor Peter in the process, as he lost his sister, and his long time love in Kitty.

chocobojam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By chocobojam

I'm not really a fan of colossus but i like his plain and simple character design. that's why i hate it when he transforms into a huge demon like monster. I'm glad that illyana has remove colossus curse because now i will not see that ugly monster again.

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DarkDay

Personally I'd have liked it to develop more. As many people pointed out, it just sort of happened and then not much done with it. When Colossus first received the power and the monologue he gives, I thought that pretty much set the tone for what should have happened with that power. Piotr instantly looked up to Cain. He realized that none of the X-Men truly understood what the Juggernaut goes through within a period of seconds, let alone for days, months, heck years on end. It would have been cool to explore that concept, to have Cain and Piotr discuss it. We could have gotten some stories with Cyttorak and his enjoyment of Piotr's run as Juggernaut (I personally found it beautifully poetic that being a hero meant more battle and thus a happy Cyttorak) and instead of changing into the Juggernaut I think Piotr should have just always been Juggernaut with Cyttorak whispering in his ear.

Also I'm not a fan of the "demonic" look he had going on, I think it was just a change for the sake of change or to distinguish him from Cain as Juggernaut and honestly I think it would have been more interesting not to distinguish the two but rather have Colossus have to walk in the other man's shoes as it were while coming to terms with what he had become.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@DarkDay said:

Personally I'd have liked it to develop more. As many people pointed out, it just sort of happened and then not much done with it. When Colossus first received the power and the monologue he gives, I thought that pretty much set the tone for what I should have happened with that power. Piotr instantly looked up to Cain. He realized that none of the X-Men truly understood what the Juggernaut goes through within a period of seconds, let alone for days, months, heck years on end. It would have been cool to explore that concept, to have Cain and Piotr discuss it. We could have gotten some stories with Cyttorak and his enjoyment of Piotr's run as Juggernaut (I personally found it beautifully poetic that being a hero meant more battle and thus a happy Cyttorak) and instead of changing into the Juggernaut I think Piotr should have just always been Juggernaut with Cyttorak whispering in his ear.

Also I'm not a fan of the "demonic" look he had going on, I think it was just a change for the sake of change or to distinguish him from Cain as Juggernaut and honestly I think it would have been more interesting not to distinguish the two but rather have Colossus have to walk in the other man's shoes as it were while coming to terms with what he had become.

That's a good idea! I would have liked to see how Colossus comes across Cain Marko and tells him how he felt about being in the Cyttorak. Maybe a rivalry would have started between them that would have regarded the Cyttorak and maybe some good stories could have come from that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.