Follow

Colossus

Character » Colossus appears in 7581 issues.

Piotr Rasputin is a Russian mutant who possesses the ability to transform his body into organic steel, giving him immense strength and durability. Colossus is among the physically strongest X-Men, and is a talented artist.

Current strength level

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rickbarry

I'm mildly curious if anyone knows more about Colossus's power up since the fear itself arc. I can only assume his durability and strength have gone through the roof, but since it seems he's stuck in his armored form wouldn't that eliminate any weaknesses that Cain might have had as Juggernaut? If I'm not mistaken Colossus is highly resistant to magical artifacts/spells and basically telepathy proof, yes? I want to say those are the only two things that really had an effect on Cain while he was powered up.

Aside from his lack of hair, which I kind of dig, do we really know anything concrete about the guy?

I can only assume we'll get a little more information depending on who he actually rumbles with with the Avengers crossover.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Kallarkz

He is no longer telepathy proof. In UXM #2 (maybe #3) when Cyclops destroyed his helmet he was attacked and subdued by Sinisters telepathy despite being in his armored form.

He hasn't been seen going up against any magical artifacts yet that I know of.

He is considerably stronger and more durable in this form but exactly HOW much stronger is still unknown.

One thing is for certain though. Colossus is not being written on the power level of Cain. His armor is a tad weaker and even back in UXM #543 when he had the power of Cyttorak he mentioned how his bones were crumbling meaning that is not immune to all physical harm. (Can't have that on a team player ;p)

And it is not quite yet certain whether or not he is "stuck" in his armored form. We simply have not seen him in a relaxing setting where he wasn't with his team members and was just lounging around.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rickbarry

Why would Cyclops destroy his helmet? Seems a little strange.

Yeah, I remember that in the commentary when he was battling Cain. I wasn't even aware he had 'bones' while armored up.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By PowerHerc

It's gotta be off the charts.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rickbarry

Yeah, I've noticed they describe Colossus as a "Steel Skinned Juggernaut." So...maybe that's their way of saying "OMG METAL MAKES HIM BETTER!"

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Kallarkz

@Rickbarry said:

Why would Cyclops destroy his helmet? Seems a little strange.

Yeah, I remember that in the commentary when he was battling Cain. I wasn't even aware he had 'bones' while armored up.

so they could all be controlled. he had a reason id have to look it up though and i don't have it with me atm.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rickbarry

@Kallarkz: Wow, I actually just read the issue. He disintegrated the helmet. Lame.

Walker696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Walker696

don't forget Cain was only powerful when he gave into his destructive urges, now take Colossus a man who is very calm and peaceful and give him high level destructive power. Just because he has it doesn't mean he will use it, matter of fact he could be slightly weaker, don't forget magic is a weird thing in Marvel. I feel like we will never get a real picture of how strong he is until he really cuts lose and gets destructive the way Cyttorak really wants him to do, after that we can talk

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rickbarry

@Walker696 said:

don't forget Cain was only powerful when he gave into his destructive urges, now take Colossus a man who is very calm and peaceful and give him high level destructive power. Just because he has it doesn't mean he will use it, matter of fact he could be slightly weaker, don't forget magic is a weird thing in Marvel. I feel like we will never get a real picture of how strong he is until he really cuts lose and gets destructive the way Cyttorak really wants him to do, after that we can talk

Yeah, but it seems Colossus has a greater amount of control over the Juggernaut form than Cain ever had. It's not only a matter of summoning the bands or helmet, but he's actually not 'The Juggernaut' most of the time. I don't really think that speaks for the upper limits of his power, it's something Cain could never really do. I'd personally like to see Piotr's control over the power of Cytorrak gain him a new ability of some sort. I want to say Cain had a few abilities that he didn't know how to reproduce, but maybe Piotr, with the aid of his sister, could actually learn?

sirens_song

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sirens_song

Yeah as of yet he has only been seen in battle/mission scenes so it's a possibility that he could be stuck but personally I don't think so. Also I'm confused, how exactly did he lose his hair? >_>

Possible I would think if Cytorrak is pretty powerful then it stands to reason he could have other tricks up his sleeve though right now Piotr is pretty emotionally balanced since gaining Juggernaut powers.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rickbarry

@sirens_song: @Walker696: @PowerHerc: Does anyone remember when Colossus was stuck in his armored form indefinitely? His power increased from being stuck like that for so long. Do you think it applies now that he's always seen in his armored form as the new Juggernaut?

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PowerHerc

@Rickbarry: I remember that. I don't know if it still applies or not or if it would even matter.

Whatever additional strength he'd get would be like adding a match to a forest fire; it would add so very little strength (relatively speaking) to his already currently incomprehensible level that it wouldn't even matter.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rickbarry

@PowerHerc: Yeah, well I was thinking ahead to him once he purges or loses the gem. I can't see them letting him be juggs on a permanent basis. Unless Cain somehow gets a gem of his own.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Rickbarry said:

@PowerHerc: Yeah, well I was thinking ahead to him once he purges or loses the gem. I can't see them letting him be juggs on a permanent basis. Unless Cain somehow gets a gem of his own.

Yeah, I don't think that Marvel would let Colossus stay Juggernaut for too long. It might ruin the merchandising for him.
    sirens_song

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sirens_song

Hey look I revived a thread. Cool xD

Probably. I like Colossus as a sweet guy ;) Though its pretty interesting to see him with a lot of inner turmoil.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @sirens_song said:

Hey look I revived a thread. Cool xD

@Rabbitearsblog Probably. I like Colossus as a sweet guy ;) Though its pretty interesting to see him with a lot of inner turmoil.

Yeah, for once I want to see a sweet person in the X-Men again since Nightcrawler died.
    Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rickbarry

@Rabbitearsblog: @PowerHerc: @Kallarkz: I don't suppose anyone caught the latest issue of Uncanny this week? Gillen went to the way back machine and let Colossus amp himself up to where he was a few hundred feet in size. I remember Jugs being able to do this, but was unsure how to replicate. All went well until a few hundred Gambit bombs fell on the guy. lol.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Blood1991

@Rickbarry: That was awesome though the Gambits calling him "chere" was a little weird. Colossus's strength must be outrageous right now. The gem, PF, and his own power. With AVX giving him another boost after Namor was trashed he must be crazy amped up.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PowerHerc

@Rickbarry said:

@Rabbitearsblog: @PowerHerc: @Kallarkz: I don't suppose anyone caught the latest issue of Uncanny this week? Gillen went to the way back machine and let Colossus amp himself up to where he was a few hundred feet in size. I remember Jugs being able to do this, but was unsure how to replicate. All went well until a few hundred Gambit bombs fell on the guy. lol.

I didn't see it but "Gambit bombs" . . . Ugh!

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rickbarry
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@Blood1991: @PowerHerc: It's strange, but now that I went over the issue again it seems like that's the Gem of Cyttorak right in the heart of his chest. It wasn't there until he amped himself up. None of the other members of the P5 have anything that resembles it. Pretty cool.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Blood1991

@Rickbarry said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@Blood1991: @PowerHerc: It's strange, but now that I went over the issue again it seems like that's the Gem of Cyttorak right in the heart of his chest. It wasn't there until he amped himself up. None of the other members of the P5 have anything that resembles it. Pretty cool.

I loved the display of what they are really capable of, and looking now I think your right about the gem. Oh Colossus what is Marvel going to do with you...

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Rickbarry

@Blood1991: I've no idea. Likely doing his own thing after AvX if this whole divide with Storm goes where it seems.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Blood1991

@Rickbarry: I hope they find some common ground if Uncanny is being cancelled then that seems to be the best place for him to be and I think Wood did a pretty good job with him. Still the team does seem to be going in the all girl squad direction.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PowerHerc

@Rickbarry:

Colossus' enormous size and power is cool.

Him being felled by "Gambit bombs" is not. There is no way they should've had any effect on him at all.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rickbarry

@PowerHerc: *Shrugs* Three Madelyne Pryor's shouldn't have been able to take the others out either, eh? I was surprised with now easy Sinister was able to counter the P5. I thought they were omnipotent.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Bumping for certain reasons.

gwilburn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gwilburn12

How about saying something rather than just saying "bumping for certain reasons". Actually add to the discussion.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DEGRAAF

what about his second stage of Juggernaut they only seem to show in glimpses of him powering up to and calming down from?

Uncanny X-Men #8
    Uncanny X-Men #8
    Uncanny X-Men #11
    Uncanny X-Men #11
    Uncanny X-Men #11
    Uncanny X-Men #11

Uncanny X-Men #11
    Uncanny X-Men #11
    Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rickbarry

@DEGRAAF: There's no defined limit to how powerful that version Colossus is at the moment. We do know he can demolish a Hulk with ease. If you combine that with his ability to use other classic juggernaut abilities listed on this topic then it's safe to say he's currently at Classic Juggernaut's strength. It's possible he's beyond that as Cyttorak is overly fond of him. 'Course with Gillen leaving UXM and that title stopping we may never see this form again.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DEGRAAF

@Rickbarry: WELL THAT SUCKS!!!!! I would like to see a mini started with him and his sister trying to help him conquer/control the juggernaut within him as someone else has stated. Where is the writer moving too?

I never liked Red Hulk anyways. Last i heard they made it so he can absorb energy again to get stronger. So he has all the abilities of Banner Hulk as well as his radiation heat expenditure.They should have left it so he could absorb energies.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#31  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@AgeofHurricane said:

Are you worried about the beat down he will give Storm and just don't want to admit those are the "reasons" ?

:PP

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @DEGRAAF said:

@Rickbarry: WELL THAT SUCKS!!!!! I would like to see a mini started with him and his sister trying to help him conquer/control the juggernaut within him as someone else has stated. Where is the writer moving too?

I never liked Red Hulk anyways. Last i heard they made it so he can absorb energy again to get stronger. So he has all the abilities of Banner Hulk as well as his radiation heat expenditure.They should have left it so he could absorb energies.

That's what I want to see too! I hope Marvel makes this come true.
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@gwilburn12 said:

How about saying something rather than just saying "bumping for certain reasons". Actually add to the discussion.

Practice what you preach, sugah'.

@god_spawn said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Are you worried about the beat down he will give Storm and just don't want to admit those are the "reasons" ?

:PP

Well--well i never.

gwilburn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By gwilburn12

@DEGRAAF: I still believe the concept of the Red Hulk is silly.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DEGRAAF

@gwilburn12: i agree with you but why? What part do you dislike?

gwilburn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By gwilburn12

Just the concept of another Hulk but one that absorbs energy. Kind of over kill

Luster77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Luster77

Seems to me, they just dumbin' him down and dats dat bullshit. IF Cain was a natural human with no known powers until he was chosen by the gem to be the Juggernaut and he was as powerful as he was, then I know for a fact that Piotr in his normal human form would be just as powerful....and to add to dat, when he armor's up, his power should more than triple. The Gem of Cytorrak should give him the powers Cain possessed and more. He should be more than Unstoppable in both forms. Honestly, with the power boost he's gotten, he should be ranked right up there with WWH, SENTRY, AND THOR IN TERMS OF RAW POWER.

jcj145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jcj145

@Rickbarry: @Kallarkz:

if I remember right, Colossus stays in his steel form now b/c he is afraid of being completely overwhelmed by the power of Cyttorak. He "feels" less in his steel form than he does out of it so he stays in it to keep the power in check and to not let it consume him. The amped up/phase 2 version that Kieron Gillen used is what happens when he does begin to lose control

allthatsgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By allthatsgeek

It's not so much that he feels less, it's more that he feels he is better able to resist the evil urges more in his metal form.As flesh and blood Piotr he is weak, but as Colossus he is a hero, and he can handle this burden.

jdnice11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So a Big Colossus fan here! I thought it would be cool to kinda update Colossus’s power set. Not change them, just improve on what he can already do with what he has. I was thinking that with Hulk being at his WWH powers, Colossus was pretty easily dispatched and that kinda made me sad, I mean I understand the reason behind this but Colossus isn’t/shouldn’t be that easy of a push over. he is one of the Strongest X-Men. Also with the return of Cain Marko as Juggernaut he got an update too. So it be nice to kinda keep him in the game

So with that being said here are my thoughts on improving Colossus’s Powers:

-Proportionate Powering: While in his human form Peter is pretty strong, not super humanly strong, but stronger than most people. I think the better/stronger he gets in his human form (Strength, Stamina, Durability & Speed…etc), when he transforms he will find himself proportionately more stronger in his Armored state. And vice versa, if in his armored stated he pulls off feat, when he transforms back into his human form, he will find he is stronger. So no matter what form he is in, Human or Armored, his Powers/Abilities will improve proportionately in either form

-Dimensional Burst: Colossus’s transformation is practically instantaneous. So if he is to say use his powers around the mansion, building/fixing/lifting he can transform casually with same effect as normal. But say if Colossus is ready to enter a battlefield/fight, he can transform instantly as usual, but this time his body projects a shortwave burst of energy from the dimension Colossus replaces his atoms with to obtain his Organic Steel form. This burst of energy can be used to clear a wave of multiple enemies or stunning stronger opponents giving himself and his teammates an advantage

-Magnetic Resistance: Although Colossus’s body is a metal when transformed, it is of Organic (living) nature.So people like Magneto or magnetic machines, can’t fully take control of Colossus’s body. The can slow him down or hold him at bay for a little but Colossus will still have control and will eventually free himself.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.