Follow

Colossus

Character » Colossus appears in 7593 issues.

Piotr Rasputin is a Russian mutant who possesses the ability to transform his body into organic steel, giving him immense strength and durability. Colossus is among the physically strongest X-Men, and is a talented artist.

Colossus in AvX

• 55 results
    IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By IrishX

Anybody else hoping that Piotr really stands out and stomps some @ss? He's powered up to a serious level at this point and hopefully he does some damage like he should. It could be the thing that pushes him over the edge to that darker side but I still want to see him mess some people up.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Rickbarry

I'm thinking that he's going to get his time to shine in the spotlight. Apparently he rumbles with every heavy hitter on the Avengers roster and some great leaps are in store for his character. I do believe Gillien plans to further his character in Uncanny 11 and Fraction mentioned that Colossus will be seen as he never has been toward the mid point of the crossover. Hopefully they do him justice.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By IrishX
    @Rickbarry:  
     I see that he supposed to match up with a few characters including Red Hulk. I don't know much about him but being a "hulk" says a lot in itself. I just really hope Colossus has some nice showings. 

They definitely need to really get down to it and explore Colossus. I'm hoping that his intelligence and character will allow him to eventually control and truly tap into the power that comes with being the avatar of Cyttorak. He could possibly harness it beyond anything Cain was ever capable of.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I almost don't want him to be Juggernaut because I see that only ending poorly.Like they will make me like him as Juggernaut and it won't last.

Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
    royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Still prefer Marko as the Juggernaut. As for AvX match ups? Most definitely Thor vs Colossus. I don't have much hope in these fights, after witnessing Thing stand a chance a against Namor in the ocean.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Vance Astro said:
    I almost don't want him to be Juggernaut because I see that only ending poorly.Like they will make me like him as Juggernaut and it won't last.
    Yeah, I have slightly the same issue with this Juggernaut situation also because I'm thinking that if Colossus becomes even more interesting as a character once they explore his struggles with the Cyttorak powers, they might kill him off or have him be absent throughout most of the X-Men run (which I hope really doesn't happen at all)
    Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rickbarry

@IrishX: I want to say in Uncanny #8 you see Colossus develop the Juggernaut form in a way Cain never had before. I'm pretty sure I saw a scan where he does it again vs Red Hulk.

@royale_with_cheese: I don't particularly mind seeing Thing being a decent match up for Namor. Namor really hasn't amped himself strength wise with the times and it shows. At least he made Ben bleed. When he fought Rulk underwater the best he could do involved tugging his breathing mask off.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Blood1991

With the Rulk and Thing bein key players he should show the Avengers that the X-Men are not to be taken lightly.

royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rickbarry said:

@royale_with_cheese: I don't particularly mind seeing Thing being a decent match up for Namor. Namor really hasn't amped himself strength wise with the times and it shows. At least he made Ben bleed. When he fought Rulk underwater the best he could do involved tugging his breathing mask off.

Well when Namor fought Rulk underwater, Rulk was getting pummeled left, right and center without even landing a hit. Namor absolutely dominated him underwater. I don't really have a problem with Ben making Namor bleed, rather, it's the fact that it only took him one shot to do so (especially when Namor was fresh out of the water). I don't think Thing should be placed in the same league as Namor, who has bested the Hulk underwater, fought evenly against Hercules and held his own against the Sentry without sustaining as much as a scratch. Plus, it was proven during Second Coming that Namor's durability is even higher than that of Colossus'.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rickbarry

@royale_with_cheese: Eh, I remember Rulk being more worried about suffocating than any blow Namor struck. In fact he called him a sucker after tricking him. I was referring to Ben bleeding in the preview. I don't recall seeing Namor bleeding in the scans shown. Also, I'm not sure what feats you're referring to, but Hulk made Namor submit after a couple blows after he had just emerged from water.

When was it proven that Namor's durability is higher than Colossus? I remember him being taken out of the fight by one Nimrod that turned on the sunlamp. It took a half dozen Nimrod's to break Colossus's arm and he still continued fighting.

royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rickbarry said:

@royale_with_cheese: Eh, I remember Rulk being more worried about suffocating than any blow Namor struck. In fact he called him a sucker after tricking him. I was referring to Ben bleeding in the preview. I don't recall seeing Namor bleeding in the scans shown. Also, I'm not sure what feats you're referring to, but Hulk made Namor submit after a couple blows after he had just emerged from water.

When was it proven that Namor's durability is higher than Colossus? I remember him being taken out of the fight by one Nimrod that turned on the sunlamp. It took a half dozen Nimrod's to break Colossus's arm and he still continued fighting.

Rulk was worried about suffocating because (as you stated before) he had lost is oxygen mask. He at least needed to breath, or in this case, get away from Namor's territory, to put up a fighting chance. Nonetheless, getting pummeled by Namor still hurt him. I.e. he yells out in pain when Namor torpedoes in to his abdomen.

As for Thing making Namor bleed:

No Caption Provided

And since when did Hulk make Namor "submit after a couple blows after he had just emerged from water"? If anything, it was the other way around.

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/7674/avengers003173hf.jpg

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/9269/incrediblehulk118200el.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4384/incrediblehulk118211kg.jpg

Namor's proves he is more durable than Colossus:

http://s663.photobucket.com/albums/uu355/ankur29/?action=view&current=X-Force_27_0014.jpg

avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By avidwriter

@IrishX said:

Anybody else hoping that Piotr really stands out and stomps some @ss? He's powered up to a serious level at this point and hopefully he does some damage like he should. It could be the thing that pushes him over the edge to that darker side but I still want to see him mess some people up.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Why is his head back to skin colored after being metal or do these two panels not come in order?

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rickbarry

@royale_with_cheese: Those scans of Namor vs. Hulk look pretty dated. As I said a lot of his feats are decades old. I wouldn't say that the scan of him touching his fingertips proves his durability is superior. Also Beast's statement doesn't seem to make sense. Laura practically jumped into the thing and survived.

The only comparison I can draw between the two currently involves the Nimrod's emerging. Namor went down to one whereas it took a half dozen to take Colossus out. I think people view Namor too highly. He's more in the ballpark of Colossus and Thing. It's not shocking Ben could make him bleed.

@avidwriter: They're from two different issues. The second scan is Colossus emerging from Cyttorak's dimension where he moves Cain out from San Francisco.

royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rickbarry: Whether or not the scans are dated, is irrelevant. The fact still stands; Namor has beaten the Hulk on numerous occasions. Laura didn't "jump" into anything. All Angel said, was that "she tried to step through the time membrane" and ended up almost flayed to the bone. My previous scan depicts Namor engaging the time membrane, whilst Colossus and Rockslide (both durable in their own right) are watching. Presumably they have also tried, hence Hank's evaluation of the situation.

The Nimrods were able to assess and exploit weaknesses within each X-men. In the case of Namor, it was something as simple as increasing the humidity level, hence draining him of his power. That's like saying Superman isn't durable because he was hit by a street level brawler wielding kryptonite brass knuckles. Colossus was subdued by six nimrods, but only one was required to break his arm. In my opinion, Namor underwater is in the same league as Hulk, Hercules, Thor, etc in terms of strength. Namor, having just been in the water and fighting on land, should be of little or no difference. Hence the reason it was rather disappointing to see Thing make him bleed with one hit, although, to the credit of Ben, he has rumbled with Hulk and was plummeting from the sky as he hit Namor.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rickbarry

@royale_with_cheese: I do think that dated scans matter. There was a time that Colossus fought Gladiator evenly, but no one would put the two in the same class currently. Gladiator's strength was amplified a great deal more than Colossus over time. I realize that Namor fares far better in water, but I don't honestly believe he is invincible if he's submerged. It's simple boasting and I'm fine with him being the cocky king. There's nothing wrong with Namor being in the same class as Ben and Piotr. He's more experienced and quick underwater, but on land I honestly don't see a difference between Ben, Colossus or Namor.

Although we'll see in the next issue a week or so from now. I'm thinking Ben wins as in the next issue he picks a fight with Juggolossus.

royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rickbarry said:

Although we'll see in the next issue a week or so from now. I'm thinking Ben wins as in the next issue he picks a fight with Juggolossus.

I will be sorely disappointed if that happens; not that I'm not already am, with this crossover event in general. Namor and Thing are fighting on Utopia; an island.............it makes no sense if Ben does win, unless he is carrying with him an invention created by Reed.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@royale_with_cheese: That last scan doesn't prove Namor is more durable. The field was obviously generating some kind of electricity which Namor doesn't tank, but absorbs.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By jhazzroucher

I hope Colossus will beat Thing, Hulk and Thor.

royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn said:

@royale_with_cheese: That last scan doesn't prove Namor is more durable. The field was obviously generating some kind of electricity which Namor doesn't tank, but absorbs.

It's not electricity and it doesn't show Namor trying to absorb anything. They said it was a time membrane and was organic unfriendly. Plus, when was the last time Namor ever displayed abilities beyond that of superhuman strength and flight? I'm not saying he can't absorb electricity, rather, writers have yet to elaborate on his other powers. No mention of him absorbing electricity was even mentioned in that scan.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@royale_with_cheese: I said it was generating a type of electricity, not that it was electricity. The little electrical spark when he puts his finger up by it and when he jumped through there was a bolt of it so there is an obvious give away. His body absorbs and reduces the effects. It doesn't have to say it cause he can and has done it and if you knew enough about Namor it would make sense in the first place. I'll flip the question, where does it say he was the only one that could go through cause he was the only one durable enough to do so?

royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn said:

@royale_with_cheese: I said it was generating a type of electricity, not that it was electricity. The little electrical spark when he puts his finger up by it and when he jumped through there was a bolt of it so there is an obvious give away. His body absorbs and reduces the effects. It doesn't have to say it cause he can and has done it and if you knew enough about Namor it would make sense in the first place. I'll flip the question, where does it say he was the only one that could go through cause he was the only one durable enough to do so?

There is no such thing as type of electricity. Electricity is electricity.......You assumed it was. The sky was red in that scene, but it doesn't mean that there was a dust storm does it? Namor wasn't the only one to engage the membrane. Laura tried to step through it, but ended up almost flayed to the bone upon contact. Beast himself states that anyone but Namor would have been killed, and this is further backed up by the fact that Colossus and Rockslide (two durable X-men) are seen in the same shot as Namor approaches the membrane, leading one to extrapolate that both X-men had previously tried to do the same thing. If electricity was truly emitted from the membrane do you really think that he would be reeling back in a defensive motion? It's organic unfriendly for a reason. What, you think they would let Namor walk through it, as if he were strolling through a park?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@royale_with_cheese:Oh excuse me for it being a comic book and saying it generates a type when there is only regular electricity. They said it was made of an unknown energy meaning there were other forces at work but it still generated a spark and a bolt of lightning of sorts so by comic logic, yes it can be a different type of electricity. Thor can summon mystic lightning or regular lightning but wait there is only one kind of lightning, right? So if a spark appears and an electrical looking bolt show up it doesn't mean electricity even though those things are associated with electricity? Funny. Also as you keep saying it is organic unfriendly which would include Namor, which is why he got hurt. The only reason he could go through was because he could absorb electricity, he has done it to Thor's lightning before so the degree is pretty high and Thor's lightning can have mystic properties to it. And it still mentions nothing about Namor being durable enough to go through and since he has even worse durability showings than Colossus even when fresh out of water, yeah it's debatable if he is even more durable than Colossus. And if you want to keep just reaching on their durability, take the fact that Colossus or Rockslide who isn't in the same durability league as Namor or Colossus in the first place, can't absorb electricity at all like Namor. So yes, his electrical absorption ability most likely played a role in reducing the damage, not solely his durability.

royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: It's unknown energy of unknown origin and you're quick to assume straight away, for the sake of your argument (or the lack thereof) that it's electricity. Lets just forget that Beast is considered to be one of the smartest men on Marvel earth and assume that he can't identify electricity when shown it hmm? What's next? You're going to call Second Coming a PIS fest?

GothikKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GothikKnight

Namor has never been very durable really. He can take bullets sure.

Colossus is way more durable than namor always has been. The Thing is just slightly less durable than Colossus. Both can take Anti-tank weaponary and have it bounce off of them.

Luke Cage and USAgent were said to be more durable than Namor.

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By Darkmount1

Just read up on what happened in the Uncanny X-Men tie-in to AVX:

Colossus, after accidentally losing control of his Juggernaut powers, ends up shattering the pillar holding up Utopia. Shocked by what he had done, he then forfeits the power of the Juggernaut.

Colossus happens to be my favorite X-Men character, and I hated that they made him the Juggernaut avatar. So for this development, I can say only two words: FINALLY, YAY!!!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Darkmount1 said:

Colossus, after accidentally losing control of his Juggernaut powers, ends up shattering the pillar holding up Utopia. Shocked by what he had done, he then forfeits the power of the Juggernaut.

Colossus happens to be my favorite X-Men character, and I hated that they made him the Juggernaut avatar. So for this development, I can say only two words: FINALLY, YAY!!!

Hmmm...interesting. I wonder what they will do with Colossus after that.
    Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Darkmount1

@Rabbitearsblog: I hope it involves finally letting him move beyond the whole constantly worrying about Illyana bit or have him try and reconcile with Kitty.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Rickbarry

@Darkmount1: What? When did this happen? That's not what happened in this Uncanny issue at all. You can actually see what happens in the other thread. He forfeit his battle with Rulk in order to prevent the pillar from collapsing.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Darkmount1 said:

This is not what happened. You totally mistook what happened. Piotr is still Juggernaut. He let himself lose by taking back control of himself, and letting Rulk beat him to save the pillar from further damage. Where you got he's no longer Juggernaut from is completely out there. Especially since it takes more than that to stop being an Avatar of Cyttorak.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By John Valentine

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@Darkmount1 said:

This is not what happened. You totally mistook what happened. Piotr is still Juggernaut. He let himself lose by taking back control of himself, and letting Rulk beat him to save the pillar from further damage. Where you got he's no longer Juggernaut from is completely out there. Especially since it takes more than that to stop being an Avatar of Cyttorak.

But it does show that he's able to take back control from Cyttorak.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Rickbarry

@TheGreyOutcastX: Yeah! I was under the impression that only Cyttorak himself can remove said energies from his chosen Juggernaut. Colossus is still Jugs until his sister finds a way out or he learns to control it. Either way, I prefer him having this conflict and power over Cain.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@John Valentine said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@Darkmount1 said:

But it does show that he's able to take back control from Cyttorak.

That wasn't what was implied. It gave off the he's no longer Juggernaut! vibe which isn't the case. I agree with you that it shows he has some control to become the dominant side in this, but Gillen is reading this like a demonic possession as opposed to how Marko has been written for years. Struggle for control is a main focus in possessions.

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Darkmount1

@TheGreyOutcastX: @John Valentine: @Rickbarry:

.........................................Boy, am I embarrassed. Sorry. :(

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By John Valentine

@Darkmount1 said:

Don't worry, it wasn't overly clear to me either.

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Darkmount1

@John Valentine: Thanks.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Darkmount1 said:

It's perfectly ok, my friend. It's just I didn't want you to have false hope of Piotr not being Juggernaut. Plus Forums are a tool to help inform people, this is a good example of that. :)

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37  Edited By SavageDragon

Colossus as the Juggernaut is so badass.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Rickbarry

I will say that his first appearance was rather badass. Kuurth was served with a Teleport ball special.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

What do you think about what has just happened to Colossus?

MikeyHramiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By MikeyHramiak

He's bad-ass, 'nuff said on that front. Hopefully he'll stay on the good side, but hey, he's gonna be awesome regardless.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Rickbarry

I think the uptown fade is back! Colossus with hair is intimidating.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Blood1991

I am beyond happy about him having hair again. Bald Colossus is just wrong.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Rickbarry

I've been following the other X-men book and he seems to still be bald and whatnot on the security/recon team. So maybe he'll still have the whole Cyttorak influence?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I do wonder about how will Colossus be able to control the Cyttorak powers and the Phoenix Force at the same time?

gwilburn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By gwilburn12

@Rabbitearsblog: Phoenix force Juggernaut?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Rickbarry: Maybe the Phoenix fragment will just completely overshadow Cyttorak's influence? I think as of now it might be the most plausible. Or considering how ignorant the writing is, the whole Juggernaut portion might be thrown out the window for the time being then when the PF is obviously out of him, he returns to being the Juggernaut.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#47  Edited By TDK_1997

I actually think that they will give him enough spotlight to stomp somebody's ass rather Spidey's where the battle didn't even end with a winner but with Spidey running away.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Rickbarry

@god_spawn: It certainly makes sense that he'll return to being Juggs. The other X-men series is drawing him under the influence of Cyttorak, but who knows what they'll do really? I, personally, think it'll be a waste when things actually became interesting.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Rickbarry said:

@god_spawn: It certainly makes sense that he'll return to being Juggs. The other X-men series is drawing him under the influence of Cyttorak, but who knows what they'll do really? I, personally, think it'll be a waste when things actually became interesting.

I hope they don't just throw away Colossus' cyttorak powers now that he has the phoenix force because that would be a waste of time on making Colossus the next Juggernaut and then have him lose his powers after wards in a short time.
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Rickbarry said:

I hope they don't just throw away Colossus' cyttorak powers now that he has the phoenix force because that would be a waste of time on making Colossus the next Juggernaut and then have him lose his powers after wards in a short time.

I don't think they would throw away his powers. If they don't focus on Cyttorak's influence, I think they would likely either make it that the PF is overshadowing the Juggernaut powers or it is as I said before, just ignored for the time being. The Phoenix Five is obviously going to last a very a short period of time so it's something that they might not focus on or it could be something that they do focus on and do deal with both entities.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.