Follow

Colossus

Character » Colossus appears in 7572 issues.

Piotr Rasputin is a Russian mutant who possesses the ability to transform his body into organic steel, giving him immense strength and durability. Colossus is among the physically strongest X-Men, and is a talented artist.

Are you serious?

Walker696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Walker696

Spoiler for those who haven't read it yet::::::

Ok so I just found out that Colossus no longer has the Juggernaut powers because his sister just up and took them away. This really confusing me for a few reasons: 1.How did she accomplish this?

2. Since when was she powerful enough to do it?

3. How come no other high level magic user has done this with Cain?

4. So who will be the next Juggernaut?

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By chiq

@Walker696 said:

Ok so I just found out that Colossus no longer has the Juggernaut powers because his sister just up and took them away. This really confusing me for a few reasons: 1.How did she accomplish this?

She brought him to Limbo where she gets a power amp and she used her Soul Sword to do it.

Magik has a history of depowering a lot of people in Limbo. She can control reality in Limbo. Her sword has a pretty impressive track record too.

They don't have a Soul Sword.

Cain is back but he is powered by Cyttorak from another reality.

Who knows, Colossus might still have to deal with Cyttorak in the future. The new Cable and the X-force solicits states he has problems with his powers. This whole thing might not be done yet.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Blood1991

@chiq said:

@Walker696 said:

She brought him to Limbo where she gets a power amp and she used her Soul Sword to do it.

Magik has a history of depowering a lot of people in Limbo. She can control reality in Limbo. Her sword has a pretty impressive track record too.

They don't have a Soul Sword.

Cain is back but he is powered by Cyttorak from another reality. Who knows, Colossus might still have to deal with Cyttorak in the future.

3. Also they don't have their own demon domain

Otherwise this is a great summary

Walker696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Walker696

Thanks I know next to nothing about her and it just seemed out the blue to me after so many people have fought against Cain and none of them thought to do the same thing. I need to go do some research on Magik I see. I have mixed feelings about Cain getting his powers back only because I want to see him at full power again, I miss the Juggs that use to run through whole teams of heroes and not the one that gets knocked around to show how strong someone else is.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By chiq

@Walker696: You will only see Cain or Pete as true team busters if they start becoming villains i guess. As long as they are Heroes and belong on teams, I don't think you will see them dominate like Classic Juggs did. Being in a team setting really hinders their chances to go all out. If they had solo books, I would think they would cut lose.

I wished Colossus was given more chances to flex his new powers but at least we got him stomping Rulk, which is a pretty good showing for me. Not a lot of bricks in Marvel would be able to do that. ( That said Wonderman just stomped on Rulk recently)

Walker696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Walker696

@chiq: this is both sad and true all at once. A part of me is hopeful that Colossus will cut lose a little bit while on X-Force but I don't see that happening though because of what you mentioned earlier. Cain hasn't been right for a long time and even when "he gave into destruction" he still got handed by Skaar(which I'm sorry should have never happened), from there he got depowered to be on the Thunderbolts and was beaten badly by Hyperion............poor Cain. He and Colossus are some of my old school fav heavyweights but as of late they have not only been getting short sticks they barley been getting any at all that's why I was upset over what his sister did and really made this post.

NightHaunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NightHaunter

I don't think that's the right way to look at it. I think this was Gillen's story and with NOW! suddenly lumped in he had to close it in a rush, and this half-assed twist was whacked in, so in continuity it will never make sense to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I liked Colossus as Juggernaut - it brought more depth to the character. I find it kind of ironic that when Magik took away the Cytorrak curse he vowed to kill her when they next meet. He's becoming more malicious AFTER he's the Juggernaut. If he went for the kill during AVX the Avengers would be screwed (sure Hulk, Rulk and Thor could take him together but there would be plenty more casualties but the rest of them would be as good as dead).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.