Follow

Cloak and Dagger

Team » Cloak and Dagger appears in 450 issues.

A team of two misunderstood runaways who first became friends and, later, heroes.

What about Cloak?

synnworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have been wondering a simple question ever since I started reading the series, from the original up onto today (on 1985 right now), what about cloak? No one seems to care at all about him in our out of the series. What I've read so far, everyone from the priest to spiderman has talked about wanting to save them (plural), yet every action ever taken had only been to save Dagger or at least separate her from Cloak who is the bad guy holding her hostage basically. Even outside the book when I googled wanting to a little hint if the two relationship ever evolve.

Yet even I found only post that spoke more on the pity of how Dagger is chained to cloak and how their relationship shouldn't really evolve beyond a platonic one.,, or the obvious one sided one that it seems to be since its portraying Cloak as a manipulative one. This is what gets me though, no one is pitying Cloak despite the fact between the to, the only one that is chained to he other is Cloak, not Dagger. She is a idiot, she actually has the power to leave anytime she unlike cloak who could leave, but then will have to face the inevitable fact that he will succumb the hunger of the darkness and feed on others "light". Yet no one really seems to pity him, without Dagger he is doomed to become a monster, so he is more chained to her than she is to him.

If she was smarter, she would realize the amount of power that she actual possess over him. Hell anyone of the people who learned their situation with critical thinking skills above a child in that comic book should be able to see the level of dependency there is between the two and how it is far from equal. The even went as far to get in contact with her stepfather and mother, and yet no one tried to contact Cloak's parents from where I'm at and they told their stories at the same time. I always loved the idea behind these two and I get it Cloak is the demon and Dagger is the angel, she is suppose to be loved while he is suppose to be hated. Yet I don't see why some like spiderman would claim to want to save those kids and only make the effort to try and help only one.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.