Follow

Civil War

Story arc »

Following a catastrophic tragedy caused by superhumans, the US Government passes a Super-Human Registration Act that requires all super-powered individuals in the country to reveal their identities, disclose their powers and personal details, and register as government employees or risk indefinite incarceration. This causes a deep rift in the hero community, with some backing the Act while others oppose it.

Marvel Casts Martin Freeman for Captain America: Civil War

• 76 results
    Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for comicsbornandbred
    ComicsBornAndBred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

ComicsBornAndBred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicsBornAndBred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gyrich is an xmen character owned by Fox

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicsBornAndBred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maddpanda531: my comic vine page was acting up. Take a chill pill...jest failed

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

It's obvious he'll be The Punisher!

sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter Parker

Kappa

Avatar image for starscream_vs_you
    Starscream_Vs_You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsbornandbred: So there is no way we would ever see Henry Peter Gyrich in Captain America: Civil War because he is owned by fox?? UGH!!! Damn blue tape!! It's all over the place!!! >_<

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

@transformers1024: gyrich belongs to x-men therefore 20th century fox owns him. I'm betting on Everett K ross (Black panther's American regent in wakanda

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@transformers1024: @starscream_vs_you: @grim: @war_killer:

Gyrich was in the first X-Men movie, so Fox definitely owns him and I doubt a character that obscure has shared rights.

Looking into this, in the movie his character is named "Guyrich" and his character is pretty different from his comic book counterpart, being the assistant to Senator Kelly and being killed later be Magneto's Brotherhood. The fact that his name is different and his character isn't really like he is in the comics, I don't see how Marvel could have a hard time using him in one of their movies. Heck, when was the last time his character was used? Does Fox still own the character if they did before? I don't see Fox fighting hard to keep a character they didn't really use to begin with.

That said, in the comics Gyrich first appeared as a liaison for The Avengers, and following the events of Age of Ultron (spoiler: with Cap having a new team of Avengers that so far aren't tied to the government) I could see Freeman appearing as Gyrich who is placed as the liaison of the Avengers by the government.

Avatar image for starscream_vs_you
    Starscream_Vs_You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: That is what I was thinking too. He was an Avenger supporting character way before he gained X-Men infamy.

Avatar image for greenlanterndeadpool
    GreenLanternDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Skull

That would be so cool- as we know the Red Skull has switched bodies quite frequently- and what better way than to be the unassuming head or high-ranking member of the NSA? Since it has been stated that the NSA is the true villain of the story, we can only imagine HYDRA's corruption can go to that deep level...and we all know that the Skull didn't die, his consciousness got transported somewhere, through time and space by the Tesseract...and what better place for such evil to hide than in such an unassuming, seemingly unthreatening form? The greatest evils are often hidden behind guises we never suspect...

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Secretary of Defense Dell Rusk

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this guy was incredible in fargo

Waveserpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woot!

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#70 owie  Moderator

Whoever it is, he'll be awesome. Bilbo/Watson/Lester/Tim in the Office, he's always great.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@jonny_anonymous said:

Red Skull

That would be so cool- as we know the Red Skull has switched bodies quite frequently- and what better way than to be the unassuming head or high-ranking member of the NSA? Since it has been stated that the NSA is the true villain of the story, we can only imagine HYDRA's corruption can go to that deep level...and we all know that the Skull didn't die, his consciousness got transported somewhere, through time and space by the Tesseract...and what better place for such evil to hide than in such an unassuming, seemingly unthreatening form? The greatest evils are often hidden behind guises we never suspect...

Exactly!

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I knew you would get it, bro! Nobody would've suspected Ted Bundy of being the monster he was, that evil lurked beneath the surface, hidden behind that façade of civility and made him even more terrifying. Just like in Brubaker's Cap run, the greatest evils are those you don't see coming..evils hidden beneath a civilized veneer, that have wormed their way into the very heart of our society and positions of power. That theme was very strong in Cap:TWS, and I expect the same here, the HYDRA infiltration going deeper within the NSA. The Skull being there all the time, behind the scenes, pulling the strings, the evil that never died, just changed his modus operandi for our more complicated times. Perhaps something along the lines of Dell Rusk, but with a better name.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

hes gonna be in Black panther too i heard.....either way he is an amazing actor so we are lucky to have him

bobthened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: red scull was already Hugo Weaving in the first Captain america movie

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@bobthened: Yeah but Weaving doesn't want to come back and work with Marvel and also in Brubakers run on Cap during Civil War Red Skull was in a new body posing as someone else so they could use that plot and have the Tesseract be the reason how.

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

When I read this first I thought it meant that Martin Freeman was cast as Captain America. Lets just say I had my first heart attack.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.