Follow

Civil War

Story arc »

Following a catastrophic tragedy caused by superhumans, the US Government passes a Super-Human Registration Act that requires all super-powered individuals in the country to reveal their identities, disclose their powers and personal details, and register as government employees or risk indefinite incarceration. This causes a deep rift in the hero community, with some backing the Act while others oppose it.

In Civil War what side do you support?

• 57 results
    flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

Poll In Civil War what side do you support? (92 votes)

Anti Registration 68%
    Pro Registration 22%
    Neutral 10%

Imagine your a superhero and its said you must sign a superhero registration act what sisde would you be on

• 
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

If it was handled correctly Pro, but how easy would it be for a supervillain, or hacker to crack into the database and look up all the info they need

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By THORSON

anti.

pro are for those who want to government to mother them to death.

FOR ASGARD!!!

Catty_Spider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By Catty_Spider1

Pro Registration but with safeguards for those laws..

Otherwise they are just judge and jury because they have Uber Powers that the rest of us don't have which is wrong.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By legacy6364

Pro registration.

Security measures can't exist without compromising the application of freedom. The end justifies the means.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

Anti-Registration. It's not hard too see why the act was repealed later. Mainly the fact that it led to the Green Goblin running the country. I think Dr. Doom even told Richards this was going to fail and low and behold he was right. Tony became the king of Douchebaggery during this time. It doesn't help that most politicians in Marvel lore have proven to be either incompetent, corrupt, or both. So you can't really trust them. The pro-registration side was so cartoonishly evil that it's no wonder people were worried when Marvel announced Ultimate alliance 2 would be based off this arc.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd do what Dr. Strange did and just wait it out and join whichever side wins because neither side is necessarily right. If I was forced to choose I'd go pro reg. Asking for some level of accountability is not entirely unreasonable.

wayne67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pro Registration had a couple of valid ideas

Accountability - so that heroes were responsible for the damage they inflicted

Training - is necessary so that superpowered can use their abilities better

Unfortunately the Pro side lost me when Tony orchestrated a fake assassination attempt to get the Act passed and it only got worse from there. From bugging Spiderman to blackmailing superheroes, to starting international incidents to garner support for the 50 state initiative. It all smacked too much of fear mongering to gain power.

Honestly if the Marvel Universe had any semblance to human behavior. Heroes who were hunted down and imprisoned without trial for failing to list themselves to the government would have either given up on heroics or become radicalised against the government.

If the pro Registration side had a decent argument or rationale it wouldn't have tried to attack Captain America the second he baulked at rounding up other heroes or needed a Thor clone to enforce the stupidity.

The better option would have been the reveal to a scared angry public that all superheroes under the age of 18 who wished to engage in super heroics would have a training environment with the legendary Avengers supervising would have been far more effective.

I'm amazed that Wiccan or any of the other countless heroes that Tony Stark imprisoned didn't come after him for locking them up. I guess that would have been too realistic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.