Follow

Chun-Li

Character » Chun-Li appears in 197 issues.

Chun-Li is a martial artist deeply rooted in the Chinese Kung-Fu and an Interpol agent with a score to settle with M. Bison and Shadaloo over her dad's disappearance. Known as 'The Strongest Woman in The World' in-universe.

Street Fighter: Chun Li Won't Be Screened For Critics, Really?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    Don't be angry...
    Don't be angry...
    What?!?  No screening for critics?  Why not?  I'm sure there are those who are on the edge of their seats waiting for the release of this.  I can't believe they're not going to let anyone get an early peak and give an early review.  What could possibly be the reason for this?

Variety reports:
    Which means those who want to see it opening night will have to brave those treacherous waters review-free. Of course, in 95% of cases, not screening a movie is the studio's way of admitting critics are sure to hate it -- usually because it's bad, occassionally because it's a genre, like horror, that critics rarely appreciate.

All kidding aside, I'm sure this isn't much of a surprise.  I actually feel a little bad for Kristen Kreuk.  But not too much.  She really started annoying me on "Smallville."  Not sure if that was entirely her fault or the writers but whatever.  She made her choice to leave the show (thankfully) and pursue a "movie" career.  Good luck, babe.

I posted this at Anime Vice the other day, here's some clips for it.  I find it entertaining in that it made me chuckle a few times.

Rune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Rune

movie will definitely not be good no matter how good she is, its not her fault.

Acheron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Acheron

Good idea. Maybe now people won't be deterred by the 8% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes :l

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
    Well I guess this is good in a sense... cause you know the Critics will slam this film hard
    G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By G'bandit

I'm watching it no matter what, I'm a huge Street fighter fan, AND specially a Chun Li fan :D

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
    G'bandit said:
    "I'm watching it no matter what, I'm a huge Street fighter fan, AND specially a Chun Li fan :D
    "
    Hey Go For It  !
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

I can't wait for it to get nominated for an oscar next year.

Avatar image for twilightthunder
    TwilightThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#7  Edited By TwilightThunder

as CRAPTACULAR as geoff john's Green Lantern Rebith. Oh Yeah!

Midnightist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Midnightist

Oh lord this only happens when writers know their movies suck oh well looks like Kristen still got a lot more Smallville to go before movies

Ownerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ownerz

Did anyone see this movie yet?

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dark Cloud™

I saw the movie, and own the movie. Not because it was great in any way, but because I have this internet-crush on Kristin Kreuk. She is incredibly gorgeous. @_@ Anyway, the movie was bad. REAL bad. It's a little late to type this, especially since the movie came out, last year? Yeah. Kristin is making a good start on her movie career. Not every actor or actress has a repertoire of awesome movies, in fact, some have horrible movies under their belt, and often evolve from those into spectacular actors or actresses. Just look at Bruce Campbell.

The story made no sense, the portrayals of characters made no sense, the fighting was average, and the graphics were poorly executed. In my honest, unbiased opinion (as well as the majority of watchers), this movie failed on practically everything.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.