Follow

Chucky

Character » Chucky appears in 42 issues.

"The Lakeshore Strangler" Charles Lee Ray, also known as Chucky, is a serial killer whose soul got stuck in a doll that no kid would want as a present. Chucky started a rampage to find a human body to transfer his soul to. He is the main character and antagonist of the Child's Play franchise.

Should'nt someone write about the Comics?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Instead of the movies?

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Nighthunter

there were comics?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

caption
    caption
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nighthunter

stupid.....

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
    The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Is the storyline in the comics different than the movies?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    The Man of Yesteryear said:
    "Is the storyline in the comics different than the movies?"
    Yes.
    Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Sparda

You know, I don't usually go on rants about characters, but seriously.....Chucky is the lamest antagonist in fiction ever. He's a doll. Honestly, A DOLL. I can understand him maybe stabbing and killing, like, one person (only for the surprise that a toy is walking around and talking), but after that he should've been put down like nobodies business. All it would take would be a swift kick.....just pick him up and toe punt him. Heck, just flip over a wastebasket and pile some books on top.

It's just baffling how anyone could consider him a serious threat, nevermind spawn a entire franchise around the premise. I laugh more than anything when I see the Child's Play movies. It's practically a comedy series.

Avatar image for platinumwarrior
    Platinumwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Platinumwarrior
    Sparda said:
    "You know, I don't usually go on rants about characters, but seriously.....Chucky is the lamest antagonist in fiction ever. He's a doll. Honestly, A DOLL. I can understand him maybe stabbing and killing, like, one person (only for the surprise that a toy is walking around and talking), but after that he should've been put down like nobodies business. All it would take would be a swift kick.....just pick him up and toe punt him. Heck, just flip over a wastebasket and pile some books on top.

It's just baffling how anyone could consider him a serious threat, nevermind spawn a entire franchise around the premise. I laugh more than anything when I see the Child's Play movies. It's practically a comedy series."

Agreed
    Avatar image for midnight_assassin
    Midnight Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sparda said:
    "You know, I don't usually go on rants about characters, but seriously.....Chucky is the lamest antagonist in fiction ever. He's a doll. Honestly, A DOLL. I can understand him maybe stabbing and killing, like, one person (only for the surprise that a toy is walking around and talking), but after that he should've been put down like nobodies business. All it would take would be a swift kick.....just pick him up and toe punt him. Heck, just flip over a wastebasket and pile some books on top.

It's just baffling how anyone could consider him a serious threat, nevermind spawn a entire franchise around the premise. I laugh more than anything when I see the Child's Play movies. It's practically a comedy series."
    ROFLMMFAO! That is so true but so funny at the same time.
    Dark_Watcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dark_Watcher
    Sparda said:

LOL
    Dark_Watcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dark_Watcher

<-------- Drift

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sparda
    Midnight Assassin said:
    "Sparda said:

ROFLMMFAO! That is so true but so funny at the same time."
    I've been thinking that since I was five and first heard about the series, lol. It's horrible though, their remaking the first movie for next year....now a whole new generation will be dumbfounded by it. Oy vey.

Platinumwarrior said:
    "Sparda said:

Agreed"
    I honestly can't think of a single less threatening horror villain thus created.

Dark_Watcher said:
    "<-------- Drift"

Vertigo avatar...?
    Dark_Watcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dark_Watcher

It's John Constantine

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sparda
    Dark_Watcher said:
    "It's John Constantine"
    Ah, I thought so.
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nighthunter
    Sparda said:

agreed, I literally laughed when I watched the movie, am I really supposed to be scared?
    Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sparda
    Nighthunter said:
    "Sparda said:

agreed, I literally laughed when I watched the movie, am I really supposed to be scared?"
    That's what Hollywood would like you to believe, but I'm starting a theory. I think that Child's Play's script was originally intended to be a children's television show much in the vein of Sesame Street-hence the title. The episodes would revolve around a kid named Chuckie and his horrible deformed doll going on misadventures and learning valuable life lessons from them, much like Are You Afraid Of The Dark (but even tamer)?
    PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PYH000
    @Sparda said:
    " I laugh more than anything when I see the Child's Play movies. It's practically a comedy series. "
    Which adds some irony to what you just said because the last two Chucky movies went towards the comedy territory.
    SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this is old as hell, but why not bump it up since I'm just now reading it.

I feel as though saying "He's the worst villain out there" is absent minded and lacking of creativity. Chucky debuted at the time of dolls like My First Buddy, Cabbage Patch, loving dolls. It was the perfect idea for that reason. Chucky was menacing because of the fact he got so many kids afraid of it. Parents didn't want to buy the kids them, Chucky actually did leave an impact on the thought of those dolls at the time. I used to have a My First Buddy doll as a kid.

Also, as for non-threatining? Why, because he's not a giant big doofus like Leatherface who swings a chainsaw around? Realisticly, that should be the non-threatining one to you. Chucky was meant to be stealthy. An example, someone is sitting at the dark, and they hear a noise run behind them. It's not a giant man who comes out with a huge machette, instead it's a doll, leaning against something and just whips a knife at you. It's the unexpected. It's the stealth aspect.

I just found this whole thread kind of ignorant in a way, and just totally no creativity. I prefer Chucky for that reason. He IS a doll. The whole concept sounds ridiculous, but the execution has proven to be sucessful and genius. It wouldn't take a swift kick, because the doll could swifly roll over, and stab you in the foot. It's ridiculous, but the idea behind it is pretty awesome.

I feel the people in this thread haven't actually seen the movie, and instead went in with a close mind. Again, I know it's so old, but I always see people get condemened for making a repeating thread explaining the situation. So.. there ya go.

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: There have been plenty of occasions where Chucky attacked someone WITHOUT stealth though, so thats kind of a moot point. A 6'6 275 pound guy with a chainsaw > a 2 foot doll who SOMETIMES has a knife.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redlantern23 said:

@sideburnguru: There have been plenty of occasions where Chucky attacked someone WITHOUT stealth though, so thats kind of a moot point. A 6'6 275 pound guy with a chainsaw > a 2 foot doll who SOMETIMES has a knife.

That pound guy also has mental disabilities, slow, and also has the advantage of every victim he chases being a complete idiot by tripping randomly.

..Like when? I'm trying to think of all scenarios. Mostly anyone he attacked without stealth, it was either Andy or the person did do what others suggest, and he ended up getting the upper hand.

Also, Chucky usually just makes the enviroment around him to his own advantage, as shown in the movies and the comics. In the comics, the stealth helps him take serious revenge. The stealth part is truly capitalized on.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.