Follow

Cheetah (Minerva)

Character » Cheetah (Minerva) appears in 818 issues.

Barbara Ann Minerva was an archaeologist who used an ancient ritual to turn herself into the avatar of Urzkartaga, but because she didn't meet the requirement of virginity, she was cursed by the god to suffer from an unending hunger for human flesh.

chetah needs a proper development.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gokuwarrior

the things is that only a few writers did a good job with her,and that was only on wonder woman title,outside wonder woman comic,cheetah is treated like a joke and a punching bag.

it's not that hard to give cheetah what she deserves,she is supposed to be a powerhouse,with enough super strength and super speed to fight characters like wonder woman and superman,then why writers never get that point?,even now,she seemed to have a good impact on the new 52,justice league issue 13,but in issue 14,her fight ended in a stupid way,it seems that almost everytime she is having a good fight she loses in a stupid way at the end,why the writers can't make her consistent?,it's not hard to writer her with the proper power level,and give her good fights to she her worth,so why we can't have a real good showing for cheetah in wonder woman title and outside wonder woman title?,are the writers too lazy to do something that isn't difficult at all?,or maybe nobody creas,what do you think?.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Press Oblivion

I have to admit that I haven't given a great deal of thought to Cheetah and I haven't yet read Rucka's run on the character.

In JPhulk's thread about Who is Wonder Woman's Arch nemeis I mention the reasons why I feel that she hasn't gotten top billing as Wonder Woman's greatest foe.

@Press Oblivion said:

No Caption Provided
    Wonder Woman and Genocide
    Wonder Woman and Genocide

I really like Circe for the top spot as Wonder Woman's archenemy. Her cunning, power and unpredictability are a unique blend that make her practically indomitable. If she could be compared to other top notch villains the closest I could come to would be a mixture of Lex Luthor & The Joker yet completely original in her design of personality and overall character. Though this character has had less than 200 appearances (according to comic vine) I see her as the ultimate threat to Wonder Woman's everything and thus sets her far and above the rest ad Wonder Woman's Archenemy.

While I like Cheetah a lot, I feel a little overwhelmed with the thought of her Super Friends incarnation which was a little more than a device to have someone for Wonder Woman to fight in some of those episodes. She feels like more of a secondary foe like Scorpion to Spider-Man, ZZZAX to The Hulk or Metallo to Superman than a the top tier threat that Circe can embody. She's had a lot of different looks over the years in the attempt to make her more intimidating, dangerous or appealing but it's hard to dress that up as badass when she's just so darn cuddly.

Aries is a little tricky for me because, until this latest incarnation of Diana, Wonder Woman is bound to respect him as a higher power and to defy his will was something that she had to struggle with sometimes turning to others in the pantheon to unseat his schemes, or diplomatically request that he stop what he was doing before going to blows if she could gain an audience with him. He's somehow less of an archenemy and more of a family or tribal bad boy that needs to be disciplined every now and again. But that's my personal opinion, to place the label of villainy on a God doesn't seem right with me. Villainy is a purely terrestrial attribute and a god is above that, in my mind, and would consider Wonder Woman and any other human beneath the reward of his attention. Not that this is how he's ever been written, just my view on the status of "GOD" in relation to terrestrial follower.

Clearly this is not the case in the Wonder Woman animated movie. Just my thoughts though.

I really liked Genocide in a Doomsday kind of way and would be interested in seeing that character be reintroduced in this new continuity to test Wonder Woman's indomitable will against her indomitable force in epic fisticuffs!

At the time I wrote this, I hadn't read the latest Justice League issues featuring the Cheetah. When I did read them, I was pleasantly surprised to see just what a threat she presented overwhelming the League and biting Superman's neck to turn him into a Cheetah too was nothing short of impressive! When ever it takes a the combined efforts of a team that powerful to waylay one character, they get special respect in my book. The way that she dismantled the Flash was AWE INSPIRING! I didn't ever think that they would have any other character's speed be comparable to the Flash and that was a concession should be recognized industry wide.

This establishes that not only is Cheetah as strong as Wonder Woman (which makes her as strong as Superman) she's as fast or faster than the Flash and if this is the case, she's faster than both Wonder Woman and Superman her threat level would be astronomical in the face of any adversary/

The ending of the fight was more of a tool to actually get her locked up as part of a greater plan. If not for this plan, perhaps leading into the Thrown of Atlantis, I don't see why Cheetah couldn't have turned the entire team into Feral Cheetah versions of themselves and rightly conquered the world.

The truth of it is that Azzarello won't be getting to any of this very soon or at all, possibly. That's why we need another Wonder Woman title so that we can explore Villains like Cheetah and expand other members of her rogues gallery.

A big Wonder Woman centric event would help to lend credence to Cheetah and others too. But to date, Cheetah's Justice League appearance is great exposure as that title is selling very well.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By colonyofcells

The first thing Cheetah needs are some clothes.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gokuwarrior

@colonyofcells: i don't think so,the best cheetah is minerva the avatar of a god,she doesn't need clothes,she needs to be writen as the powerhouse she is,and she need to be more exposed and needs to have time in the spotlight as a main villan outside wonder woman title.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By SoA

@gokuwarrior: judging by the way issue 14 ended i thought she threw the fight to get locked up in the watchtower , then again didn't they use sonics or something?

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gokuwarrior

@SoA: yes,she lost the fight on purpose to get in.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By COBRAMORPH

Its hard to take a furry as a serious threat.

Its like if Silver Swan were remade into WW's main villain. A swan is not very threatening. It just doesnt work.

TBH, it would be better if DC remade Vixen into Cheetah's role as WW's main villain. A much more interesting character, & much easier to use. a Hot piece of ass that finds a magic item to fight a super hero.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#8  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@COBRAMORPH said:

Its like if Silver Swan were remade into WW's main villain. A swan is not very threatening. It just doesnt work.

TBH, it would be better if DC remade Vixen into Cheetah's role as WW's main villain. A much more interesting character, & much easier to use. a Hot piece of ass that finds a magic item to fight a super hero.

are you on crack?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#9  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@COBRAMORPH said:

are you on crack?

Meth I think
    Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

She also needs a freaking reason to hate Wonder Woman so much!

I'll admit, the whole "ultra-thin fur somehow covers naughty bits" thing is kinda weird

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

cat lady needs development? woof. so many places you can take it. too many choices!!

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She also needs a freaking reason to hate Wonder Woman so much!

@colonyofcells said:

I'll admit, the whole "ultra-thin fur somehow covers naughty bits" thing is kinda weird

cheetah is everything wonder woman stands against,cheetah is a killer,she loves to kill,she is selfish,she hates society and she has contempt for life,all the oppiste to wonder woman,she hates wonder woman because she doesn't seek power,she is almost a god but acts like a human trating people equally while cheetah became an avatar because she wanted power,cheetah hates her because wonder woman trys to see the best in humanity while cheetah despises humanity and considers all humans to fake and arrogant,those are the reasons why cheetah hates wonder woman so much..

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gokuwarrior

CHEETAH.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.