Follow

Cheetah (Minerva)

Character » Cheetah (Minerva) appears in 814 issues.

Barbara Ann Minerva was an archaeologist who used an ancient ritual to turn herself into the avatar of Urzkartaga, but because she didn't meet the requirement of virginity, she was cursed by the god to suffer from an unending hunger for human flesh.

Cheetah NEEDS Azzarello

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By jointron33

With the gods of Greece being revolutionized by Azzarello at the moment, I see no greater opportunity for Cheetah to finally be written as the villain that she is. While Barbara Minerva has been well written by Perez, Simone, and a few others, she has been at the mercy editors and bad writers. This has led to many storylines, usually involving Batgod, in which Cheetah is defeated as if she is powerless. Hmmm....what's wrong with this picture? Oh yeah! The fact that she has Super strength powerful enough to rival Superman, Captain Marvel, and of course, Wonder Woman. Or the fact that he tail and claws have to same level of strength. Or that she's just as fast, if not faster then the Flash. What about the fact that she's a magical conduit for a angry god's power? Yeah, Batman and Catwoman would be dead in seconds. This isn't the lame Golden Age Priscilla Rich Cheetah, this is the real Cheetah. And please Azzarello, make her a threat again.

OmegaHans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By OmegaHans

@jointron33 said:

With the gods of Greece being revolutionized by Azzarello at the moment, I see no greater opportunity for Cheetah to finally be written as the villain that she is. While Barbara Minerva has been well written by Perez, Simone, and a few others, she has been at the mercy editors and bad writers. This has led to many storylines, usually involving Batgod, in which Cheetah is defeated as if she is powerless. Hmmm....what's wrong with this picture? Oh yeah! The fact that she has Super strength powerful enough to rival Superman, Captain Marvel, and of course, Wonder Woman. Or the fact that he tail and claws have to same level of strength. Or that she's just as fast, if not faster then the Flash. What about the fact that she's a magical conduit for a angry god's power? Yeah, Batman and Catwoman would be dead in seconds. This isn't the lame Golden Age Priscilla Rich Cheetah, this is the real Cheetah. And please Azzarello, make her a threat again.

Then why not make Priscilla like Barbara was and stronger for the new 52?

peppermintking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By peppermintking

I would love it if they merged Priscilla and Barbara together to make one crazy cool Cheetah.  Take Priscilla Rich's mental instability and Barbara Minerva's feral power, and I think you'd have a great villain.

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By DMC

Been doing quite a bit of thinking and reading about Wonder Woman of late, just recently getting into Cheetah. For a character that's suppose to be Wonder Woman's arch enemy she sure doesn't look or feel like it. Granted I haven't read enough WW stories involving Cheetah but I think it's safe to say DC isn't doing a good job. A great hero NEEDS a great arch nemesis so DC has no choice but to fix this. And it would be great if it was her and not someone from the Greek pantheon that Azzerello seems solely unfocussed on. Personally I think they need to give the "female guardian" Minerva is possessed/cursed by a more intimidating demi-god/demon aura if you get my drift. The usual hybrid cat lady with a tale look isn't enough imo. Then again appearance isn't everything which leads me to her character. Maybe she needs more of a hunter's edge to her, unless she does already. But that doesn't mean she should loose her savage demeanor either.

EvilAndy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By EvilAndy

Justice League #10 briefly mentions Cheetah, and her (not very detailed) image appears to be that of Barbara Minerva, or at least someone with Minerva type powers.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By jrock85

I'd love to see him write Cheetah.

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By DMC

Apparently Cheetah doesn't need Azarello, she needs someone better, she need Geoff Johns. Reintroducing her in Justice League means that they're FINALLY treating her like a real heavyweight.

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for crimson_butterfly
    Crimson_Butterfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Crimson_Butterfly

Have you seen Ares new look its a downgrade from before if someone is gonna introduce her another good writer should do it. Azzarello is too busy with the Greek Gods story introducing Cheetah is not one of them.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jointron33

Geoff Johns quality of writing on JL better than Azzarello?.................I think not.

arcano_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By arcano_19

well on the trinity event she seems to cause or either have an important rol on it

Avatar image for teamunitednerds
    TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

I loved the Geoff Johns version. What's with this obsession with power here? I could care less about how strong she is

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teamunitednerds: She is supposed to be powerful enough to fight WW, not a poor man's Catwoman.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

after reading azzarello's work with wonder woman,i don't have hope in him to writte cheetah.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.