Follow

Chamber

Character » Chamber appears in 1238 issues.

Chamber is a mutant with psionic energy emitting from his chest. He lost his powers on M-Day, was kidnapped by a cult of Apocalypse and transformed into Decibel. He regained his original powers following the events of Age of X.

When is he gonna show!?!?

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By papad1992

He's supposed to be a "junior staff member" at the Jean Grey School but he has since never shown up!! All the other "teachers and staff" has made appearances but why not Chamber!! I thought the whole point of bringing him to the school was to reunite him with Paige (Husk)!! Any thoughts??

Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Starleafgirl

I would hope Jono's enough of his own man that he'd decide to follow Wolverine 'cos of his own reasons, not just for Paige -- unless, of course, he's concerned enough about her condition to stick around for her.

Anyway, exciting news! He'll be making an appearance in X-Men Legacy #264, coming Mar. 21!

Preview page:

No Caption Provided

Maybe he's a substitute teacher for Paige and Rockslide just asked where she is/how she's doing and the answer wasn't good, hence the downcast gazes.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By papad1992

@Starleafgirl said:

I would hope Jono's enough of his own man that he'd decide to follow Wolverine 'cos of his own reasons, not just for Paige -- unless, of course, he's concerned enough about her condition to stick around for her.

Anyway, exciting news! He'll be making an appearance in X-Men Legacy #264, coming Mar. 21!

Preview page:

No Caption Provided

Maybe he's a substitute teacher for Paige and Rockslide just asked where she is/how she's doing and the answer wasn't good, hence the downcast gazes.

Ahhh, there's the Jono we all know and love!! Maybe it's time to finally read about Husk's condition... maybe it worsened!! And we need some repowerment closure from Jono!!

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By XsPectre28

so is he still an omega level or not. what came about from his being with the clan akkabba

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Mercy_
    @Starleafgirl I miss Clay Mann's art so freaking much.
    Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Starleafgirl

I agree, papad, we need to know why Jono and Revenant, as she said, "the pieces that don't fit" -- I think we got closure for Revenant in that she was actually Rachel Summers/Grey's consciousness, who was coming to deliver a message and that all got resolved in the subsequent space arc of Legacy, but what about Chamber? I hope they don't do the same thing as they did with Clan Akkabba, meaning leave the plot dangling forever.

I don't think he's an omega, or I'm pretty sure they never said that (though it'd totally make sense, to me). Absolutely NOTHING came of the Clan Akkabba stuff; they spent all of New Warriors and a subsequent X-Force arc about Apocalypse never even mentioning Jon's connection to Akkabba and Apocalypse, then thrust him immediately into Age of X after an off-panel visit to Jubilee put him in the wrong place at the wrong time (or, rather, the right place at the right time to get his old powers back! Yay!). The whole Apocalypse, Jr. thing ended up being completely useless, except that it gave Jono something to do rather than lie in a hospital bed all day and night on life support with an open chest cavity (which is good, 'cos, let's face it, eventually his body would've gone into shock or he'd get an infection and die...).

What did Clay Mann do...? Previous Legacy arcs? Not a huge fan of this artist's style, but it could definitely be worse!

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By papad1992

@Starleafgirl said:

I agree, papad, we need to know why Jono and Revenant, as she said, "the pieces that don't fit" -- I think we got closure for Revenant in that she was actually Rachel Summers/Grey's consciousness, who was coming to deliver a message and that all got resolved in the subsequent space arc of Legacy, but what about Chamber? I hope they don't do the same thing as they did with Clan Akkabba, meaning leave the plot dangling forever.

I don't think he's an omega, or I'm pretty sure they never said that (though it'd totally make sense, to me). Absolutely NOTHING came of the Clan Akkabba stuff; they spent all of New Warriors and a subsequent X-Force arc about Apocalypse never even mentioning Jon's connection to Akkabba and Apocalypse, then thrust him immediately into Age of X after an off-panel visit to Jubilee put him in the wrong place at the wrong time (or, rather, the right place at the right time to get his old powers back! Yay!). The whole Apocalypse, Jr. thing ended up being completely useless, except that it gave Jono something to do rather than lie in a hospital bed all day and night on life support with an open chest cavity (which is good, 'cos, let's face it, eventually his body would've gone into shock or he'd get an infection and die...).

What did Clay Mann do...? Previous Legacy arcs? Not a huge fan of this artist's style, but it could definitely be worse!

Hopefully we'll get to see some nice long panels and pages of Husk and Chamber!! It's so long overdue!! Him with his sudden unexplained repowerment and her with her power upgrade and dry flaky skin!! (I think Paige should be the next candidate for a Proactive commercial or something!)

Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Starleafgirl

@papad1992 said:

@Starleafgirl said:

Hopefully we'll get to see some nice long panels and pages of Husk and Chamber!! It's so long overdue!! Him with his sudden unexplained repowerment and her with her power upgrade and dry flaky skin!! (I think Paige should be the next candidate for a Proactive commercial or something!)

Haha, yeah, totally. And now her power is turning against her the same way Jono's has always been against him (like when it took his chest and the bottom half of his face). They have plenty to relate to in each other; Paige is no longer just a pretty face.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By papad1992

@Starleafgirl said:

@papad1992 said:

@Starleafgirl said:

Haha, yeah, totally. And now her power is turning against her the same way Jono's has always been against him (like when it took his chest and the bottom half of his face). They have plenty to relate to in each other; Paige is no longer just a pretty face.

Well I wouldn't go as far as saying that she no longer has a pretty face... but they do now have something in common: they both are damaged from being hurt emotionally or physically! We all know that Paige is holding some sort of reserve or maybe even denial towards the death of Icarus and her recent power tampering during Necrosha by Proteus could have a significant effect on her physically later on, and Jono's sudden repowerment would probably make him question his purpose in life and now that his powers are back he may feel that a void has been filled only for part of his face and chest to be engulfed by flames yet again!! They both are hurting emotionally and physically big time!!!

Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Starleafgirl

@papad1992 said:

@Starleafgirl said:

Well I wouldn't go as far as saying that she no longer has a pretty face... but they do now have something in common: they both are damaged from being hurt emotionally or physically! We all know that Paige is holding some sort of reserve or maybe even denial towards the death of Icarus and her recent power tampering during Necrosha by Proteus could have a significant effect on her physically later on, and Jono's sudden repowerment would probably make him question his purpose in life and now that his powers are back he may feel that a void has been filled only for part of his face and chest to be engulfed by flames yet again!! They both are hurting emotionally and physically big time!!!

I said she's not just a pretty face anymore; she's got depth/trauma/etc. Don't forget the three years (or whatever) of memories they have from Age of X. I think someone hinted at some point that Paige's problem is psychological -- maybe it's PTSD from those memories of Age of X years.

But yeah, they're both hurting, so there's a chance to bond. Let's just hope Jono's more than just in that one scene!

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By papad1992

@Starleafgirl said:

@papad1992 said:

@Starleafgirl said:

I said she's not just a pretty face anymore; she's got depth/trauma/etc. Don't forget the three years (or whatever) of memories they have from Age of X. I think someone hinted at some point that Paige's problem is psychological -- maybe it's PTSD from those memories of Age of X years.

But yeah, they're both hurting, so there's a chance to bond. Let's just hope Jono's more than just in that one scene!

He better appear in more than once scene... or else Marvel is gonna have some very angry fans! Was Paige one of the mutants to have their memories wiped from the Age of X timeline? Because I don't remember seeing her afterwards!

Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Starleafgirl

@papad1992 said:

He better appear in more than once scene... or else Marvel is gonna have some very angry fans! Was Paige one of the mutants to have their memories wiped from the Age of X timeline? Because I don't remember seeing her afterwards!

I asked elsewhere and she still remembers Age of X. I doubt Jono would get his memories wiped, either. I mean, at the very least, it'd get annoying to keep explaining to him why he's flaming again, lol.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By papad1992

@Starleafgirl said:

@papad1992 said:

I asked elsewhere and she still remembers Age of X. I doubt Jono would get his memories wiped, either. I mean, at the very least, it'd get annoying to keep explaining to him why he's flaming again, lol.

HAHA funny... So maybe they'll comfort each other!! And is Jono supposed to be a regular in X-Men Legacy? I keep hearing that... if so then I'm sold! 'Cause the cast will then be: Rogue, Gambit, Frenzy, Rachel, sometimes Cannonball, Husk, Iceman, Wolverine, and now Chamber!! Dang that's an extensive cast of characters to play with. I'd be happy to write them!!

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By jrock85

Glad to see him back.

Just wish it wasn't in a book that I don't read.

Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Starleafgirl

@papad1992 said:

HAHA funny... So maybe they'll comfort each other!! And is Jono supposed to be a regular in X-Men Legacy? I keep hearing that... if so then I'm sold! 'Cause the cast will then be: Rogue, Gambit, Frenzy, Rachel, sometimes Cannonball, Husk, Iceman, Wolverine, and now Chamber!! Dang that's an extensive cast of characters to play with. I'd be happy to write them!!

I don't know if he'll be a regular, we'll see. I think "regular" is just a word fans with hopes have been throwing around. ;) Like I heard he was going to be a "regular" in Wolverine and the X-Men and that sure as heck hasn't happened.

@jrock85 said:

Glad to see him back.

Just wish it wasn't in a book that I don't read.

Agreed, but you might want to consider picking up this issue at least. I don't mind picking up the occasional issue of a title I don't read for a character I love... which leads to a very eclectic collection overall, lol.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By papad1992

@Starleafgirl said:

@papad1992 said:

I don't know if he'll be a regular, we'll see. I think "regular" is just a word fans with hopes have been throwing around. ;) Like I heard he was going to be a "regular" in Wolverine and the X-Men and that sure as heck hasn't happened.

Well that's one of the reasons I chose team Wolverine (ewww, sounds like Twilight!!) Because most of my favorite characters went to the school, including a long overdue dormant Chamber...

Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Starleafgirl

@papad1992 said:

Well that's one of the reasons I chose team Wolverine (ewww, sounds like Twilight!!) Because most of my favorite characters went to the school, including a long overdue dormant Chamber...

I shudder at the fact that comparing Schism to Twilight actually makes sense... you're choosing between a pompous pretty-boy jerk (Cyke/Edward) or wolfy guy full of heart (Wolverine/Jacob). O.o

But yeah, I'm on Team Wolverine, too. I agree with the philosophy of a school setting (rather than an army setting) for today's youth and tomorrow's leaders.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By papad1992

@Starleafgirl said:

@papad1992 said:

I shudder at the fact that comparing Schism to Twilight actually makes sense... you're choosing between a pompous pretty-boy jerk (Cyke/Edward) or wolfy guy full of heart (Wolverine/Jacob). O.o

But yeah, I'm on Team Wolverine, too. I agree with the philosophy of a school setting (rather than an army setting) for today's youth and tomorrow's leaders.

Putting it in that perspective makes me cringe at the thought that my favorite team(s) are being compared to a teenage vampire drama fad!! Sigh.... kids today.

But yeah, I like Wolverine's side way more than Cyke's team! Not only for their different philosophies but for also the certain characters that are on each team!!

Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Starleafgirl

@papad1992:

It's Mar. 28 now. :x I knew it was suspicious for them to have Legacy scheduled two weeks in a row, lol.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By papad1992

@Starleafgirl said:

@papad1992:

It's Mar. 28 now. :x I knew it was suspicious for them to have Legacy scheduled two weeks in a row, lol.

Cool can't wait!!

Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Starleafgirl

@papad1992:

Not only did he show up, but he rocked!

He was only on a couple of pages, but his portrayal was spot-on! He was fantastic! He even defended the kids from a bad guy with a bit of that typical snarky Generation X attitude. Major kudos to Christos Gage for those pages. I'm on another site where he said he had a lot of fun writing that.

Oh, and Jason Aaron responded to some of my questions in the latest X-Position over on Comic Book Resources and he said that Chamber will have a moment in Wolverine and the X-Men #10, being released May 9th! Let's hope it's good. ^^

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By papad1992

@Starleafgirl said:

@papad1992:

Not only did he show up, but he rocked!

He was only on a couple of pages, but his portrayal was spot-on! He was fantastic! He even defended the kids from a bad guy with a bit of that typical snarky Generation X attitude. Major kudos to Christos Gage for those pages. I'm on another site where he said he had a lot of fun writing that.

Oh, and Jason Aaron responded to some of my questions in the latest X-Position over on Comic Book Resources and he said that Chamber will have a moment in Wolverine and the X-Men #10, being released May 9th! Let's hope it's good. ^^

Awesome news!! Now I can't wait till I get the recent WATXM...

Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Starleafgirl

@papad1992: @lykopis: Just to recap:

Jono appeared in:

X-Men: Legacy #264

X-Men: Legacy #265

Wolverine and the X-Men #9 (just one panel, not a speaking role)

And he will appear in:

Wolverine and the X-Men #10

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By ReVamp

Seems legit.

Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Starleafgirl

Jono's on the roster page for X-Men: Legacy #266 so it stands to reason he'll appear in that. He'll definitely appear in X-Men: Legacy #267, but as a background character, and we don't know if he'll do anything more than that. For my money, I think I rather save for Wolverine and the X-Men #10, where he'll appear drawn by Bachalo again.

CherryLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#26  Edited By CherryLips

While we're on the subject of Chamber's appearances, can anyone comment on the fact that there has been absolutely no interaction of Chamber and Husk? It's actually starting to drive me a little crazy. I'm sure that this is due to the main focus being on the A vs. X storyline, but give me something. Even if only in the background, I don't need a full, obvious interchange.

Does anyone else also get the feeling that they are going to have some kind of triangle with Husk/Chamber/Toad? I can see Toad developing a crush on Paige, due to her just being kind to him, and then him getting really angry/violent when Paige and Jono finally start to have their moments. Just throwing it out, I know how Marvel loves to form all kinds of love triangles.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.