Follow

Catwoman

Character » Catwoman appears in 3418 issues.

Catwoman is a fictional character originating from DC Comics. Under the costumed alias of Catwoman, Selina Kyle, is a cat burglar with an on-again, off-again, romantic relationship with Batman. She is shown as a woman who is very strong-willed, independent and morally dubious.

The Batman version

Jakesully1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Jakesully1981

Who else thought this version was odd looking? the costume looked like a rat or a bat in some ways.

But Selina Kyle was fine looking here even with those piercing blue eyes.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I actually really liked The Batman, and though while I didn't like Joker's design for the show I did like others such as Killer Croc, Clayface, and Catwoman. I did like Catwoman's personalty in the show.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By the_tree

@War Killer said:

I actually really liked The Batman, and though while I didn't like Joker's design for the show I did like others such as Killer Croc, Clayface, and Catwoman. I did like Catwoman's personalty in the show.

I really liked The Batman as well.

I didn't really mind Catwoman's look on the show, sure the ears could have been smaller, but a lot of their characters were pretty over the top looking (Riddler, Joker, Freeze).

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @The_Tree said:

@War Killer said:

I didn't really mind Catwoman's look on the show, sure the ears could have been smaller, but a lot of their characters were pretty over the top looking (Riddler, Joker, Freeze).

I agree they could have probably be made slightly smaller, but even so I feel the whole "cat" look she was going for still got across. Others on the other hand such as Joker and Riddler were a bit too over the top, Riddler I kinda liked/hated but Joker I really didn't like his design as he walked around like a monkey which bothered me. Freeze's design I thought was great though.
    the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the_tree

@War Killer said:

@The_Tree said:

@War Killer said:

I agree they could have probably be made slightly smaller, but even so I feel the whole "cat" look she was going for still got across. Others on the other hand such as Joker and Riddler were a bit too over the top, Riddler I kinda liked/hated but Joker I really didn't like his design as he walked around like a monkey which bothered me. Freeze's design I thought was great though.

Yeah, Freeze was pretty cool, although unrealistic with the whole glacier head. Minus the whole look and monkey-esque qualities, I really liked the portrayal of the Joker in this series, he really gave me that uneasy and insane feel. I don't know what happened with Riddler though, someone must have been on something with that design. If they were going for Marilyn Manson as the Riddler, then they got it. But I thought the way Riddler acted in the series was pretty well done.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @The_Tree said:

@War Killer said:

@The_Tree said:

@War Killer said:

Yeah, Freeze was pretty cool, although unrealistic with the whole glacier head. Minus the whole look and monkey-esque qualities, I really liked the portrayal of the Joker in this series, he really gave me that uneasy and insane feel. I don't know what happened with Riddler though, someone must have been on something with that design. If they were going for Marilyn Manson as the Riddler, then they got it. But I thought the way Riddler acted in the series was pretty well done.

I thought personalities of the show were great, like Jokers. I just didn't agree with certain designs for characters. Clayface was probably one of my favorite simply because it was a great story of seeing a good guy lose his mind and transform into a villain, and his friendship with Bruce I felt really made you feel the guilt that Bruce had in the show. Wasn't a big fan of Robin in the show though, but I liked Batgirl.
    the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By the_tree

@War Killer said:

@The_Tree said:

@War Killer said:

@The_Tree said:

@War Killer said:

I thought personalities of the show were great, like Jokers. I just didn't agree with certain designs for characters. Clayface was probably one of my favorite simply because it was a great story of seeing a good guy lose his mind and transform into a villain, and his friendship with Bruce I felt really made you feel the guilt that Bruce had in the show. Wasn't a big fan of Robin in the show though, but I liked Batgirl.

Yeah, they really nailed it on the personalities. I loved the story of Clayface on it, hell, I'd even like to see Bennett incorporated into mainsteam continuity. I've yet to see Robin or Batgirl in the show though, I started watching re-runs of the show on Boomerang a couple years ago and they only showed seasons 1-2, and I never bothered to seek out the other episodes.

CptPanda29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By CptPanda29

I f*cking loved that show, as goofy as it got later I still really enjoyed it.

The "Artifacts" episode with the Dark Knight Returns elements was awesome. As for Catwoman she was ok, all the characters were a little different so I was used to that by then...

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

The only thing I didn't like about "The Batman" was Bane. That version of Bane was nonsense.

Jakesully1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jakesully1981

Joker looked like Blanka with that hair style and Riddler looks like Marylin Manson

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#11  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Jakesully1981 said:
    Joker looked like Blanka with that hair style and Riddler looks like Marylin Manson
    The original Riddler look, worked for the time, period but it needed a serious update.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @The_Tree said:

@War Killer said:

@The_Tree said:

@War Killer said:

@The_Tree said:

@War Killer said:

Yeah, they really nailed it on the personalities. I loved the story of Clayface on it, hell, I'd even like to see Bennett incorporated into mainsteam continuity. I've yet to see Robin or Batgirl in the show though, I started watching re-runs of the show on Boomerang a couple years ago and they only showed seasons 1-2, and I never bothered to seek out the other episodes.

I felt the same way, his character was much more interesting that the comic version of Clayface. I also liked Detective Yin. I feel that the show started to go down hill nearing the last seasons, when they started bringing in other heroes like Superman and Green Lantern. I never cared for Robin the show, but I liked Batgirl's portrayal in the series.
    PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PaperDemon

batman was good but jokers design Sucked!

Avatar image for chipsnopotatoes
    chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By chipsnopotatoes

I liked Catwoman in this series better than BTAS. She was much more spunky and fun. Especially that episode where she steals his utility belt and starts playing around with it, not knowing she's wreaking havoc with the batmobile.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.