Follow

Carol Danvers

Character » Carol Danvers appears in 4390 issues.

After encountering the Kree hero Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers was accidentally subjected to otherworldly radiation that transformed her into a superhuman warrior. Calling herself Ms. Marvel, she established herself as one of the most powerful and prominent heroes and respected member of the Avengers. She has now adopted the mantle of Captain Marvel for herself.

Yvonne Strahovski Rumored to be Playing Ms. Marvel

Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Whisper_

There are tons of (completely unfounded) rumors flying rampant on the internet that Yvonne Strahovski (of Chuck fame) will be appearing in The Avengers (possibly in a cameo role) as Ms. Marvel.  

What are your thoughts on this? 

• Do you think it's actually going to happen?
    • Do you think it's good casting?
    • If it does happen, yay or nay?
    • Regardless of if it happens or not, would you like to see her portray Ms. Marvel at some point in time?

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#1  Edited By SC  Moderator

I think it might actually happen... for one, it would be smart too, even if Ms Marvel won't be in the movie (as Ms Marvel) but to help balance the gender disparity. Hint at sequels, and because I mean, Joss Whedon has a rep to maintain.. lol 

I think its one of the better castings.  

Yey if done well.  

I have warmed to the idea considerably after thinking about it. Previously I had thought even smaller as far as actress recognition. This though... cool. 

Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Whisper_
    @SC: I think if anything, they'd put her in as a soldier. Quite possibly just a cameo and not as Ms. Marvel at all. But I think it'd be wicked awesome. 
    Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Aiden Cross

I can see it. She might need to buff up a little =)

Queen's Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Queen's Halo

Yvonne Strahovski is amazing. Had to say it.

Anyway - I hope it happens. Yvonne has the acting skills to pull of Ms. Marvel unique business attitude, as well as any emotional stuff. She has the physical skills to handle fight scenes and she can keep it believable. Plus she's hot and that's never a bad thing.

Obviously it's good casting - I think that Marvel learned with Thor that they don't need a world-famous star to make a good movie. (Thou I haven't seen Thor I have read plenty of reviews.)

This would actually make me go and see the movie. Right now, I'm like "Maybe I'll go for Black Widow. Not sure. Not getting up for a shirtless Chris Hemsworth. Why should I go?"

But all joking aside - I thinks she could pull it off and it would be a good move to have her in the movie and in the role. I defiantly would love to see her in the role.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

She's a perfect choice. As a fan of both Yvonne and Carol, I couldn't think of a better match.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

• Well the fact that it's only a rumor makes it kinda hard to know, personally I would like to see it happen but at this point only time will tell.
    • Yes. Even though I haven't seen her in anything other that Chuck, but even in just that series she's shown that she is able to play a hardcore and series military girl just like Carol is in the comics. She's able to play a strong woman role and I think she would be perfect for Ms. Marvel.
    • Yay, yay, yay, and double yay.
    • Yes, I would. Like I just mentioned, Ms. Marvel is a strong military girl who doesn't take crap from anyone and I believe Strahovski could play that role perfectly fine. Personally I'm not sure if I would want to see her pop up in The Avengers as the movie is already full of enough characters for one film, but even so I would like to see her brought in when a sequel roles around (because you know they will make one), heck I'd even love to see her star in her own movie but like I said, at this point only time will tell. Marvel seems to forget that Ms. Marvel is one of their best female characters and it would be a shame to see such a good character not get the credit she deserves.
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I think it would be a great idea to have a cameo of Carol in the film, hopefully setting her up for a solo film in the future. as to whether or not the actress would be a good choice I dont know I have never seen her in any thing before.

ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By ComicCrazy

I think she would be great as Ms Marvel and I would love to see it. 

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Blood1991

I would love to see her and Mockingbird to both make cameos, I was upset they didn't use her, Widows a Bad B!tch but Ms M creates a power balance since she can at least stand toe to toe with Iron Man.
    fivestarga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By fivestarga

I think this could be really good. I love Ms Marvel, and really like Yvonne from ME2...so yeah, works for me.

Aheld92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Aheld92

I could see this, Ms' Marvel is going to be in Season two of Avengers EMH, and she's been confirmed as a support character for the upcoming Jessica Jones tv show. Putting her in Avengers could be a great setup for her to either be in a sequel og (fingers crossed) a solo movie. Marvel really needs to push a strong female into the spotlight sorta like DC's Wonder Woman and I think Ms. Marvel would be their best bet.

As for Yvonne playing her...... I would wet myself I think she would be near perfect.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By CATPANEXE

I have a feeling at best an easter egg will be a background or one line character named Carol Danvers, but nothing past that, not out of a lack of love or notice of her character, but I think they're going to want to keep as much time to dedicate to the characters they already have in The Avengers film. Somewhat like when Olivia Munn was announced to be in Iron Man 2 > rumored to be in a staring role > " confirmed " to be in a staring role > rumored to be Wasp > " confirmed " to be Wasp > rumored to have role changed > rumored to be Scarlet Witch > " confirmed " to be Scarlet Witch = I heard it online, E!TV, ect < revealed to be a cameo as a character unimportant to the plot. If they planned to have Ms.Marvel in the movie they would have released her with the promotional line-up images for the film, as well they would have given her a previous cameo/mention as they've done for everyone else down to Hawkeye. Otherwise the actress is a great choice, but likewise I wouldn't read any farther into it than Katie Sackoff as Typhoid Mary in Daredevil 2 (much less there being a sequel proper to the first).

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By fodigg

She doesn't match my idea of "Ms Marvel," but it's a good start that she's an actual actress on a show with a following. If she can act, I'd take her over someone who was a dead ringer for Ms. Marvel.

Also, if they do go with Ms. Marvel, I hope they give her a background that doesn't depend on any Captain Marvel. Just say she finds Kree tech that gives her powers. Bam.

KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By KDarkholme

Im 50/50 on it happening

It's good casting. She is a beautiful woman.

50/50 on yay or nay.

I would prefer Ali Larter as Ms Marvel or Charlize Theron.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Static Shock

I'm cool with that, although I do prefer Charlize Theron.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By jrock85

Hell yeah!

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By ReVamp

I like.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I still like this choice, she would make a great Ms. Marvel/Carol Danvers.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By gravitypress

I'm not seeing it. Way to fresh faced.

Amanthine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Amanthine

@KDarkholme said:

Im 50/50 on it happening

It's good casting. She is a beautiful woman.

50/50 on yay or nay.

I would prefer Ali Larter as Ms Marvel or Charlize Theron.

Charlize would be awesome. Yvonne can't pull off Ms Marvel, but she can do Carol Danvers. The latter is probably the case, too... In this pseudo-Ultimate-film-universe.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By TDK_1997

Yvone Strahovski looks like Ms. Marvel and this can actually work pretty well.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CrimsonCake

Compare Miranda from mass effect to Ms.Marvel and make your own predictions.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

<----Still thinks she would be perfect for Carol.

TheCommissar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheCommissar

Not a bad choice. No one else really comes to my immediate mind that could play Ms. Marvel. Although I tend to prefer small-name actors to be casted in films so that they can get their names out. But I suppose casting a larger name does, in theory, mean that the actor/actress has more experience. But not always the case, of course. But as I said, Strahovski wouldn't be a bad choice at all.

sunhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sunhawk

Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica's kara thrace aka starbuck) would be a better choice

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheGodofThunder

@CrimsonCake said:

Compare Miranda from mass effect to Ms.Marvel and make your own predictions.

No! Miranda is not a good representation of Yvonne's beauty.

@TheCommissar: I wouldn't call her a big name actress. I mean she isn't unknown, but not huge by any means. I think that she has the acting chops to make carol come alive on the big screen and just like chris hemsworth, she is definitely deserving of the roll and to get her name out there.

@sunhawk: Much too old and not attractive enough.

sunhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By sunhawk

even though her name is MS. Marvel we need an actress that can play a MRS. Marvel. Yvonne is too girly.

spideygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By spideygirl

I like the rumor of Sarah Michelle Gellar playing Ms. Marvel

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By KainScion

miranda FTW!!!

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By LiquidPrince

I was so totally stoked for this, until I read that it was from 10 months ago. Then I just shattered. Damn. I lover her with a passion and she would be great in that role.

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By RedQueen

@_Whisper_ said:

There are tons of (completely unfounded) rumors flying rampant on the internet that Yvonne Strahovski (of Chuck fame) will be appearing in The Avengers (possibly in a cameo role) as Ms. Marvel.

What are your thoughts on this?
    • Do you think it's actually going to happen?
    • Do you think it's good casting?
    • If it does happen, yay or nay?
    • Regardless of if it happens or not, would you like to see her portray Ms. Marvel at some point in time?

Seeing as the movie has already been released, I can speak (write) with utter certainty. 1st - nope. 2nd- Yes, ever since someone mentioned her on another board I was like Yes! 3rd - Yay. 4th- Yes.

PisciumCroix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PisciumCroix

@RedQueen: I agree w/ur answers on these questions ^_^

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.