Follow

Carol Danvers

Character » Carol Danvers appears in 4379 issues.

After encountering the Kree hero Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers was accidentally subjected to otherworldly radiation that transformed her into a superhuman warrior. Calling herself Ms. Marvel, she established herself as one of the most powerful and prominent heroes and respected member of the Avengers. She has now adopted the mantle of Captain Marvel for herself.

Why do you like -or hate- Ms. Marvel.

• 83 results
    x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By x_29

She is...okay i guess, idk. She just comes off as a b@#$% to me.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By Crimsonlord53

She has a sense of humour after everything that she has gone through she can still see the the lighter side of the super hero world.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By BlackWind

She's thick as hell, unlike many comic women.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By lykopis

@X35 said:

@mervotron said:

I love Ms. Marvel. She is one of my favourite superheroes! She can kick ass even without using her powers! She is a strong and confident person who is one of the best Avengers.

All that.......plus she's like the definition of the word beauty.

Yep. One of the few blondes I like in comics too --- that's how cool she is (oh, and Enchantress because X35 will kick my @ss otherwise...)

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#55  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

She's a strong, independent woman who isn't afraid to stand up for what she believes in. She is someone who, despite being a woman, isn't afraid to stand up to her male superiors and tell them how it is. To me, she is Marvel's Wonder Woman, their greatest superheroine, and their prime example that you can have a female superhero who is popular enough to stand next to Captain America, Iron Man, and Spider-Man and not feel overshadowed. That's why I love Ms. Marvel.

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Imperius_Rex

She threw a school bus full of children into the sun!!! ... I could be wrong. Fact check it.

briangsharon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By briangsharon
    Hate, because this is Ms.Marvel to me
    Hate, because this is Ms.Marvel to me
    RumbleMan_Exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By RumbleMan_Exe

PAWG, even after reboot

Marvel I salute

Trapaceira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Trapaceira

A unica coisa que eu sei da Miss Marvel é que ela levou uma surra de Rogue.

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Catsnlynne

I hate Ms Marvel because she doesn't deserve to me known as Captain Marvel. The one true Captain Marvel is Captain Mar-Vell.

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By DarkDay

@Catsnlynne said:

I hate Ms Marvel because she doesn't deserve to me known as Captain Marvel. The one true Captain Marvel is Captain Mar-Vell.

>_>

This guy would like a word with you...

No Caption Provided

Besides Carol by any other name...honestly. I've liked her much more as Ms. Marvel than Captain Marvel, but she's a great character and always an interesting read.

igilistr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, i originaly wasnt much into her before. However, i all changet with first Civil war. After what she did there, i relay started to HATE Carol Danvers. Damn, why anybody evel like her after that. Like goin full Gestapo on unregs wasnt bad enough, she must beat Arachne in front of her daughter. For me Carol crosed Moral event horizon in CW1 and i dont see any reason for like her. Not if i even had anny, to begin with. Also i have recently discovered that Carol is an alcoholic who regularly falls off the wagon with no care for the consequences. She is an abusive authority figure who gets righteously pissed off whenever someone refuses to follow one of her orders. She does prefer cheap sex with friends whom she can then disregard to serious relationships.

Vendetta0419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look I'm not a fan of Carol Danvers and I will never will be because her personality make me wish Rogue will never let go of her. Yes Carol is one of the strongest female the avenger got, I won't denied her that. However, from my opinion she is a crappy heroine that get off on wanting to be the best because she was told all her life that she cannot do what the boys can do. Look at civil war 2, she is profiling people and having them arrested for something that has not happened yet. Tony Stark (I hate him) was able to discover how that inhuman kid's powers work and provided as evidence , and what she do...she refused to believe it even those she said that she will trust Dr. McCoy to look at the data and find out if it was correct and Dr. McCoy told her it was correct and she still wanted to stay in her way. Arachne wasn't picking a fight with her because she felt it, no she wanted her daughter to believe in what you stand for. Just like when Steve Rogers fought against Iron Man in the first civil war, he knew how the government work and the harm it would brought upon the superheroes community. She sided with Tony so she could delude herself in believing she was doing the right thing by staying by the government best interest for the people. Where was her belief when the government appointed Norman Osborn as the new man in charge???? She quickly turned traitors because she did not trust him (for good reasons) and what he could have bring to the people of America. How come it was okay for her to attack her former comrades under the America government name, but as soon as another man is put in charge and she wasn't getting the spotlight like she was before all of a sudden it a problem. You know what her problem is...she needs to be in control of the situation or feel like she has some control in the matter. You want example, read everything from the Ultimate comics all the way to civil war 2, she basically screamed she wants to be in control by her action alone. You would think that someone like her would knew better not to cause another civil war like Tony and Steve did, but that none of my business.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vendetta419: Blame Kelly Sue Decornnick for her change of character when she wiped out Carol's memories a second time.

Vendetta0419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78 Yes I do blame some writers like Kelly Sue Decornnick along with Michael Brian Bendis and his run with the X-men series. However, that does not change my opinion on her. She was written the way she is now long before Decornnick change of her character, all Decornnick was try to make a story out of wiping Carol's memories a second time. It seems to me that Marvel always try to find a way to make her much more popular and they would to write her in nearly anything that she has no business in, for example Age of Apocalypse battle world where her character was already dead in the AOA storyline, but she was allow to be reborn and against the X-men and helping the bad guys. She did nothing major other than she got in the way most of the time. The rape of Ms. Marvel (1980) by her own future son named Marcus who goes back in time to impregnate her. Oh better yet let remember how she was used back in the 1980 as Binary where she was going to join the X-men until she saw Rogue there and fight broke out. House of M where she working on the side of Magneto and acting like she is the law. Civil War 2 where after everything she has been through in the Ultimate series, she chose to play god with an inhuman power to see possible future events (later explained by Tony Starks that wasn't the case) and not questioning how Ulysses's powers really work, and even when there was evidence backing up on Ulysses's powers causing problems she still continue to delude herself more. Oh the most recent things, Avengers Assemble season three introduced her as a cocky, overbearing, reckless (involving other people) and inconsiderate toward other people. If Marvel is trying to make her look like she is worthy of the Captian Marvel's legacy then wow because that make her the worst female Captain Marvel. It doesn't seem that Marvel is trying to make her image look good in time for her movie, maybe they should recast Carol for Monica Rambeau because Monica was the original female Captain Marvel.

touma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well due to the events that's happening in the civil war 2 ,I hate her.

Vendetta0419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@touma I agree with you there and somehow she is getting a movie. Civil War 2 is basically making her image look bad and by the time the movie come out it will look like people will think negatively of her. Personality I feel like Carol Danvers should not headlight the first solo female super heroine movie for Marvel, that should go to Black Widow but instead they are choosing a gamble on using her. Like the Inhumans, I feel like Marvel is trying force people to like her and they are doing this by heavily marketing her. I don't care for Tony Starks but he makes more sense than Carol in Civil War 2.

touma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vendetta0419: And i agree with you ,

well i think they should have made Black Widow movie ( showing her origin story that first she was bad then she joined Shield thanks to Clint) well personally I don't like her as much as other Avengers but it would have been far better then Ms marvel.

Aesir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never been a Carol Danvers fan. She was tolerable as Binary years ago but that's it. She seems to have a chip on her shoulder most of the time plus she seems to want to keep proving herself worthy of the title. I blame the writers for this. I also have a problem with whom she is willing to take orders from because they hold government positions.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78 Yes I do blame some writers like Kelly Sue Decornnick along with Michael Brian Bendis and his run with the X-men series. However, that does not change my opinion on her. She was written the way she is now long before Decornnick change of her character, all Decornnick was try to make a story out of wiping Carol's memories a second time. It seems to me that Marvel always try to find a way to make her much more popular and they would to write her in nearly anything that she has no business in, for example Age of Apocalypse battle world where her character was already dead in the AOA storyline, but she was allow to be reborn and against the X-men and helping the bad guys. She did nothing major other than she got in the way most of the time. The rape of Ms. Marvel (1980) by her own future son named Marcus who goes back in time to impregnate her. Oh better yet let remember how she was used back in the 1980 as Binary where she was going to join the X-men until she saw Rogue there and fight broke out. House of M where she working on the side of Magneto and acting like she is the law. Civil War 2 where after everything she has been through in the Ultimate series, she chose to play god with an inhuman power to see possible future events (later explained by Tony Starks that wasn't the case) and not questioning how Ulysses's powers really work, and even when there was evidence backing up on Ulysses's powers causing problems she still continue to delude herself more. Oh the most recent things, Avengers Assemble season three introduced her as a cocky, overbearing, reckless (involving other people) and inconsiderate toward other people. If Marvel is trying to make her look like she is worthy of the Captian Marvel's legacy then wow because that make her the worst female Captain Marvel. It doesn't seem that Marvel is trying to make her image look good in time for her movie, maybe they should recast Carol for Monica Rambeau because Monica was the original female Captain Marvel.

I liked Monica Rambeau as Captain Marvel rather than Carol, myself. I always felt that Stephen Wacker made a bad mistake in casting Carol as Captain Marvel instead of Monica. Also, Carol's friendship with Peter Parker had attracted a lot of Spider-Man readers to Kelly Sue's Captain Marvel series. It's too bad that she never took the time to develop Carol's friendship with Peter Parker, along with Jessica Drew as it could have opened the doors towards some interesting story telling, such as Carol and Peter confronting Mystique. Another thing that Kelly Sue failed to do as writer of Avengers Assembled was to create a story that involved Black Widow, Spider-Woman, and Spider-Man working together instead of using Hawkeye and Spider-Girl, which could have attracted the ASM readers to the series. Now they made Carol so unlikable as a butch whose eyeing for Jessica Drew as her love interest...

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I. Hate. Carol. Danvers.

too many reasons.

Kill her off and bring back Mar-Vell and Genis.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I. Hate. Carol. Danvers.

too many reasons.

Kill her off and bring back Mar-Vell and Genis.

It would be cool if Monica was Captain Marvel from the outset instead of Carol.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Carol Danvers because she is over looked a lot of the times her powers are very interesting to me I think. Her character i'm still learning, but she's head strong and won't take crap from nobody.

I don't know I just like characters people would see as weak or the Underdog and wouldn't give the time of day. That's why I like Aquaman and Storm and Carol and Shazam extremely powerful characters, but get overlooked and cast aside.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Carol Danvers because she is over looked a lot of the times her powers are very interesting to me I think. Her character i'm still learning, but she's head strong and won't take crap from nobody.

I don't know I just like characters people would see as weak or the Underdog and wouldn't give the time of day. That's why I like Aquaman and Storm and Carol and Shazam extremely powerful characters, but get overlooked and cast aside.

You should read The Adventures of Captain Britain...

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: No. Brian Braddock is not a government sanctioned super soldier. His series was well written. In addition, you should check out Excalibur in which he was the team leader...

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She needs a better arch-nemesis. I want her to get punched in the face by someone awesome.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She needs a better arch-nemesis. I want her to get punched in the face by someone awesome.

Dr. Minerva......

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: The fact the you don't know who Marvel's Doctor Minerva even is helps my point.

Long story short, she's a blue Ms. Marvel with a God complex. That's it.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: The fact the you don't know who Marvel's Doctor Minerva even is helps my point.

Long story short, she's a blue Ms. Marvel with a God complex. That's it.

Sometimes I think that Dr. Minera is Sajani Jaffrey

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7f2fa82769d
    deactivated-5c7f2fa82769d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see Carol Danvers as the "come-up" character of Marvel. My favorite Marvel superhero.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.