Follow

Carol Danvers

Character » Carol Danvers appears in 4389 issues.

After encountering the Kree hero Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers was accidentally subjected to otherworldly radiation that transformed her into a superhuman warrior. Calling herself Ms. Marvel, she established herself as one of the most powerful and prominent heroes and respected member of the Avengers. She has now adopted the mantle of Captain Marvel for herself.

Ms Marvel compared to Thor

Avatar image for hoarderofhilarity
    Hoarderofhilarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hoarderofhilarity

How powerful is Ms Marvel I have only ever seen her in a few secret invasion capters and some early x-men stories so an evaluation of her CURRENT power level would be appreciated and since she looks like a powerhouse in the avengers how does she measure up compared to the mighty Thor!

davelecave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By davelecave

"Recent tests by Avengers scientist Hank Pym have shown that Ms. Marvel's base strength level is still increasing. Even when not augmented by any additional energy, Carol can now lift 92 tons and strike with a similar level of force, and Pym has theorized that this is likely not her limit."

fps_dean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By fps_dean

Thor is still more powerful, but Ms Marvel is one of the most powerful heroes.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By PowerHerc

Ms. Marvel isn't even half as powerful as Thor.
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By DH69
    @davelecave said:
    "Recent tests by Avengers scientist Hank Pym have shown that Ms. Marvel's base strength level is still increasing. Even when not augmented by any additional energy, Carol can now lift 92 tons and strike with a similar level of force, and Pym has theorized that this is likely not her limit."

out of curiosity, what issue/series was this in?
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

She is a powerhouse in her own right, but not on the levels of Thor, but I do believe she is one of the biggest female powerhouses at the moment.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @DH69 said:
    @davelecave said:
    out of curiosity, what issue/series was this in?
    Those "tests" aren't recent.That statement is from CV's wiki which was taken from the wikipedia which wikipedia claims it got from an issue in Avengers v3 when Ms.Marvel wasn't even class 75 yet.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PrinceIMC

As far as power level I've always kinda seen Ms. Marvel as Iron Man level in strength and energy output. She just does it without technology.

Hoarderofhilarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hoarderofhilarity

Thanks for th info the more I hear a bout her the more interesting she sounds I was looking through another thread and It said she used to be an alcoholic is this true? Can she still turn into binary? and would you say she would be a match for she hulk?
    TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    @War Killer said:
    She is a powerhouse in her own right, but not on the levels of Thor, but I do believe she is one of the biggest female powerhouses at the moment.
    I agree with this.
    UltraHeroix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By UltraHeroix
    @Hoarderofhilarity: I would say she would  be a match for She Hulk, even a slight advantage due to the variety of powers w/flight, energy projection and super strength (simialr strength level).
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @Hoarderofhilarity said:
    Thanks for th info the more I hear a bout her the more interesting she sounds I was looking through another thread and It said she used to be an alcoholic is this true? Can she still turn into binary? and would you say she would be a match for she hulk?
    She was an alcoholic at the beginning of Avengers vol 3 when she was going by Warbird after losing her Binary powers. She can sort of turn into Binary but only temporarily if she's able to absorb enough energy. As for being a match for She-Hulk I'd say yes because of her training and all her powers, in terms of pure strength I'd say She-Hulk is physically stronger than Carol.
    Hoarderofhilarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see a battle between those twothey really are some real hard hitters. It is to my understanding that she dated wonderman is this true and how would a lovers tiff between them two play out?

Much appreciated for the info alas I go off to hunt trolls on the battles board yonder.

Jetshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jetshade

Ms. Marvel is no match for Thor, but few are. She's still one of Marvel's most powerful female heroes.

Though you wouldn't know it from the current New Avengers title. Apparently Bendis has decided that Ms. Marvel's story arc will be nothing more than her getting her butt kicked in every issue. He is really ticking me off. >:(

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By PowerHerc

I love 'em both, but:

Ms. Marvel <<<<<<<<<<<<<Thor.

There is no comparison.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16  Edited By lorex

She is extremely powerful and I think in a fight she could push Thor to use his higher level powers at which point he would prevail.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By RainEffect

Ms. Marvel is definitely one of the most powerful superheroes around; that is a simple fact. She absorbs all forms of energy, she can withstand extreme levels of punishment and (as previous posters have stated) has offensive powers that would put most of the other Avengers to shame.

As far as being compared to Thor is concerned, in her basic form, she would probably not have enough to take him down. Her photon blasts are varying in strength, but her normal blasts are actually quite weak. M.O.D.O.K shrugged it off as if it was a fly. However, if she absorbs too much energy (to the point where she can't control it, see Ms. Marvel: Dark Reign) it's devastatingly powerful. When Carol goes into Binary mode, however, she's often compared to Phoenix. It sort of is her own form of Phoenix and, going off Reed's run of Ms. Marvel, she has the power to destroy entire planets (destroyed the Brood homeworld and almost exterminated their race). 

In summary:
    Ms. Marvel vs Thor - Thor wins
    Binary Ms. Marvel vs Thor - Ms. Marvel wins

Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Aqua11500
    @RainEffect: Nothing like Phoenix,not even in Binary. 

Though she can slug it out with him.
    iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By iaconpoint

She at least has a cuter booty than Thor, at least from (most) guy's perspective. But power wise, not even close. But she's in a very large class there. 

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cattlebattle

Marvel Database has her down as potential class 100, I guess the more energy she absorbs, the more powerful she becomes

I would like to see her become an uber powerful character, in league with Thor

DrHon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DrHon

this ones actually kinda difficult, i mean ms marvel has a ridiculous array of powers and we've seen her use it when defending manhattan from the skrull and almost driving them to extinction, shes also got a kewl killer/ sadistic side where she can take skrull hulks to space and watch them suffocate to death, as well as healing abilities that can put wolverines' to shame (according to dr mccoy)and this is all without us even talking about binary mode...however we still are talking about THOR!!! i mean this guy was designed to be the ultimate marvel dude and i think hes proved it... the only way i can really see ms marvel getting on top of thor (pun intended) is if he decides to be a charmer and not hit a girl (but im sure hes in for one hell of an ass whopping if he decided to do that ;) otherwise im guessing Thor would win but he'll definately need to work a sweat for it

lightfright12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lightfright12

@Hoarderofhilarity: Thor, because Thor is a god, while Carol is an augmented human.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#23  Edited By SC  Moderator

Since both are fictional characters, there could never be one truly single, constant, absolute answer with comparison, but for all intents and purposes as far as creative and demonstrative consistency there would be a gulf in power when comparing the character of Ms Marvel to the character of Thor. Not intended to be an accurate comparison in comparison but it might be akin to comparing Starfire to Superman. Ms Marvel and Starfire are pretty powerful, and their power levels can fluctuate and there is no reason to think that they could be written to be more powerful, at a writers/Marvel's discretion, but all that aside, Thor similarly to, but not quite to Superman, since his inception has always been considered at the top of his game relative to other characters power wise respectively, arguably as well, not only with fans, but even writers (although writers tend to be more polite and reasoned about these things, and also more reserved)  

I always thought the mythological angle of Thor's belt and gauntlets being in Marvel were sort of silly, since without them he was already too powerful for cross overs but I always thought it could be cool if say he decided to give them to Ms Marvel to use at her discretion. Make her like almost Thor/Surfer/Sentry/Hulk/Hercules class (general, broad class) Marvel needs more ridiculously powered females, its just more fun.  

Hoarderofhilarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you for the responses and I would just like to add that I knew Thor was more powerful than Ms Marvel I simply used him as a benchmark.

So says The Hoarder.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By chiq

Her binary mode should be up there. I definitely see her in that hulk/herc/thor class individuals. not sure if she can still reach those levels though....

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Normal Ms. marvel is powerful, but no even near to Thor. Binary could put good fight, but still not even close.

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Normal Ms. marvel is powerful, but no even near to Thor. Binary could put good fight, but still not even close.

Binary is close above Thor in energy powers,both characters are supposed to be planet busters,but the truth is they are n0t consistently written in that level,so they are actually closer in power than some people think.

Avatar image for lance2legit2quit
    Lance2legit2quit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linkjt said:

@glarinetta said:

Binary is close above Thor in energy powers,both characters are supposed to be planet busters,but the truth is they are n0t consistently written in that level,so they are actually closer in power than some people think.

Thanos almost killed Binary with a casual punch to the skull. She defiantly ain't close to Thor.

Avatar image for aquamanisthebest
    AquamanIsTheBest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@lance2legit2quit:

Which just proves what he said about the writing not being consistent. So idk why you think this point matters in countering that.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nate-Grey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Marvel is, at baseline, probably about as powerful or a bit more powerful than Iron Man. Back in her Ms Marvel days, she once drop-kicked him through commercial jet. However, she has also shown the ability to overpower the Absorbing Man (and outwit him, though that isn't exactly difficult), suggesting that she's even stronger than that. The wild card factor is her energy absorption, which can jack her up to Binary levels, putting her solidly in Herald Class, capable of standing up (briefly) to the Phoenix Force and roughly on par with Thor. So at baseline, no. Potentially, yes.

Adyatys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Adyatys

In stan lee's own words, he wanted to create someone stronger than the Hulk, but there is nobody stronger than the Hulk. The only being stronger than the Hulk is a god thus creating thor and the Hulk is strongest there is. That is until thanos was created, he's also a god. So binary is no match.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
    The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mcu fans what do you think?

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
    The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321: do mcu fans think carol is more powerful or equal to thor.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She doesn't compare much to Thor at the moment but might soon due to some MCU synergy.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd: Hope they don't make her powerful.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sinse Rogue has carols powers Rogue should be increasing in strenth as well right.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.