Follow

Carol Danvers

Character » Carol Danvers appears in 4380 issues.

After encountering the Kree hero Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers was accidentally subjected to otherworldly radiation that transformed her into a superhuman warrior. Calling herself Ms. Marvel, she established herself as one of the most powerful and prominent heroes and respected member of the Avengers. She has now adopted the mantle of Captain Marvel for herself.

Carol appearing in new Avengers animated movie(Updt)

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By animehunter

From Newsarama

BLACK WIDOW & PUNISHER Get Animated Feature Film From Marvel, Madhouse

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/121/842/original/black-widow-punisher-movie.jpg?1390325541

Marvel's Avengers lineup continues to expand, but this time in animation. With the new film, created with their anime partners Madhouse, Marvel is shining the spotlight on two of their street level heroes with a dirty way of handling their business.

Marvel's Avengers Confidential: Black Widow and Punisher focuses on the two characters teaming up after Punisher is taken into custody by S.H.I.E.L.D. They're up against a new terrorist organization called "Leviathan" that has been stealing S.H.I.E.L.D. tech.

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/121/843/original/avengers-with-captain-marvel.jpg?1390325617

Interesting to note is the rest of the Avengers shown in the initial trailer. It's very familiar looking to film fans, with Iron Man, Thor, War Machine, Hulk, and Hawkeye all featured alongside Black Widow (not to mention Nick Fury and Maria Hill). Then there's Carol Danvers, Captain Marvel, in her fully updated look. Could it be a hint to Carol making her big-screen live-action debut sooner rather than later, as has been wildly speculated?

Marvel's Avengers Confidential: Black Widow and Punisher hits Blu-ray, DVD, and digital March 25, 2014. Check out more information and the trailer at Entertainment Weekly.

UPDATE

Whether it's an adaptation of a comic book story like "Wolverine Vs. Sabretooth" or all-new adventures like the "Iron Man and Hulk: Heroes United" animated film, Marvel Animation always has some kind of project on the burner for fans. On March 25, the studio plans to release the Madhouse-produced "Marvel's Avengers Confidential: Punisher & Black Widow," featuring the two titular characters on a S.H.I.E.L.D. mission to stop Leviathan, a global terrorist organization. A new trailer for the direct-to-DVD/Blu-ray film has released online, giving a better look at appearances from Nick Fury, Maria Hill and the Avengers themselves.

Starring Jennifer Carpenter as Black Widow and Brian Bloom as the Punisher, "Marvel's Avengers Confidential: Black Widow & Punisher" debuts on DVD/Blu-ray March 25.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I like that Carol is being include with the more mainstream(movie) Avengers, and it could be a good way for non comic readers to get to know her better.

The suit is a little odd though. Shorter gloves, longer boots and sash, and a domino mask? It doesn't look too bad, but I don't get why they'd change it.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Added Trailer

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.