Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11752 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Winter Soldier News Thread

• 98 results
    Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Veshark

Just thought I'd post all the news about Winter Soldier from SDCC, for those who aren't there like me (or those too lazy to search online).

Here's an excerpt of what went down in the Marvel panel.

Feige immediately said, "The next one is Captain America: The Winter Soldier," and brings out the directors, then Frank Grillo, he introduced Emily Van Camp as "Agent 13 aka Sharon Carter!" Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill, Anthony Mackie as The Falcon, Sebastian Stan "used to go by the name Bucky Barnes, now Winter Soldier," Samuel L Jackson, Scarlet Johansson as Natasha Romanoff, and Chris Evans, Captain America are all on the stage.

Evans says it's better every time he puts on the suit. Cap isn't used to the new morality of the world, "It's harder to know what's right and wrong. Sometimes the actions you have to take certain threats compromise our civil liberties and privacy, and that's hard for Steve to swallow."

How integral is Natasha to the story? Johansson: "Integral." Feige: "She and Cap really share this film." Johansson, "She and Cap now have this relationship that they've built. It's an opportunity to see how she is in a more casual working relationship with somebody. It breaks down the barriers that she's put up. You learn more about her each time." She promises the "film is gritty, down, dirty knuckle fighting. A lot of action in this one."

How does it feel every time the eyepatch goes on, Sam? "Pretty bad ass!" Jackson says that Fury thinks of these people as "instruments of justice. Tools. But people that he cares about. He and Steve have a way of talking because they're both warriors. But he also knows Steve has a black-and-white view of the enemy and the good guys. he doesn't know how that changed. That's the grey area that S.H.I.E.L.D. works in. Almost everything that comes out of his mouth is a lie, and sometimes he has to figure out when he's lying to himself."

Sebastian Stan is thrilled to bring this story to the screen, and Feige said that it follows Brubaker's story "pretty close when it comes to Bucky's story."

Mackie, on the Falcon says, "I'm introducing Sam Wilson. I have wings and guns! That's all you need! That's what I got! So me and Cap go out and give him the business, her the business, that's what we do. Hand out the business."

Feige of the directors, the Russos says "we've always been rewarded by hiring really talented people. Let's show you why we hired them."

Joe and Anthony Russo talking about their film next, Joe says "it stems from 70s style political thrillers. We keep saying this is the best job we've ever had. I've read comics since I was 10 and presenting footage at Hall H is a dream come true."

Smulders says Maria Hill's part is "to basically find her way in this new world we find ourselves in."

Van Camp said, "It's been awesome and a little bit intimidating" to join this cast. "It's an awesome experience. We can't say too much."

Frank Grillo as Brock said, "It's a lot of fun and that's as much as I can say I guess!"

Huge round of applause for Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and this cast leaves the stage.

And here's an AWESOME description of the clip shown at the panel:

And it's clip time.

It starts with the Triskelion. Cap's in his Super Soldier costume and looks awesome. He's going down an elevator with some guys with guns who have their hands on the holster. He notices, and is worried. One starts to sweat - something is up. Three huge guys get on the elevator. Cap feels like he's being set up (and is probably right). "Before we get started, does anyone wanna get out?" They all attack him, and he systematically DESTROYS them. Insane applause at the end, and he flips his shield into his hand. "I joined SHIELD to protect people," he says to Robert Redford's character. "Captain, to build a better world sometimes means tearing the old one down." Quick shots of supporting castmembers. A new helicarrier. In fact, many of them. "This isn't freedom, this is fear."

Black Widow kicking ass. Agent 13, too. Falcon dropping from the helicarrier and extending his wings. A helicarrier going down, and the logo - crowd goes wild. Shield is down in the ground, and Bucky's metal arm picks it up. And scene.

And here we have a brief interview with Crossbones, Agent 13, and Falcon. Seems like Crossbones won't be a straight bad guy, and he might not have a costume. More references to the movie being very 70s thriller:

After being pressed about playing Sharon Carter, which she "can't confirm," Emily VanCamp says,

"When we meet her, Kate (?), she is Captain America's neighbor and they're sort of hitting it off a little bit. That's really the extent of what I can say. What happens next, you'll just have to go see the movie."

On duo directors Anthony & Joe Russo, Emily says,

"When I met with them, [they] talked about incorporating an element of a 70s thriller-style. I thought that was really interesting, grounded and rooted in a reality that you could actually envision these things happening right now. Which I think makes it that much more interesting to watch because you're sort of participating with it rather just watching something heighten. I thought that was really appealing,"

Emily concludes. Regarding "Kate," it could likely be another code name.

"People out there have assumed a lot of stuff before they've seen anything [from the movie],"

says Frank Grillo when asked if we'll see Brock Rumlow become Crossbones in the sequel.

"There's an origin, or arc, to the character that might not take place now. It might go on. The whole mask and costume thing, it's absurd."

On the Russo brothers, Frank Grillo says,

"They brought an authenticity and the 70s film comparisons really good and they wanted to make it as real as possible. There's nothing outlandish or illogical about anything that anyone did. I think it all kind of made sense... even the stuff with [superhero action]."

"What we've done with the Falcon in the movie is build a relationship with Captain just like it is in the comic books,"

says Anthony Mackie.

"If you look at it, their relationship is sort of more comrades and buddies than it is Batman and Robin, or working partners. So, it's just more of me giving Rumlow a good ass-whooping every now and then,"

laughs Mackie.

"Rumlow does not get his ass whooped,"

Grillo jokingly fires back. He continues,

"It doesn't roll like that... Rumlow's not a bad guy. Here's the other thing, people think conceptually about bad and good. I think this movie moves away from that; it's more two ideologies. It's less bad guy and good guy, which makes this movie different than a lot of the other superhero movies."

Dubbing the

Captain America

sequel

"The Avengers 1.5 meets Jason Bourne,"

Anthony Mackie adds that,

"Chris [Evans] was really able to really hone in and give an amazing performance (still) as Captain America, having done so many scenes with him. [He has] grounded him in this reality that we all live in today and not so much play him as a character of himself; not like 'oh I've never heard of the internet',"

Mackie says in a stocky superhero voice.

"[Chris] really made [Cap] an actual guy that you can relate to."

Concerning the Russo brothers' realistic approach, Anthony says,

"I think the action sequences are amazing. I feel like even though [the Russos] are known for comedy, they were able to bring a lightness and... there's so much action in the movie, because it is a superhero movie, they were able to give those moments to take a breath and get story before you go back into it. They're very good with story, character development, and good with giving you exposition without knowing you're getting exposition. And I feel like that's really difficult in these type of movies."

What do you think?

Finally, here are some shots of the new costume on display:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

And a shot of the Harley his stunt double was shown riding:

No Caption Provided

More updates soon as I find them!

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Man, let me know if you find a leaked trailer somewhere. I really want to watch it. Hall H was way too hard for me to get into, couldn't even get a autograph signing.

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

WHAT THE F!!??!!?? WHY ISN'T THE SHEILD RED WHITE AND BLUE!!??!!

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Veshark

@slimj87d said:

Man, let me know if you find a leaked trailer somewhere. I really want to watch it. Hall H was way too hard for me to get into, couldn't even get a autograph signing.

Damn, you're actually at the con? Sweet. Feel free to post any info I might've missed out on. And yeah, I've been scrounging for a camera leak, but no dice so far.

WHAT THE F!!??!!?? WHY ISN'T THE SHEILD RED WHITE AND BLUE!!??!!

I think he'll be recoloring it when he wears his 'stealth Super-soldier' costume.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

This is cool.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Really want to see a Bucky/Natasha relationship eventually.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_ said:

Really want to see a Bucky/Natasha relationship eventually.

Mm, co-signed. Though there was a behind-the-scenes shot of Steve and Natasha kissing, but I suspect it was more of a 'let's kiss to avoid the goons chasing after us' scene as opposed to a legitimate one.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing says 'stealth' like robin's egg blue.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More updates in for those that missed them, courtesy of CBM:

Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson speak about the relationship between Cap and Widow. Johansson refers to it as an 'intimate friendship'....interesting....

But the actress who plays Natasha Romanoff has now dropped some hints about how things develop between her and the titular character as a result.

"Their working relationship becomes a more intimate friendship. They have some unexpected similarities – they both have their guard up, they have trust issues, and they've also both been working for 'the man' for their entire career. Through this unexpected friendship that forms, they both start to question what they want."

So, it definitely sounds as if her faith in S.H.I.E.L.D. will be tested at some point; hardly a surprise considering what we've learned from the various set photos and plot details which have found their way online. However, the fact that Black Widow and Captain America become close may not please fans hoping to see the super soldier hook up with Agent 13!

Chris Evans was also asked about Steve Rogers' budding relationship with Natasha, and added:

"The relationship with Black Widow is interesting because she's somebody who has always had the ability to compromise her morals, and see things in black and white."

"The first Captain America film is about being given the opportunity to serve. This movie's more about what happens once you're given the opportunity to serve, the ability to give yourself up to that, and the question becomes 'What's right?' In the '40s, it's easy to say 'Nazis are bad'. Today it's a little bit harder to know, who am I serving?" It's not about just doing the right thing, now it's about 'what is the right thing?'"

Here's a small snippet of Cobie Smulders talking about the movie too:

"SHIELD has a very strong presence in this film, and it's very cool to see it like that," she says. "This movie takes place after the Battle of New York, and SHIELD is trying to figure out how to control the public and how to like make sure people are safe but everyone is aware that these aliens exist and what does that mean and do people feel safe? We sort of pick up there, but I can't really say anything. Cap is very heavily involved in SHIELD, and the relationship between him and SHIELD is very strong."

And here we have an interview with the Russo brothers (the directors). They talk about how the stealth outfit is thematic (and hints of other outfits!), and that his new fighting style will 'shock' viewers, saying that Cap has mastered every style since his revival.

“So, it’s out there, but for us, it was, it’s thematic for the film, you know,”

says Joe Russo.

“You’ll see when you see the movie what he’s doing and who he’s working for in the beginning of the film, that costume is appropriate for what they’re asking him to do. It is a stealth outfit. It is for secret missions and I think that, you know, it’s thematic. You know, you read online, people get rankled when you, you know, mess with the stars and the stripes, but there’s a very specific reason we did it in this film. We won’t talk about the other outfits that appear in the movie, which you’ll see in the movie, but again, I’ll just say, that the use of the costume in this film has a very thematic arc to it and hopefully a very arousing arc.”

Cap's new advanced fighting style also factored into the costume's design, says Anthony Russo.

“It’s very much grounded in real military sort of functionality and purpose. He kicks a lot of ass in this film.”

Dotting more on Cap's combat skills, Joe Russo reveals,

“Cap is a very sharp individual and part of the serum accelerates his learning ability and if he’s going to be working for who he’s working for at the beginning of the movie, then we felt that he would be the absolute best at every style of fighting that he could be and that he would train himself to be the best to fit into a modern society.”

Noting that it made sense in the first film that Cap had a sort of John Sullivan approach to fighting, Joe continues,

“Now, he’s trained. He’s trained exhaustively among some of the best people in the world. So, you see all sorts of movement out of him and we did a lot of intensive research with our stunt team, a lot of pre-fight videos and things that we’re really experimenting with how he would move in this movie, how he would fight. I think people will be really shocked when they see his style of fighting.”

Further along in the interview, the Russo brothers were asked about Cap's WWII allies, the Howling Commandos, appearing in the sequel. While playing coy about the possibilities, the duo directors did confirm their costumes will appear as a Smithsonian exhibit in the film.

Joe Russo also speaks about the connection between Winter Soldier and the first Avengers, and hints that the end of Winter Soldier will be the 'biggest bridge of all the Phase 2 movies' and that it will tie-in to Avengers 2.

"There's a very strong connection in the narrative between the events of the end of "Avengers" that drive this film -- and there's a very strong hand off to "Avengers 2" at the end of this movie. And Kevin Feige's whole thing is that this is the biggest bridge of all of Phase 2 movies; it really is. It does involve the most amount of Avengers of any of the films in Phase 2, and it has sort of a, you know, there's a very big shift in the universe at the end of this movie."

And, just for fun, here we have some cool pictures of the new Winter Soldier figures from Hasbro:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

And finally, a picture of Anthony Mackie with Evans, as well as a hilarious sitcom-style shot of the cast's main members:

No Caption Provided
    Samuel L. Jackson (Fury), Sebastian Stan (Bucky), Emily VanCamp (Agent 13), Chris Evans, Frank Grillo (Crossbones), and Anthony Mackie
    Samuel L. Jackson (Fury), Sebastian Stan (Bucky), Emily VanCamp (Agent 13), Chris Evans, Frank Grillo (Crossbones), and Anthony Mackie

That's all for now, folks.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Crossbones isn't any more absurd than Captain America, all he has to do is put on a Balaklava with a skull painted on it

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crossbones isn't any more absurd than Captain America, all he has to do is put on a Balaklava with a skull painted on it

Not sure what he meant by 'absurd', but it seems he'll just be Brock Rumlow here, not Crossbones yet. Which is a shame really, because Bones is an awesome villain. And plus like you said, his look is not very comic-booky. He's dressed like a mercenary but with a mask...

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

The whole mask and costume thing, it's absurd

I don't like Grillo just for saying that. I mean so a guy wearing a red white and blue costume is fine, a guy with a metal arm totally normal, a guy with wings that can fly ans talk to birds is cool, a guy with a skull for a face... a Red Skull on top of that is totally believable. However, a guy hearing a military suit with a Skull like mask... absurd.

I know I'm being a fanboy or whatever but statements like that are just annoying for me. People complain about fictional movies not being realistic is irritating for me. They want to focus on one thing and forget the rest of the unrealistic things... I'm so done with this guy.

( + )

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole mask and costume thing, it's absurd

I don't like Grillo just for saying that. I mean so a guy wearing a red white and blue costume is fine, a guy with a metal arm totally normal, a guy with wings that can fly ans talk to birds is cool, a guy with a skull for a face... a Red Skull on top of that is totally believable. However, a guy hearing a military suit with a Skull like mask... absurd.

I know I'm being a fanboy or whatever but statements like that are just annoying for me. People complain about fictional movies not being realistic is irritating for me. They want to focus on one thing and forget the rest of the unrealistic things... I'm so done with this guy.

( + )

I was a little miffed initially, but I think one has to keep in mind that this interview was kinda in the moment. Like they weren't all seated on-panel, it was just like a red carpet impromptu interview type thing. So perhaps the comment just kinda came out, and it wasn't an ideal choice of wording on his part. I don't think it's necessarily a reflection on Grillo's opinion of the character, but that's just me.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By tg1982

It sounds like Cap and Widow are going to get together.

Or they might get feelings for each other, then nothing really happens because she either knows who the Winter Soldier is or something.

I am really excited to hear about Cap's fighting style! You kind of get a glimpse of it in Avengers when he starts throwing a few kicks in there, and now it seems that it's fully realized and I can't wait to see it.

I hope Sharon Carter has a good role in it.

I don't think Grillo meant his comment in a bad way, actually. I think he meant it like how people say ridiculous, like when an athlete makes a awesome play. Basically I think he meant it "absurd" as in an over the top, crazy way, not as a negative statement, but I could be wrong.

Final thought: I am really looking forward to seeing Captain America: Winter Soldier!

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am looking forward to this!

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@veshark: You're right but I'm sensitive... yes I'm fragile. ( + )

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tg1982 I hope not, I much prefer the Buck-Natasha relationship. I'm really psyched for Falcon, too! Anthony Mackie sounds like he really had fun with this movie, the man comes across as really enthusiastic.

@yung_ancient_one Hah it's all good, I was a little annoyed at first too.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Veshark

Interview with Sebastian Stan, quite interesting:

The Winter Soldier is giving Thor a run for his money for the most fabulous Marvel hair on the set of Captain America: The Winter Soldier. But how did they decide that a character breakdown equals long hair? Actor Sebastian Stan, who plays both Bucky Barnes and Captain America's new foe, shares with us the evolution of his lovely locks. And yeah, there's an actual story reason they're so lovely and long.

io9: So Bucky is like Captain America. They're both from another time, they're both lost in this new world. How does Bucky deal with that in this new movie?

Sebastian Stan: He doesn't deal with it. [Laughs]. He just doesn't deal with it.

I'm curious about the evolution of the hair.

Oh yes! Please ask me, because I'm sure people have opinions.

We've been drawing pictures of long hair on you for quite some time on io9. We didn't know how it would look! How did you guys come to this conclusion of this hairstyle? Was it totally out of your hands?

You know what the funny thing is, we had the artist - Ed Brubaker — on set. I remember I was talking to him and I asked "why the long hair?" And he said, "the thing is we have long hair when you're drawing comic books, [because it] things look more epic." This was so funny to me because he was basically also explaining why superheroes have capes. The reason they have capes is because you can tell in a comic book that they're flying. Or that there's wind. So I said, "alright, so you're telling me he has long hair because you wanted it for stylistic purposes." It makes sense!

In the storyline basically Bucky sort of snapped a little bit. He went on a mission and he went missing for about a month, or so, in New York and they [the Russians] couldn't find him. So he kind of walked around like a homeless person for a while. He was trying to figure out what he was doing and where he was. And during that process there was no one there giving him a haircut.

But in terms of the movie, I don't care. You can't approach something with "oh my god, how am I going to look with long hair," you just do. I'm playing this part, this guy's got long hair, I gotta have long hair. What are you gonna do. ?

Well I like it. I think it works. So what is modern-day Bucky (or Winter Soldier's) fighting-style? He was trained to fight in World War II and then picked up by the Russians. Is there a combination of Russian kickboxing or something?

It's actually kind of scrappy. The idea was this is the kind of guy who can kill you with a straw. He's precise, he's very specific with what he does. But the idea is that it's messy. He'll use knives… knives were always a big part of the character. There is a lot of knife work in the movie for sure. And overall brutality. He'll kill you with whatever is closest.

Bucky was very cool in the first movie, and he had personality and a bit of pep. How do you play damaged and crazed while maintaining the bits of Bucky we remember from the first film? Or do you just drop all of that?

No, no, you can't [drop that]. In the first movie, without knowing they were going to shoot this movie ,honestly, I thought about this happening. I wanted to show different sides of him where you could potentially look back and see sides of him. "I can see that person coming up this way, if he's being guided." Yes, it was technically a different person, but it's still the same guy. There's got to be something about him you recognize.

Looking even farther into the future, do you think Bucky could eventually take over for Captain America like he does in the comics?

I don't know. It's another storyline that's great, but there are many story lines. I unfortunately have no clue.

The complete interview with Evans, VanCamp, Mackie, the Russo brothers, and Samuel L. Jackson

Even if Warner Brothers' Comic-Con announcement that the sequel to "Man of Steel" would be a Superman/ Batman crossover film stole the thunder of just about every other Hall H presentation on Saturday, Marvel Studios' late-afternoon panel offered fans some incredible content, including a first look at "Captain America: The Winter Soldier." Directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, the film picks up where the original "Captain America" and Joss Whedon's "The Avengers" left off, as the red, white and blue hero adjusts to life in the 21st Century -- and all of the moral ambiguity that accompanies it.

Following the Hall H panel, the Russos, along with cast members Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Samuel L. Jackson, Anthony Mackie, Emily Van Camp and Cobie Smulders, gathered at the nearby Hilton Bayfront to talk to a virtual army of press to discuss their work on the upcoming sequel. Comic Book Resources was on hand to talk to the stars and download all the info on the upcoming Marvel Studios sequel.

CBR News: How does this "Captain America" film set itself apart from the first film, especially after the events of "The Avengers" leading into it?

The cast of "Captain America: The Winter Solider" spoke with the press about the upcoming sequel at Comic-Con

Samuel L. Jackson: That's on the talking points list of things we can't tell you.

Joe Russo: The movie is very different in tone from the first film. The first film was a wonderful love letter to the origin of the Captain of the time period. Cap is now in the modern world. The movie is a political thriller. In order to be germane to that tone, we wanted the movie to be as modern and as edgy and as aggressive as it could be 'cause you can't have thrills in a thriller unless the characters have real stakes and real jeopardy. Cap gets put through a lot in this film. It's action-heavy. It's a very intense movie.

How do Captain America and Black Widow work together, in this film?

Scarlett Johansson: This film is in real time, so it's been two years and we're both agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. We're fighting on the ground. It's not like we have these superpowers that we use, and fly around. We have a short-hand between us. We fight in a similar style. It's very much a working relationship. Through a series of unfortunate events, they find themselves in a situation where their working relationship becomes a more intimate friendship. They have some unexpected similarities between them. They have their guard up and they have their trust issues. They also have both been working for "the man" for their entire professional careers. Through this unexpected friendship that forms, they're starting to question what they want, and they start to question their own identity. It's a complex relationship that forms between them. Chris and I have known each other for 10 years. It's our fourth movie together.

Chris Evans: We go way back.

Chris, Captain America is really the only remaining wholesome, all-American superhero. What's it like to portray such a classic American hero?

Evans: To be candid, the hurdle with Captain America is that his nature is to put himself last. His nature is to take everyone else's conflict and put it on his back. As a result, it makes it difficult to find an interesting film. Most complex characters have flaws, and Cap is a Boy Scout. The first "Captain America" film was about giving him the opportunity to serve and be a soldier. In "The Avengers," you had so many other characters and all of these establishments of relationships, so you can't dive too deeply into any individual character. This movie is about showing Cap now. Given the opportunity to serve and given the ability to give of himself, the question now becomes, "What's right?" I think he's so determined to be good and to do what's right, the conflict with modern society, as opposed to the '40s is, "What is right?" In the '40s, it was very easy to say, "Nazis are bad." We can all agree on that. Today, it's a little bit harder to know "Who am I serving?" with modern technology and access. Where is the line? What are we willing to compromise, in terms of civil liberties, to ensure security?

That's where it gets blurry for Cap. What's the right thing to do? It makes an interesting conflict for him because it's not about just doing the right thing. It's about, "What is the right thing?" I think we actually get to explore Cap struggling a little bit. It's not black and white, it's grey. That's where his relationship with Black Widow comes to fruition. The relationship with Black Widow is interesting because she's someone who's always had the ability to compromise her morals, and Cap is black and white. As a result, something happens.

Jackson: He's got a potential whistle-blowing future.

Evans: Sam, take it easy! Something happens and, as a result, these two people from different worlds need to rely on one another. So, you have two people who, on the surface, may seem very different, find a lot of common ground and learn quite a bit from one another.

How is Cap doing now, with modern technology and today's trends?

Evans: I think you'd get a little tired if every joke was, "What's the internet?" He gets it. The problem is that he doesn't sling jokes. He's not sarcastic. So, it's hard to find the humor unless the humor is self-deprecating, but you can't keep playing that one note of, "I don't get it. What's going on in this modern world?" I think we're past that. He's up to speed. He knows how things work. He has a cell phone. We're not just hitting that one note. We're trying to find humor in other places, thanks to [Anthony] Mackie, in large part. He's really good. He's a funny guy.

Emily, what was it like to join this world?

Emily Van Camp: I can't say too much about the character. I think people have a certain idea about what I'm meant to be playing, but I think they'll be surprised about how we introduce this character. Compared to other things that I've done, everything has been a little bit different to this. It was certainly a challenging experience and an exciting experience. I had so much fun playing this part. I can't say too much about how we introduce her. You'll just have to go see the movie. But, it was a great experience.

The Marvel universe has such strong female characters. How does it feel to represent that presence in superhero movies?

Johansson: Well, most superheroine films are simply not really good. They're just not well made. They fall back on this hair-flipping, posey, hands-on-hips thing. We do a little bit of that, of course, because it's important that it looks good, but I've really had a great opportunity. Joss really set the bar in "The Avengers" to really celebrate these female characters that are usually bookends or ornaments in the film, to sell the sex appeal. He was such a pioneer in really fleshing out these characters, starting with Black Widow, and really making her a character that could get punched in the face and could deliver the blow, and was an intelligent, complex, really strong female character for this series. It's been a real pleasure for me to play those multi-layers and to really be able to act, and not just pose. Our characters have some real storylines here. We're not just the romantic interest, and thank god for that. It makes our jobs interesting, and interesting to watch, too.

With a cast this huge, how much Falcon will be in the film, and will there be more?

Anthony Mackie: You can't get enough Falcon, that's for sure.

Russo: Anthony used to ask us that question, almost every day. There was about 5% of Falcon in the film, and then we cast Anthony Mackie and now there's 95% of Falcon.

Mackie: 'Cause I would just show up and walk into the scenes in full wardrobe. I didn't care. I had no lines.

Russo: It's a character that's very personal to us. We've been collecting comics since we were kids, and one of the first books we ever bought was a Cap/Falcon book, so we have a real affinity for the character. We can't tell you exactly how much he's in, but the Captain is looking for a friend in the modern world. He lost everyone and everything that he knew, and Falcon could be that guy, if that gives you a hint.

Anthony, now that Falcon appears in the "Avengers Assemble" animated series don't you think it would be cool if Falcon is in "The Avengers 2?"

Mackie: Growing up, my brother was a huge comic book person, and he always showed me the comic books with Black Panther and Falcon. So, when I heard about Falcon and was given the opportunity to meet with the Russos, and we talked about it and what they wanted to do with the character, the reason it worked so well is that the two of them had the ability to give dignity and substance to a character without making him heavy and hokey. What was so cool about the script, where it is now, and being able to work on it, as an actor, was having a three-dimensional real person that just happens to be a tactical expert that can fly. I think if the Falcon is added to "The Avengers" world, I'm looking for the opportunity to take down Iron Man, so I'll be the only flying Avenger. Thor don't count. The hammer flies. He don't fly!

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@tg1982 I hope not, I much prefer the Buck-Natasha relationship. I'm really psyched for Falcon, too! Anthony Mackie sounds like he really had fun with this movie, the man comes across as really enthusiastic.

Same here. I was a little sad when they "broke up". And yeah, Mackie's enthusiasm for the role of Falcon is really fun to see! :-)

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tg1982 said:

@veshark said:

Same here. I was a little sad when they "broke up". And yeah, Mackie's enthusiasm for the role of Falcon is really fun to see! :-)

Oh yeah, I haven't read his Winter Soldier solo series yet, but I heard about that. Makes me sad :(

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tg1982

@veshark:

Yeah. The story on how it happened was kind of lame, IMO.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is going to be AWESOME!

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, I may have been wrong about this movie.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Veshark

Interesting interview here with Sebastian Stan, who says he researched the Cold War to get more insights to the Winter Soldier character:

Movie Web asked the Romanian actor if his personal background played a role in his approach to Bucky Barnes, Stan says, "I was born in Romania, yeah...That's funny, because my friends used to tease me. I grew up, in some sense, in a communist country. I lived there until I was eight years old, but there were still communism. My friends would tease me and call me a red. Its funny, cause, low and behold, I end up with a Red Star on my shoulder. It was a neat little coincidence." After three to five months of physical training for long, epic fight scenes, Sebastian Stan says, "I dove into the whole cold war thing. I looked at the KGB. I looked at all kinds of spy movies, and all kinds of documentaries about that time, and what it was about. I grabbed anything from that time period. Anything about brainwashing. Just anything, cause I had the opportunity to do it. I went all over the place."

And on far more notable note, here's another interview with a costume illustrator regarding Crossbones' costume! Apparently Grillo was lying and Crossbones might appear in the movie. It seems like he'll be going with a more traditional Crossbones costume as opposed to the tactical Epting-era one:

Christian Cordell has served as the Costume illustrator for almost all of Marvel Studios' movies. Speaking with Beyond The Trailer at Comic-Con last weekend, Cordell talked a bit about his recent contribution to Captain America: The Winter Soldier. After going over designs for the titular hero and villain, Cordella revealed, "I worked on Crossbones for over four months just trying to figure out the bulletproof vest and the cargo pants. Maybe in the end, everybody's going to think 'Oh it's just a [generic] SWAT suit,' but actually it's not." When asked, Cordella went on to reveal what he enjoyed most about working on the character: "I was able to do all these different versions of how to make the cross work." he said. Referring to the actual crossbones that're plastered on the character's chest in the comics, "You don't want to just put two bones [across his chest] like a pirate. So [I went] through that label so that the fans can still recognize that it's the character, but not be so literally."Captain America: The Winter Soldier was filming in Cleveland last month, when actor Frank Grillo was spotted sporting a 'S.H.I.E.L.D. Strike team'-branded uniform as Brock Rumlow. Based on Christian Cordell's comments, it seems we'll definitely see Rumlow become the villainous Crossbones, rather than in a third sequel as Grillo has implied. No word on whether we'll see the skull mask, but check out the full interview with Cordella below.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By daredevil21134

Glad she's with Steve instead of Bucky.Should be a good film

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I hope this movie doesnt dissapoint really sick of all the cap haters i hope this movie can shut their mouths

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By slimj87d

What's the whole point of Agent 13 in there then? I think Widow and Winter Soldier's relationship works best because they're both former Russian spies, or at least Widow was while Bucky still possibly is.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By daredevil21134

@slimj87d said:

@daredevil21134 said:

What's the whole point of Agent 13 in there then? I think Widow and Winter Soldier's relationship works best because they're both former Russian spies, or at least Widow was while Bucky still possibly is.

I didn't know Sharon was in the movie

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok this thread is now basically the Winter Soldier update thread, as opposed to the SDCC one. Here's an interesting interview I thought I'd share from Anthony Mackie, who plays Falcon:

Hitfix got an interview with Anthony Mackie (the Falcon). When they asked if Falcon will have a bird in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, his response was

"No, the way the Falcon was created...he was created in three incarnations," Mackie answered. "And we went with the more military aspect of him as opposed to the superhero earlier aspect. So there is no bird."

Then he went on to say,

"The one thing I appreciate about Marvel, is when they introduced this character, they realized the value of having an African-American superhero, and they continued to reintroduce him and put him in different contexts until they felt like they got it right," Mackie told hitfix during an interview at San Diego Comic-Con . "So he continued to evolve and change and be reintroduced, in a way that as we changed as a people, he changed as a character. And you know, you gotta appreciate that, you gotta admire that from people who realize...or admit what they had wrong. And in this movie [directors] the Russo brothers have really given me the opportunity to make him into a three-dimensional character instead of just a cookie-cutter"

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Winter Soldier looks badass. I realli hope Captain America bashes Crossbones teeth out

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very very interesting news from Sebastian Stan:

Sebastian Stan says there are clues in the "set pieces" of "Captain America: The First Avenger" that are responsible for his return as the Winter Solider in the sequel. He says to "freeze the rescue scene" (when Captain America rescues Bucky who's in the middle of being experimented upon by Arnim Zola) but he warns it's "very subtle." Directors Anthony and Joe Russo promise that you'll see a more agile, fisticuffs-oriented Captain America in the film. In a separate interview, Anthony Mackie,who plays the Falcon, jokes that Frank Grillo's Brock Rumlow (a character that goes on to become the costumed assassin, Crossbones) receives a very thorough beatdown from Cpt. Steve Rogers. "He gets the business from Captain America," is how Mackie puts it.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: Supposedly you can read Arnim Zola's files and see something there. But I don't have the DVD on me it's at home. Can anyone find this scene for us to see?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NVM, it was a ARNIM ZOLA robot schematic.

No Caption Provided

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

No Caption Provided

Huh. Don't tell me Buck's consciousness gets saved into one of those O_O.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@slimj87d said:

No Caption Provided

Huh. Don't tell me Buck's consciousness gets saved into one of those O_O.

No no, lol. It was a hint of what Arnim will be and how he will survive so long.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d @tg1982

HOLY SHIIZZZZ IM LOSING MY NUTS.

The following is a description of a Winter Soldier preview at D23. Credit goes to IGN:

The scene begins onboard a S.H.I.E.L.D. plane, as Cap and Black Widow get ready for a mission. As he gears up, she asks him, “You do anything fun Saturday night?” Says Cap, "Well, all the guys from my barbershop quartet are dead, so no.” Widow then brings up a woman they work with, suggesting Cap ask her out. When he refuses, she asks, “Too shy or too scared?” and he says, “Too busy!” as he leaps from the plane. Two other agents, one of whom looks to be Frank Grillo as Brock Rumlow (the man Marvel Comics fans know as Crossbones) note that Cap just leapt out of the plane without a parachute. We watch (and this next portion was the very rough, unfinished portion) as Cap falls a far but not fatal distance, making a perfect dive into the water below. He then manages to climb up the side of the large boat he landed near, quietly dropping onto the deck (and back into the more complete footage). And that’s when Cap gets to really show what he’s made of...

What follows is a terrific sequence, as Cap moves quickly across the boat, taking down one guy after another – slamming his shield into some, throwing his shield into others, and sliding under or leaping over ropes and other obstacles to kick and punch through one thug after another. At one point, we move to a tracking shot from off the side of the boat, watching from afar as Cap runs down the side of the boat and takes down another enemy.

As Cap battles one guy with a knife, another tries to pull the fire alarm to signal for help and as Cap disarms and knocks out the man he’s fighting, he grabs the knife and throws it into and through the hand of the man trying to pull the alarm, pinning his hand to the wall. As another guy attacks Cap, he’s taken down by Brock, who has parachuted down to the ship with others, including Black Widow. Cap thanks Brock for the assist, who deadpans, "Yeah, you seemed pretty helpless without me."

As the group gather together to fight even more enemies coming out from inside the ship, Widow casually continues her earlier conversation with Cap, asking “What about the nurse? She seems pretty nice.” Cap tries to push aside this line of questioning, as Widow leaps over a railing and hurtles down into the depths of the ship, shooting several men waiting to attack, before landing below.

This was an incredibly fun, exciting and crowd-pleasing sequence. Coupled with the elevator fight debuted at Comic-Con and shown again today, it proves Captain America: The Winter Soldier has plenty to offer action fans and should silence any scoffing at the Russo brothers, who are directing the film, being the wrong choice based on their background with shows like Arrested Development and Community. Suffice to say, I was very excited to see more by the end of the footage.

During his brief time onstage, Evans noted that Steve Rogers has been in our era for awhile when this film begins, but is still trying to acclimate in one important way. Explained Evans, "It's not about tech. He understands how the internet and cell phones work. It's more about society and politics. Cap always wants to be a good guy and do what's right, and that's a little harder now, especially when he's working for S.H.I.E.L.D."

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: Yeah, my GF was there! But she didn't get to see it. But it sounds really good and exciting.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By tg1982

@veshark said:

@slimj87d @tg1982

The following is a description of a Winter Soldier preview at D23. Credit goes to IGN:

The scene begins onboard a S.H.I.E.L.D. plane, as Cap and Black Widow get ready for a mission. As he gears up, she asks him, “You do anything fun Saturday night?” Says Cap, "Well, all the guys from my barbershop quartet are dead, so no.” Widow then brings up a woman they work with, suggesting Cap ask her out. When he refuses, she asks, “Too shy or too scared?” and he says, “Too busy!” as he leaps from the plane. Two other agents, one of whom looks to be Frank Grillo as Brock Rumlow (the man Marvel Comics fans know as Crossbones) note that Cap just leapt out of the plane without a parachute. We watch (and this next portion was the very rough, unfinished portion) as Cap falls a far but not fatal distance, making a perfect dive into the water below. He then manages to climb up the side of the large boat he landed near, quietly dropping onto the deck (and back into the more complete footage). And that’s when Cap gets to really show what he’s made of...

What follows is a terrific sequence, as Cap moves quickly across the boat, taking down one guy after another – slamming his shield into some, throwing his shield into others, and sliding under or leaping over ropes and other obstacles to kick and punch through one thug after another. At one point, we move to a tracking shot from off the side of the boat, watching from afar as Cap runs down the side of the boat and takes down another enemy.

As Cap battles one guy with a knife, another tries to pull the fire alarm to signal for help and as Cap disarms and knocks out the man he’s fighting, he grabs the knife and throws it into and through the hand of the man trying to pull the alarm, pinning his hand to the wall. As another guy attacks Cap, he’s taken down by Brock, who has parachuted down to the ship with others, including Black Widow. Cap thanks Brock for the assist, who deadpans, "Yeah, you seemed pretty helpless without me."

As the group gather together to fight even more enemies coming out from inside the ship, Widow casually continues her earlier conversation with Cap, asking “What about the nurse? She seems pretty nice.” Cap tries to push aside this line of questioning, as Widow leaps over a railing and hurtles down into the depths of the ship, shooting several men waiting to attack, before landing below.

This was an incredibly fun, exciting and crowd-pleasing sequence. Coupled with the elevator fight debuted at Comic-Con and shown again today, it proves Captain America: The Winter Soldier has plenty to offer action fans and should silence any scoffing at the Russo brothers, who are directing the film, being the wrong choice based on their background with shows like Arrested Development and Community. Suffice to say, I was very excited to see more by the end of the footage.

During his brief time onstage, Evans noted that Steve Rogers has been in our era for awhile when this film begins, but is still trying to acclimate in one important way. Explained Evans, "It's not about tech. He understands how the internet and cell phones work. It's more about society and politics. Cap always wants to be a good guy and do what's right, and that's a little harder now, especially when he's working for S.H.I.E.L.D."

Hells Bells! I've got to find this and watch it!!!

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tg1982 said:

@veshark said:

@slimj87d @tg1982

Hells Bells! I've got to find this and watch it!!!

I've tried so many sites but they've all been taken down! Hit me up if you do find one though.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By tg1982

@veshark: Will do. But it doesn't look good. I've been searching for over 2hrs now, and I'm hitting dead end, after dead end as well.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing really to do with the movie per se, but a cool interview with Chris Evans here:

What was favorite movie to act in? Chris Evans said, “Let’s make it this, let’s make it not what was the most rewarding or what was ultimately most satisfying, but my favorite just to act in. Man, I may say the first Fantastic Four, just because it was one of the first times I had done a movie on that scale, so there were a lot of new things I was learning. I was learning so much just about big budget movies and special effects. I got to be a superhero, which was fun. Cast was great. It was just the first time it felt like a real big production. It kind of felt like summer camp. It was just a lot of fun. I loved playing that character.”

Which co-star would you love to work with again? Chris Evans said, “Let’s not base it on acting ability, because that’s impossible, I’ve worked with so many good…phenomenal actors. It’s a blessing to share the screen with them. Let’s go just based on personality and who I got along with, which I guess is probably just as damning. I’m going to say Ioan Gruffudd, the guy who actually played Mr. Fantastic. He’s just hilarious. I’ve never worked with someone…he’s a big kid. He really is like a nine year old, but he’s very positive, very sharp, very funny, and we had very similar senses of humor. He was so much fun, and I did get to work with him again. I worked with him last year in a movie called A Many Splintered Thing. He had a small role, but I got a couple days on set with him. I laughed the whole time.”

What is favorite part of being the Captain America? Chris Evans said, “The best part of being a part of the Marvel world is that it allows you to do other things. If I hadn’t taken Captain America, I don’t think I would be able to direct. Doing those big movies with big profile properties, and movies that get seen and make a lot of money, in turn you’re afforded an opportunity to go do passion projects, but that’s not a very fun answer. What’s the best part of being Captain America? I really like playing a good superhero, a lot of superheroes…not that there are bad superheroes, but a lot of superheroes are tortured souls and they have demons they are fighting. Caps just a really good guy. Aside from being a superhero and having powers, he’s just a really good man.”

Who is your favorite Avenger besides Captain America? Mine’s Iron Man, because duh, Robert Downey Jr.! Chris Evans said, “I’m going to have to agree with you. Robert Downey Jr. is not only an incredible cool superhero as Iron Man, but he himself is really just a special person. He’s just one of these guys whose been through so much and is so experienced and knows so much. He just knows so much. The guy has been through everything, and he’s come out on top. He’s just one of the biggests forces of nature on the planet and deservedly so. He’s an amazing person.”

What was the best part of filming Captain America: The Winter Soldier? Chris Evans said, “I will say reconnecting with a lot of people. There were so many people that I knew. It’s like when we’re were in high school, we come back…elementary school, middle school, you break for summer and then coming back in the fall, it’s so exciting to see everybody again. And we had Sam [Jackson] and Scarlett [Johansson] from The Avengers. Scarlett, who this is like my ninetieth movie with, she’s like my sister at this point. Sebastian Stan, who we did the first Cap with, whose just like the sweetest kid on the planet. And Mackie, he’s my dude, I’ve done a couple movies with Mackie, this is my third with him. I just felt like these are all my old buddies that I can go play with.”

Do you ever catch yourself acting like Steve Rogers when you’re not working? Chris Evans said, “I would be so lucky. That’s the goal, I strive to do. You know, I don’t necessarily know what Steve Rogers’ religious affiliation would be or political stance, but I think the cornerstone of his being is selflessness. I think he just tries to put himself last, and that extends to all facets, even just in a debate, a discussion. I think he’s going to try to listen to the other person before he tries to get his own point across. If I ever see shadows of Steve, I’m doing something right.”

Which character can you relate to more, Steve Rogers or Johnny Storm? Chris Evans said, “You know what, it’s really applicable to the chapters of my life. When I played Johnny Storm, it was Johnny Storm. I think that’s what I felt like, man, this is seamless. Now, that I’m playing Steve Rogers, I’m feeling a little more like Steve Rogers. I think that comes with age, so these days I’ll say more Steve Rogers, which is a bold thing to say.”

What’s it like being part of something so big like The Avengers? Chris Evans said, “Intimidating, a little overwhelming, but you’re overwhelmed with gratitude. When you’re making it you don’t really know it’s going to be that big…even when it comes out, this is the tricky part this business, you forget what’s really happening, it’s like work. I don’t know how to explain it. I try to think about what I would have thought when I was eighteen before I started this career, and I think it would have been radically different, but over time the more movies you make and the more you get used to the routine of movies coming out, doing the press, and you move on and try to get another job, and it all become just a piece in this puzzle of work and kind of…not disillusion, I don’t want to say disillusion, because it’s still very amazing, maybe just a little desensitized. You’re still grateful, but you’re not just sitting there like, ‘Wow, look at this, look what I was a part of.’ It doesn’t always feel that way, which is a shame, because it should. And I think that’s part of what I try remind myself of…not that I was a part of something amazing, but just to be appreciative and grateful, because gratitude is the key to happiness. If you have a healthy understanding of gratitude, you can’t lose.”

Will you miss the Cap/Peggy relationship? Chris Evans said, “Of course, mainly because of Hayley Atwell, she’s phenomenal. She’s just an amazing, amazing actress and an amazing human being, sharing the screen with her is just a blessing.”

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny interview with Anthony Mackie about Falcon:

Meanwhile, Anthony Mackie had a great chat with Total Film about Michael Bay's Pain and Gain Blu-ray and DVD release. But evidently, his role as Sam Wilson aka the Falcon in Captain America: The Winter Soldier quickly became the topic of the Q&A.

Firstly, was it difficult keeping a straight face in costume? “[Laughs] Not at all! The funny thing about that was, every time I put on the costume I felt kind of invincible. So It was more trying not to get in trouble! I felt a little ridiculous at first because you're a thirty-something-year-old man dressing like a cartoon hero, but after a while you start buying into it.”

Earlier this month at Disney's D23 Expo, Mackie said that he didn't know if he would be taking wing as Falcon again in Marvel's The Avengers: Age of Ultron. So, has anything changed since then? “I'm under contract for a bunch of movies but I don't know if Avengers 2 is one of them. You've got a bunch of guys that get paid to go to work with their friends and have fun every day. Why wouldn't you want to be a part of that?”

Anthony Mackie was then asked whether he got to keep his old school hat from 2011's The Adjustment Bureau, to which he replied: “They said no! [But] when I started [playing] the Falcon, I put in my contract that I get to keep my wings. Like, 'That's Falcon, bitch, on the wall, behind 'EMERGENCY: BREAK GLASS'!” What do you think?

@tg1982 @slimj87d

You guys have got to check out this 90-second preview of the Winter Soldier's musical score. Just follow the link to the official site and the score will play automatically.

It is awesome. It feels so spy-ish, espionage-ish, exactly like how Brubaker's story should sound like.

Also, for anyone interested, the entire Agent Carter short starring Hayley Atwell is on YouTube

Loading Video...

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: I got to screen agent Carter at comic con. It was good and she is very hot.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks nice.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@veshark: I got to screen agent Carter at comic con. It was good and she is very hot.

Hear hear.

What'd you think of the score?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By slimj87d

@veshark said:

@slimj87d said:

Hear hear.

What'd you think of the score?

The score was awesome. Thanks for that updated website, I grabbed teh wallpaper too. I actually got 2 of those posters at Comic Con as well, I want to hang them up in my room.

Seems like Ed Brubaker is happy with the script.

“I read the script and I was really blown away by it,” the writer told USA Today. “The tone of it and the Bucky stuff is so perfect and the way I’d want it to be, I was so thrilled to see that. But to me the biggest thing, too, is it’s the first time Marvel has put out a movie where there’s a specific book the title of the movie relates to. And now they’re doing that with Avengers: Age of Ultron. They’re putting out a hardcover collection ofCaptain America: Winter Soldier and that’s because that movie is coming out. That is the first time Marvel has one specific book to point people to, as opposed to when X-Men: First Class came out and there’s 15 trade paperbacks and people who see the movie don’t know which one to pick up. So it’s exciting, as the guy who gets royalties for that book.”

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d

No problem. Can't wait to hear the full tracks!

Hah, cool excerpt. Glad to see Brubaker getting the credit for the book (and the royalties), and it's awesome to see that new viewers might be able to pick up the original arc.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

Funny interview with Anthony Mackie about Falcon:

Meanwhile, Anthony Mackie had a great chat with Total Film about Michael Bay's Pain and Gain Blu-ray and DVD release. But evidently, his role as Sam Wilson aka the Falcon in Captain America: The Winter Soldier quickly became the topic of the Q&A.

Firstly, was it difficult keeping a straight face in costume? “[Laughs] Not at all! The funny thing about that was, every time I put on the costume I felt kind of invincible. So It was more trying not to get in trouble! I felt a little ridiculous at first because you're a thirty-something-year-old man dressing like a cartoon hero, but after a while you start buying into it.”

Earlier this month at Disney's D23 Expo, Mackie said that he didn't know if he would be taking wing as Falcon again in Marvel's The Avengers: Age of Ultron. So, has anything changed since then? “I'm under contract for a bunch of movies but I don't know if Avengers 2 is one of them. You've got a bunch of guys that get paid to go to work with their friends and have fun every day. Why wouldn't you want to be a part of that?”

Anthony Mackie was then asked whether he got to keep his old school hat from 2011's The Adjustment Bureau, to which he replied: “They said no! [But] when I started [playing] the Falcon, I put in my contract that I get to keep my wings. Like, 'That's Falcon, bitch, on the wall, behind 'EMERGENCY: BREAK GLASS'!” What do you think?

@tg1982 @slimj87d

You guys have got to check out this 90-second preview of the Winter Soldier's musical score. Just follow the link to the official site and the score will play automatically.

It is awesome. It feels so spy-ish, espionage-ish, exactly like how Brubaker's story should sound like.

Also, for anyone interested, the entire Agent Carter short starring Hayley Atwell is on YouTube

Loading Video...

Loved the short film and the score! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :-)

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.