Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11752 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

What other villains should be in the Cap movie?

Fresh0133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Fresh0133

I was reading a blog that talked about what the user wanted to see in the Captain America movie and that got me thinking: 

We know thatt Redskull and Anim Zola are in, what other notable villians should be Cap be battling on the silver screen? 

Obviously if you try and do the majority of Cap's World War II exploits the Cap movie would be overstuffed with characters and likely turn out to be terrible abomination of a movie, but if you selected the cream of the crop you could really do something special.  

Obviously we pretty much all want to see Cap punch Hitler in the face, personally I'm hoping that Bucky is the one that offs him.

It's likely we'll see Hydra forces lurking about and there's always the possiblity of AIM rearing it's ugly head, epecially if they do the Cosmic Cube bit that was one of central cogs of Red Skull's WWII ambitions. 

After revamping the Super Soldier Serum wiki entry here on Comic Vine I found myself likeing the idea of Master Man, aka William Lohmer, the Nazi answer to Cap, appearing in the film.  He recieved a variation of the Super Soldier Serum that actually worked better than Steve's, he was stronger, faster, more durable, and even gained limited telekinetic flight abilites.  He was Cap's main nemesis outside of Red Skull during World War II.  While Cap usually just spoiled Red Skull's schemes, he rarely got physical with him, Master Man and Cap went toe to toe fairly frequently with varying results as to who came out on top.  Just imagine the battles Marvel Studios could put together between these two going after each other, Cap's the better strategist and fighter but he's completely outmatched physically so he's got to use his head taking Master Man on.   

After imagining Master Man in the movie the actor that I envisioned playing him immediately was Alexander "Eric" Skarsgard, who plays Eric on True Blood.  He's very tall, muscular, blonde haired, blue eyed, and has a very intimdating presence on screen, well not when he was in Zoolander participating in a gasoline fight, but on True Blood he's a very fightening character.  As a bonus we learned on this week's episode of True Blood that he can, in fact, speak very good German. 

So, who would you like to see appear in First Avenger:  Captain America Comic Vine?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.