Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11749 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Tommy Lee Jones in Captain America

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Edited By Cosmic Sentinel
    http://marvel.com/news/moviestories.12985.captain_america_movie~colon~_col~dot~_phillips_cast 

Marvel Studios announced today that Oscar® winning actor Tommy Lee Jones has been cast to star as US Army Colonel Chester Phillips in the studio’s highly anticipated movie "Captain America: The First Avenger" opposite Chris Evans, Hugo Weaving, Hayley Atwell, Sebastian Stan and Stanley Tucci.  In the early comics, Phillips recruited Steve Rogers to join Project Rebirth, the secret experiment that created the Super Soldier known as Captain America. The character will be updated for the film. Joe Johnston will direct the film penned by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely. 

Awesome news for the Cap. film I think.
    BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Very awesome, but I think this thread has already been done.. sorry man.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel
    @BiteMe-Fanboy: If it has, I can't see the thread. Though that's no indication, my search-fu is weak.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.