Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11751 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

My Thought on Captain America…The Movie

schmidty207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

User Lists: 8

Edited By schmidty207

No Caption Provided
    Okay. So first I explained my opinions on the Thor movie and how it would connect to the Marvel Movie Universe. I’ve thought it through, and figured how to do the same thing with Captain :

First the plot – the first act would be about Steve Rogers, growing up in in the thirties, enlisting in the army, getting selected for the ‘Super-Soldier’ program (that is mentioned in Incredible Hulk) and ends with Steve completing the process and getting the new body. Act 2 would be about his army days, sneaking around, being an inspirational leader on the battlefield, meeting Bucky and having him learn Steve’s secret identity, and would end with Cap being defeated and/or captured by the Red Skull. The final act would be Steve’s victory against the Red Skull, defeating whatever Nazi plans he had, and the movie would end with Cap (and Bucky) continuing the never-ending battle for victory in WWII.

No Caption Provided
    So basically, it’s the plot of the 4-part The Adventures of Captain America mini by Fabian Nicieza and Kevin Maguire from 1991/1992.

But the major difference is in the post credits…
    There’s a shot of a newspaper headline dated at least a year after the movie takes place, but still during World War II, that reads: CAPTAIN AMERICA MISSING!!! Then we see darkness, but obviously underwater. Lights are shining from around and behind the camera into the water in front of us. Then we see an iceberg, with a familiar shield encased in it, and an arm, and the rest of Cap’s body. Coming into frame, on either side, we see the sources of the lights – Iron Man’s glove, and Thor’s hammer…

That’s it. That’s all you need. The movie itself connects to The Incredible Hulk, and the post credits connect to Iron Man, Iron Man 2 and Thor.

Done deal.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

I dig it. Sounds a whole lot better than making Cap be in the USO and being a 'clown' for the American troops in Europe.

CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CylonDorado
    @BiteMe-Fanboy:
    Damn, is that what they're doing?
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @CylonDorado: Ya I heard that too. Something about the Army thinking he's to important to put into combat because he's the only Super Soldier so instead they put him on the USO tour and that where he gets the costume. I am hoping its just a nasty rumor myself.
    BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy
    @Nova`Prime` said:
    " @CylonDorado: Ya I heard that too. Something about the Army thinking he's to important to put into combat because he's the only Super Soldier so instead they put him on the USO tour and that where he gets the costume. I am hoping its just a nasty rumor myself. "
    I know right.
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nova`Prime`

To be honest I don't have a super problem with it, as long as its not a main point in the movie.. if its just a few lines I can forgive it, like if someone asked where he got the outfit and he says the USO... but if they focus anything more then ten minutes on that part I will be disappointed... unless the rest of the movie is just knock down drag out super Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, Flags of Our Fathers kick ass.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @Nova`Prime` said:
    " @CylonDorado: Ya I heard that too. Something about the Army thinking he's to important to put into combat because he's the only Super Soldier so instead they put him on the USO tour and that where he gets the costume. I am hoping its just a nasty rumor myself. "
    I will be so pissed off if they do this.
    Avatar image for bangingbootynurset
    BangingBootyNurseT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Who cares about the plot as long as Kellan Lutz plays Captain America!

CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CylonDorado

Well, it wouldn't be that bad, if it only takes like 10 minutes out of the movie, before they get attacked during a show or something and everyone sees that he kicks too much ass to not be fighting.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Gambit1024

I'd watch that movie. Too bad they wanna cram all that other stuff in it too. I mean The Howling Commandos, The Invaders, Bucky, a love interest, Red Skull, Arnim Zola, and possibly Baron Zemo are WAY too much to add in the movie. I'm afraid that's gonna be it's downfall. 

schmidty207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By schmidty207

Are they really putting Zola and Zemo in the film?

gambit987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By gambit987

only arnim zola is confirmed

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @CylonDorado said:
    " Well, it wouldn't be that bad, if it only takes like 10 minutes out of the movie, before they get attacked during a show or something and everyone sees that he kicks too much ass to not be fighting. "
    I agree if its only a small portion of the movie, but I just have a feeling it won't and that's when he'll have his love interest with Peggy Carter.

@gambit987 said:
    " only arnim zola is confirmed "
    I thought Red Skull was confirmed as well?
    gambit987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By gambit987

YEA RED SKULL TOO PORTRAYED BY HUGO WEAVING

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By Gambit1024
    @Chris207 said:
    " Are they really putting Zola and Zemo in the film? "
    Both Red Skull and Arnim Zola were officially confirmed. Baron Zemo is only a rumor right now. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.