Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11752 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

MEN IN BLACK Meets CAPTAIN AMERICA?

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

Is that you, Sebastian?
     Is that you, Sebastian?

I’m going to call it... if the deal does work out, Tommy Lee Jones will play General Phillips in the CAPTAIN AMERICA movie. You might recall that character was an FDR adviser who spearheaded Operation: Rebirth and, if I recall correctly, was something of a hero in World War One.  I stress that it’s IF the deal works out, because UGO says he’s still in negotiations with Marvel to act in the movie, fitting it in somewhere along with his turn in the third MEN IN BLACK movie. Still, there’s only so many characters left to fill and, somehow, I don’t see him playing Dr. Reinstein, the Red Skull or any of the Invaders.

Then again, seeing as how MIB is still credited as a Marvel comic, it’d be a hoot if they actually found some way to tie that in to all this. Imagine Agents J & K being the ones to defrost Steve Rogers from the ice?

Not to toot my own horn, but I smelled the possibility of Sebastian Stan playing the Winter Soldier as soon as it was let out that his contract to play Bucky stipulated a multi-picture deal. Somehow, I don’t suppose he’d just be showing up in ghostly flashbacks for the sequels. Turns out I might be half-way right, according to CHUD. Apparently, the script for CAPTAIN AMERICA isn’t finished, so Marvel’s still jockeying ideas. At one point, they were looking to play it like the ULTIMATES did and have Cap encounter an elderly Bucky in the present. Considering that Bucky would have to be at least 70 years old by then, I don’t think they’d need Stan for that. The idea, right now, seems to be that they’re going to simply leave it open for the Winter Soldier to eventually show up.

The other theory I’ve got is that Haylet Atwell is going to play both Peggy AND Sharon Carter in the eventual sequels. Let’s see if the rumors start to break out about that.

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. Pre-order the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover now on Amazon.com.

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Namor1987

Sweetarooni I'm glad this movie is taking form. I can't wait to see Captain America & Red Skull stills 

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Gylan Thomas

If J and K were to defrost Cap my head would explode.
    The Avenger or some Marvel has to defrost him.
    And isn't Hugo Weaving already on for Red Skull?

Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kid_Zombie

Ya I'd love for marvel to do that. By the time Chris Evans is done his contract, you can have Bucky Cap! Instead of recasting a new Steve Rogers. Sound like a great idea to me! 

i don't like the idea of Alice Eve playing both roles. i know Sharon is supposed to be the spitting image of Peggy, but still would rather see two seperate actresses.

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Theodore

I love Tommy Lee Jones.

ironshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ironshadow

Tommy Lee Jones should play Norman Osborne in the Spider-Man reboot. 

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Bruce Vain

That would great to have Tommy in it. Even if it isn't a huge role.
    MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By MrMazz

But i wanted him to play a sheriff its tommy lee Jones he is meant to be a sheriff in every movie period 

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

MIB 1 is a classic, 2 was so bad i gave the DVD away. Big fan of Norm..I mean Tommy Lee so I'm happy to see him in the Cap movie.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#9  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Cool, I honestly hope they bring in Winter Soldier in the second movie, then move forward to making Bucky Captain America.

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

TLJ is a great actor

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.