Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11747 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Is there a version of Cap in comics like the one in EMH?

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By safefruitcake

I want to start reading some Captain America comics, but I'd like him to be similar to the one in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, any recommendations?

If I'm being dumb and he always acts like that in comics, let me know :)

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

Classic Cap

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That cartoon was the best Marvel cartoon ever made imo.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I want to start reading some Captain America comics, but I'd like him to be similar to the one in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, any recommendations?

If I'm being dumb and he always acts like that in comics, let me know :)

I'd recommend picking up Captain America Man out of Time.

It's a miniseries that details Cap's earliest days with the Avengers after being revived in the 21st century. It's basically a new reader-friendly introduction to the history and personality of Steve Rogers, as well as being a very touching and inspirational story.

If you liked Steve in EMH (one of the best superhero cartoons, by the way), I guarantee you'll enjoy Steve in this comic too. Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed. Plus, just like the cartoon, it also heavily features the Avengers.

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: Thanks for the recommendation!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.