Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11752 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Has Cap's Political Views ever been brought up?

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

I'm not asking if he's Democrat or Republican, I'm asking if people have ever tried to write a story with him, or mention him, having to deal with people trying to get him to endorse a certain idea. Has he ever had to weigh in on, say, gay marriage or some other political thing?

And has he ever expressed views on it. Or is more or less 'This is not my time so I am not going to impose my ideas on everyone?'

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Veshark

Well he always says he's loyal to nothing but the American Dream?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Cap upholds the foundations upon which this country was built. I don't believe he's either Republican or Demarcate but simply believes in what is best for the country and supports and it's citizens, standing for what he believes America should be rather than what politicians in Washington D.C. want it be for their own personal agendas.

Cap has shown multiple times that he doesn't support any one party and has stood for he believed America should be, most notable during the Civil War storyline and years before when he stepped down as Captain America and became Nomad.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Cap's political values were briefly touched upon in a done-in-one issue of his original volume (#250).

Some people tried to get him to run for President of the United States. He declined.

No Caption Provided

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By spider11211

He sounds like a conservative leaning libertarian to me.

I have that issue.

I also have a Cap for president shirt.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America always came across to me as someone who believes in justice and equality and freedom -- so if there is a political party that holds true to those values and those values only, then that would be it. I don't think the Republicans or Democrats can claim that.

Politics and Captain America don't mix -- just like it should be.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@lykopis said:

Captain America always came across to me as someone who believes in justice and equality and freedom -- so if there is a political party that holds true to those values and those values only, then that would be it. I don't think the Republicans or Democrats can claim that.

True! So true!

Bravo.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I'm pretty sure Ult Cap has

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By spider11211

@lykopis said:

I support this message.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By cameron83

@lykopis said:

I support this message.

Seconded

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Cap (whatever his personal views) HAS any clearly defined politics(nor should he) besides a generalized belief in the US Constitution. Remember, the very act of openly declaring his politics would be to split the nation down the middle( pace Vietnam and nowadays). besides he thinks of himself as a soldier and soldiers by definition(outside of Latin American and Caribbean banana republics) do NOT "do politics"!

Terry

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Bio-Warfare: American Axiom

The marketing of ecology/minerals/chemicals oriented American comic book characters such as Plastic Man (DC Comics), Silver Surfer (Marvel Comics), Poison Ivy (DC Comics), and Captain Planet (Ted Turner) creates globalization-catalyzed inflation/deflation cycles for Captain America popularity and social demand. After all, globalization detracts attention away from nationalism confetti (i.e., Captain America comics).

The release of the recent multiple Captain America comics adapted Hollywood (USA) films suggests that more social attention will bring more thematic attention to the superhero's political stance. For now, most people feel satisfied claiming a Democracy Defender podium for Captain America (in globalization-relevant discussions about bio-warfare, eco-pollution, and multi-culturalism).

Plastic Man

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lately falcon has been definitely pushing the liberal agenda, its insane they literally just made the main snake dude trump "i will make america marvelous again" lmao cant stand it

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

lately falcon has been definitely pushing the liberal agenda, its insane they literally just made the main snake dude trump "i will make america marvelous again" lmao cant stand it

They said Cap not fake Cap. :P

Prossor_Kobras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prossor_Kobras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@prossor_kobras said:

No Caption Provided

Damn, what a panel

It's amazing when a single panel can so utterly capture the essence of a character.

Could not have said it better myself

kind of wanna make a thread dedicated to that now

Prossor_Kobras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@prossor_kobras said:
    @captainmarvel4ever said:

@prossor_kobras said:

No Caption Provided

Damn, what a panel

It's amazing when a single panel can so utterly capture the essence of a character.

Could not have said it better myself

kind of wanna make a thread dedicated to that now

Panels that sum up characters? I don't think it's been done before, so you can go right on that XD

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

He is really more Tom Brevoort then Trump.

No Caption Provided

This is literally what Brevoort says about their comics and how they sell better when people hate them. Didn't help that book also made fun of how the stupid media only focuses and superficial stuff when the Iceman thing was so obviously only done because it would create a big splash in the media with no intention of doing anything with it. One has to wonder if Nick Spencer hates the company he is working for.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read once someone describe him as a Roosevelt liberal, so a 1930s liberal, but I'm not sure how would translate to today's issues.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.