Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11748 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Dominic Cooper as Howard Stark in Captain America Film

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided
    Salon recently reported that Howard Stark has been cast for the upcoming Captain America film, and the man who is to play him is Dominic Cooper. The Brit seemingly let the information slip while being interviewed by Salon about his role in the film Tamara Drewe. You may or may not know Dominic Cooper from his roles in Mamma Mia, The Escapist, or an episode of the CBS show Jericho. Other than that, he's had one other role that leads me to believe he'd be awesome for this film: He played Allington on HBO's Band of Brothers, the end all and be all of World War II movies and mini-series. 

I may not remember his part from the film, but I don't remember anyone standing out in that mini-series for not being anything less than spectacular, even the extras were awesome. I know it sounds biased as all heck, but if this guy was in Band of Brothers, he already has my stamp of approval as Howard Stark.  

How will Howard Stark play into this film though? Will he be buddy-buddy with Steve Rogers? Maybe the two of them will see some action together in the film. Maybe the two guys are vying for the affection for the same woman. There's a lot possibilities for Howard Stark within this film, but most likely, we'll be seeing Howard and Steve battling together against the Nazis. 

How will Howard Stark play into this film? Is Cooper the right choice for the job?
    Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jordanstine

Who's going to be playing Baby Tony Stark?

Sheep-Kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Sheep-Kill

Well he did work with Anton Vanko in Iron Man 2.  Maybe have a connection to making the Crimson Dynamo armor and have Dynamo as maybe a side villain. That or maybe have him something to do with an arms race with Stark Industries and the crew that made Cap's super serum. 

Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!
    @Jordanstine said:
    " Who's going to be playing Baby Tony Stark? "
    Baby Stark wasn't born in the 40s

I think they'll have him help in the Manhattan Project.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By sora_thekey

Well... Tony Stark had a somewhat Captain America Shield...
    Could Howard Stark be the one who gives Cap his Shield?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By danhimself

I'm guessing that he'll be involved with the Super Soldier Serum some how

the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By the_fallen11

He will have something to do with Cap's shield more than likely he makes it.

Sheep-Kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Sheep-Kill
    @the_fallen11 said:
    " He will have something to do with Cap's shield more than likely he makes it. "
    That could work cause the shield was seen in both Iron Man films.  Could be a prototype while the true shield is still frozen with Captain America.
    the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the_fallen11
    @Sheep-Kill:  yeah more than likely.
    Riezner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Riezner

My impression was that by Iron Man 2, Captain America's shield hasn't been made. The one Tony uses as a stand in IM2 is incomplete. Doesn't the shield require the element that Tony made for his new power source? Howard Stark said in the movie he was limited by the technology of his time, after all, so maybe the shield has yet to be made. If he's unfrozen and cast into present Avengers time with Tony, maybe Stark will present him with the shield. Of course, that'd mean that he wouldn't have a shield all the way through WWII. I dunno, I'm no expert at this stuff. 

Nighthound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nighthound

Dominic Cooper MAMMA MIA!! XDXD........i don't think he would fit well in the role.Why don't they use   John Slattery, the same actor that plays howard in Iron man 2?

thiagofonseca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thiagofonseca

Did Howard become a father really late?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Nighthound said:
    " Dominic Cooper MAMMA MIA!! XDXD........i don't think he would fit well in the role.Why don't they use   John Slattery, the same actor that plays howard in Iron man 2? "
    He'd have to be 35 years younger for the Cap film, that's the only problem I see.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#13  Edited By xerox_kitty

THAT GUY!?!  Ugh.  I know I shouldn't judge someone for their previous roles (ie Mamma Mia) or other tv performances (his appearance on Nevermind the Buzzcocks), but he's just too small & fresh faced to be a Stark!  They need someone with the same gravitas as Robert Downey Jnr.

Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Riezner said:
    " My impression was that by Iron Man 2, Captain America's shield hasn't been made. The one Tony uses as a stand in IM2 is incomplete. Doesn't the shield require the element that Tony made for his new power source? Howard Stark said in the movie he was limited by the technology of his time, after all, so maybe the shield has yet to be made. If he's unfrozen and cast into present Avengers time with Tony, maybe Stark will present him with the shield. Of course, that'd mean that he wouldn't have a shield all the way through WWII. I dunno, I'm no expert at this stuff.  "
    Or Maybe the shield he has is like the original triangle-steel shield and he'll get a (Vibranium) cicular shield, because the element he discovered was Vibranium.
    kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15  Edited By kennybaese

The super soldier serum stuff that Ross pulls out to give to Blonsky has a Stark Industries logo on it. Or the container it was housed in does anyway. I'm betting it'll be something to do with the Super Soldier program. He was supposed to have been one of the founding members of SHIELD... maybe we'll see it started up here too. 

Riezner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Riezner
    @Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!: I think you're absolutely right about the triangle shield.
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thiagofonseca said:
    " Did Howard become a father really late? "
    comic-wise, no. Movie-wise very.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

Hmmm strange 

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#19  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Well since he had a role in the creation of S.H.I.E.L.D. in IM2, and since he helped with the Manhattan Project, he'll probably be one of the guys who helped out with Project: Rebirth, and/or have some hand in the creation of Cap's shield or what not, I don't see why he would be going into battle though, that doesn't make much sense.

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By HaloKing343

Sweet
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By Jotham

Whoa. Dude looks exactly like I imagined a young Howard Stark would. I hope he has lots of interaction with Cap. 
    Expect lots of great semi-ironic lines: "Dammit, Stark! You expect too much of me! I may be a super-soldier, but I'm still just a man of flesh. Not a man of... IRON."

Gothic Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By Gothic Storm

Just mentioning Band of Brothers in a story regarding the Captain America film is enough to get me pumped up about this movie! I'd love to see him bring some of that experience over into this film. I was really ticked to see Iron Man 2 get such terrible reviews. Here's to hoping the next 3 Marvel Films will blow the fans away! (Who cares about stupid movie critics anyway?)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.