Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11747 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Comic Book Question of the Week: Favorite Captain America Villain

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

What good is having the super-soldier serum flowing through you if you don't get the opportunity to punch a whole lot of terrible people in the face, right? And when it comes to villains, Steve Rogers aka Captain America definitely has more than a few that he has to smack around every now and then. From Batroc (THE LEAPER!) to the infamous Red Skull, Captain America has made quite a few enemies over the years. We know at least a handful of his foes will appear in Captain America: The Winter Soldier -- which is finally almost here -- but this week, we want to know which Steve Rogers villain the Comic Vine crowd likes the most. We've added 17 to the list (plus the "other" option) and you've got two days to pick one of these not-so-kind characters.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE! IT'S WHAT CAP WOULD WANT!

No Caption Provided

The poll will remain open until Thursday morning (ET), so that gives you roughly two days to give one of these villains your support. After you cast your vote, please remember to jump into the comments and say why a certain character earned your praise. Make it awesome enough and there's a chance we'll highlight it in Thursday's updated article.

PSA: Captain America: The Winter Soldier opens April 4.

Be sure to check the homepage on Thursday to see which villain comes out on top and whether your post will be highlighted!

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Since it's "favorite" and not "best," I gotta go with Batroc Ze Leaper and his fabulous 'tache!

ptigrusmagus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GSP

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Since it's "favorite" and not "best," I gotta go with Batroc Ze Leaper and his fabulous 'tache!

No Caption Provided

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Though I've read little of his character outside of Brubaker's run, I've found Baron Zemo to be a very interesting villain, especially during the No Escape storyline.

No Caption Provided

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crossbones

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
    Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

DCWarFan73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I would say Red Skull is the best adversary of Cap. He is the embodiment of pure evil and is unrelenting in his attempt to destroy Cap and all he holds dear.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I hate to go with the obvious answer, but Red Skull.

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

crossbones, red skull or sin

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like Baron Zemo, and Barron Von Strucker, But Red Skull is just so great. (and yes Batroc is also awesome)

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I voted Crossbones. I loved him and Sin being the Mickey and Mallory Knox of the Marvel universe in Brubaker's run. He's was a hoot in Parker's Thunderbolts as well. I'm a bigger fan of Winter Soldier and Taskmaster as characters, but I don't really view them as Cap villains.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Skull and Zemo

Crackdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Protocide

No Caption Provided

He was stronger than Cap, in every way, and was really just a version of Steve that had gone down the wrong path and really represented what
    Cap could have turned out like if he had different handlers.

The one issue where Cap and Clint work together where they question that if things had been different, both of them would have been partners instead of Bucky really stuck with me.

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zemo. love what zola brings to the table as red skulls sidekick.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
    mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Taskmaster is one of my favorite characters, period.

Red Skull and Zola were a close second + third.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops.

Not only has that guy and his team has trolled Captain America harder than all his other villains combined, but he always gets away with it as well.

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By krauser99

Protocide

No Caption Provided

He was stronger than Cap, in every way, and was really just a version of Steve that had gone down the wrong path and really represented what

Cap could have turned out like if he had different handlers.

The one issue where Cap and Clint work together where they question that if things had been different, both of them would have been partners instead of Bucky really stuck with me.

Yeah Protocide was pretty awesome. He wrecked USAgent. His fight with Cap though went back and fourth. The first one Proto won but he had a sneak attack to aid him. Second fight Cap won but he used electric current to down him. The third fight a fresh and healed Proto fought a some what hurt Cap, as Cap prior to there fight had busted out from a nuclear containment unit(with some help IIRC) and then he fought some Hyde goons and then fought a fully healed Proto. Proto even had extra help from a helicopter(Villain Cache who's also a Super fighter in his own right) and Cap still was holding the advantage until that explosion.(Going from memory)

But it was a pretty cool arch.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.