Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11752 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Captain America Crosses a Major Line Under Hydra's Influence

• 62 results
    josephnicklo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By josephnicklo

No matter. It'll all be rebooted within the year and none of this will even be remembered.

Ezekael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wowlock said:

So somehow Kobik re-wrote Steve and he saw his parents get killed by Hydra....and yet he is still Captain Hydra ? WTF ? This whole thing makes no sense and it is an insult to Cap Steve....

Yeah... its not in the least "insulting Steve". You obviously aren't really reading this. There are two storylines going: Current time period and the re-written history time period. The past storyline ends in this issue on a cliffhanger where they are implying that they are going to influence/brainwash/raise a young Rogers as a Hydra agents because" they have great things in store" for him. This is probably the most interesting storyline for Rogers since Brubaker was writing him.

For the folks complaining "It will just get retconed!". Who cares? I'd rather have interesting stories that are actually worth picking up and reading that get retconed later than the same old drab garbage over and over again.

People are still jumping on the "Oh the humanity" bandwagon here. Get a grip people.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53  Edited By BR_Havoc

@primeearth2016: I was talking in specifics, This scene of a hero killing a villain for shock value or to see that he is foregone to the dark side is exactly like with Superior Spider-Man killing Massacre there was no repercussions to that murder. It was done for a cheap shock value boost and this is no different.

Perhaps if we stop falling for these "shocks" they will stop doing them and go back to carefully planned and well written stories.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekael: Interesting? It's not really because this story is too similar to a story that already happened with another hero in recent memory, So it comes across as just being a cheap knock off.

Remender's run was horrible and Spencer's has been no different so saying this is the most interesting Steve has been since Brubaker is not saying much because we have had two talented writers do abysmal work with him.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What exactly is the issue here? Cap has killed people before and so have other heroes. He killed people during the war. MCU Cap kills people all the time lol.

Has Cap ever killed anyone on their knees surrendering?

PrimeEarth2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc: No repurcussions for that exact scene no but you cant say the entire run didnt leave repurcussions for Peter afterweards.

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By gokuss4z

F*** Marvel

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually fine with him doing something so out of character. He's not responsible for his actions right now and once he gets his mind and memories back in order he will be tortured by what he did. Finding a way to atone and forgive himself will be an interesting plot for the character to go through. Especially if he has to weigh the responsibility of getting back out there to fight if he thinks he can't trust himself.

thats the thing, people made a big deal about this, made a bunch of memes and so on, they act like they never read a comic before. People get brain washed all the time. It was almost embarrassing seeing these "hardcore" readers thinking he actually went bad forever

Avatar image for rustyshackleford
    RustyShackleford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@w0nd: Agreed! I don't know what satisfaction or joy comes from getting so upset about this. Don't get me wrong, I love my comics and the characters. It just seems like a waste to get so enraged by all of it.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primeearth2016: I never said there was no repercussions from the series, but that scene is incredibly similar to this one and I doubt there will be any fall out, It's just a cheap shock tactic.

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#61  Edited By DD208

This story is 16 days old and nobody has commented in 11 days. Why is this the lead off story on the front page. Is something going on in the office? Is there no new news to speak of? This site just hasn't been the same since the Gamespot merger.

Of course, nobody will read this comment because nobody has clicked on this story in days.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dd208: Of course, nobody will read this comment because nobody has clicked on this story in days.

I read it!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.