Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11748 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Cap's Winter Soldier Costume: Concept Art

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Veshark
    No Caption Provided

Credit goes to ComicBookMovie.

Honestly, I'm still not sure how I feel about this look. We can see it deviates a little from the Super-Soldier look, but keeps the general idea. I do hope that he goes back to a more superheroic costume at some point though.

EDIT: Also, just to throw em in, a bunch of cool set-pics with Cap out of costume and Bucky:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Well it looks cool but I think there were trying to combine some ideas into one and this is what happen.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think they both look awesome!

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#4  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I liked the Super-Soldier look in the comics, I feel that this suit just looks too blue. The black parts could have easily been made red and white, making the suit look more like a Captain America uniform while still retaining elements from of the Super-Soldier look. But despite my issues with the new look, Steve does appear to be wearing his WWII uniform in concept art for the movie, leading us to believe that Steve may don that look again some point in the film.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

I like it actually. It's grown on me a bit.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Why does Cap have a mask?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By cameron83

@extremis said:

I like it actually. It's grown on me a bit.

Why does Cap have a mask?

why not? He's not really supposed to have the exact SS costume from the comicbooks. It just seems inspired from the comics,not a replica....

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By SideburnGuru

Not too fond of it. To be fair, I'm one of the few in the minority that thinks his look like that in the comics kinda sucks.

I really miss the stars and stripes outfit. Really wish they would've kept it on him until a bit later. Oh well.

For what it is? It looks good. Do I like it? Not really. Maybe if they made the stripes on the sides red? I guess I would've liked it a bit better.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@cameron83: I mean in general why does he have a mask? Everybody in the world knows he's Steve Rodgers

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cameron83

@cameron83: I mean in general why does he have a mask? Everybody in the world knows he's Steve Rodgers

oh..just part of costume and iconic looks and stuff like that..Good point,though.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By the_tree

Not a big fan of the black and blue stripes on the abs, I would've rather had them be red and white.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've heard some comment that this darker look is meant to reflect the more serious nature of the sequel.

I was alright with this look in the comics, but the addition of the helmet's gonna need some adjusting to.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might as well throw this in here.

We get our first look of the new costume in action (aside from those fuzzy ones a while back) - though it's a stunt double, not Chris Evans. Credit to CBM:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Might as well throw in a cool pic of Evans, Johannson, and Stan (a double?):

No Caption Provided

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would like more red. And should be more fitted.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I liked the Super-Soldier look in the comics, I feel that this suit just looks too blue. The black parts could have easily been made red and white, making the suit look more like a Captain America uniform while still retaining elements from of the Super-Soldier look. But despite my issues with the new look, Steve does appear to be wearing his WWII uniform in concept art for the movie, leading us to believe that Steve may don that look again some point in the film.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I think the new costume plays on a theme from Avengers where Coulson tells Steve about the Cap suit and Steve says "isn't that a bit old fashioned?" Basically Steve goes to this suit in the beginning to try to be "more modern" but then towards the end he dons a more classic Cap uniform. Just my opinion. And I hope so because I prefer my Cap, more Cap looking. LOL

The art could be Cap towards the end of the movie (maybe a half hour or 45 minutes away from the end or something), jumping out of the plane to battle CB or WS and that's when we see him don the more "classic" Cap uniform. Just a thought.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

On another note. I got to say, WS looks really good. The only (glaring) difference I see, is the mask covering his lower face in stead of the "Robin" mask he wore on the comics, sure there are some other differences, but on the whole, WS looks to be really good, IMO.

It also seems that Stan has bulked up for the role, as well.

McHotcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks alright. I wish there was more red in it though.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm I the only one who really wants to see he actual wings in his mask? winter soldier looks good did him well.

Avatar image for captainamerica119
    Captainamerica119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Winter Soldier costume with the mask is the best costume in the film so far.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SideburnGuru

Naw.

Best looking part of the movie is Scarlett Johansson.

Speaking of which, is she rocking the leather again?

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Veshark

Naw.

Best looking part of the movie is Scarlett Johansson.

Speaking of which, is she rocking the leather again?

We've only seen her in her civvies so far. There was actually a scene where she kissed Chris Evans lol.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: Aw, damn it.

Why do they need to have a DAMN ROMANTIC INTEREST IN EACH MOOOOVIE. GOOOOOOOD.

The Avengers did it semi-right, BUT NOOOOO. More romantic UNNEEDED interests.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark:

Aw, damn it.

I think someone theorized that it could be a 'let's pretend to kiss to evade chasing enemies' type deal? So it's not like they're not actually kissing, just using it as cover?

I hope that Natasha starts a relationship with Bucky though, like in the comics.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@sideburnguru said:

@veshark:

Aw, damn it.

I think someone theorized that it could be a 'let's pretend to kiss to evade chasing enemies' type deal? So it's not like they're not actually kissing, just using it as cover?

I hope that Natasha starts a relationship with Bucky though, like in the comics.

I honestly hope they save that. Like, if they do it as just a little evasive technique? Go for it.

But I really hope there's real no big romantic angle in this movie.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By theTimeStreamer

bucky looks awesome

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.