Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11750 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Cap Fans. Are you getting the All-New series?

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I'm skipping it but I'll still keep an eye on what's going on of course. I was reading the Dec. solicitation for issue #2...

• The new Hydra has formed, comprised of the most ruthless villains of the Marvel Universe as the great infiltration continues!

• Cap uncovers the ultimate goal of the new Hydra but is it too late to stop them?

• Cap and Nomad’s new partnership is put to the ultimate test as they race to uncover The Sect of the Unknown!

and I thought to myself... I wonder what Falcon's going to be doing?

Guess I'll just always see Steve Rogers as "Cap" and I knew he'd still have a role in the comic. It took me a while to really warm up to Bucky even wearing the uniform and taking on the role. I don't think just anyone can be "Captain America." Nothing against Falcon (I hope this helps brings him popularity and respect) but Steve Rogers is suppose to be a one of a kind person and his character shouldn't be dismissed in the importance of being "Cap." I'm sure Falcon will have some good showings coming up and I think he's got something going with the Mighty Avengers too but Steve Rogers is the man that Thor follows into battle and that's who I follow as well.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Fallschirmjager

I stopped at like issue...15 or 16 I think. It was garbage.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By IrishX

@fallschirmjager: For sure the whole current series has been rough. Been that way really since Brubaker sadly. I was actually asking if Cap fans were planning on getting the upcoming series with Falcon taking over the mantle though.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I may check out this out.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@irishx said:

@fallschirmjager: For sure the whole current series has been rough. Been that way really since Brubaker sadly. I was actually asking if Cap fans were planning on getting the upcoming series with Falcon taking over the mantle though.

Oh. No.

LenSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'll check out the first couple of issues

ujustgotpwnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll deff start reading it for sure. I thought the plot to this last volume was pretty weak but stuck with it nonetheless. I just think it's gonna be weird seeing Cap flying. BUT, I guess its an understandable tradeoff for Sam not having the Super Solider Serum in him as Steve did. I'm pretty interested to see where it's going to go.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I think I am going to skip it at the start. I recently purchased the entire collection of the Fantastic Four so I plan on paring back the books I am only mildly interested in. I've really only kept reading this volume of Captain America because Steve Rogers is my favorite character. If it gets some consistently good reviews, I might go back and pick it up after I get through 600+ issues of FF and 180+ issues of Silver Surfer that came in my purchase.

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

I've been hanging on through Rick Remender's run of Cap, probably a lot longer than I should have. There have been plenty of "red flags" that seem out of character for Steve but I continued on. Reading a few fan articles about those red flags today helped to convince me to drop this series.

Captain Falcon looks interesting (Planet Hydra) but it's probably better I watch from the sidelines on this one.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there a wiki page for Nomad?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.