Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11751 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Awesome Toy Picks: LEGO Captain America Vs. HYDRA

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Each week we take a close look at a cool comic book collectible. That means taking it out of the package. There's been a few new LEGO sets coming out. This week we're looking at one with a fitting theme considering Captain America: The Winter Soldier hits theaters next week. Let's take a look at the LEGO Captain America Vs. HYDRA.

No Caption Provided

As you can see, the set contains 172 pieces and comes with three figures and two vehicles. The retail price is only $19.99 and you can order it right now from LEGO.

No Caption Provided

Some of you may already have a LEGO Captain America. One was released earlier with the Captain America's Avenging Cycle set that had him going up against a couple of the Chitauri. What you may notice right away is the motorcycle is different.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

In order to have a cool LEGO set, the vehicles have to stand out. They have to be different from vehicles in other sets. With Red Skull and a HYDRA agent, we see they have an impressive ride.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

It is an all-terrain vehicle. You can see the wheels move to easily drive over any obstacles. You can see the back section with the HYDRA agent swivels around to catch anyone coming at them.

I should also note that I used one of the extra pieces as a gun for him. He's not supposed to have it but it seemed fitting.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Red Skull doesn't look too happy. He has good reason. Here comes Cap.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Cap is all about the hand-to-hand combat. Of course he's going to take the fight directly to Red Skull. If you saw the box, you know that LEGO Red Skull has a trick up his sleeve.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Red Skull has a Cosmic Cube, or Tesseract. That's gonna mean trouble for Cap.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Guess the good guys don't always win.

Poor Cap. Will he ever reclaim his bike and shield? We'll leave that up to you once you buy the set for yourself.

Here's a closer look at each figure.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

That's it for this week. Hopefully you're still riding high on the Captain American excitement over the movie. Here's a hint for the next installment, we'll have yet another Cap-related awesome collectible.

Avatar image for captaingenisvell
    CaptainGenisVell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I always feel the Captain America minifigure is a let down now. The Flash has a removable helmet so you can at least see his face and have two expressions. The helmets are basically the same as well, so don't see why Cap has to just have this.

andy_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By andy_117

I want this so much. I might have to buy it.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Pretty kick-ass, but only one Hydra guy? Loki and Two-Face had at least 2 guys per.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Looks pretty cool. Awesome action sequences!

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Awww, what a adorable little Jew hating lego.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Cool.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Wow, a Captain America set! looks fun! let's see what Lego DC ha....oh, another Batman set.....

dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By dreamfall31

I really want this set! I wish there was a Winter Soldier set though so I could get a Bucky minifig!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.