Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11752 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Awesome Toy Picks: Captain America and Steve Rogers Sixth Scale Figures from Hot Toys

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Each week we take a close look at a comic book collectible. That means taking it out of the package. Even though we just looked at the Superman Sixth Scale figure from Sideshow Collectibles a few days ago, we're going to look at another amazing figure, Captain America and Steve Rogers Sixth Scale figure set from Hot Toys.

No Caption Provided

This is an amazing set. There's actually two full figures. That means it's going to cost you more than the average figure from Sideshow Collectibles. It's available for preorder right now HERE.

This isn't the first time I've looked at sixth scale Captain America figures. Over the summer we looked at the Golden Age costume version from The Winter Soldier (you can see the video and images HERE) and the figure from Captain America: The First Avenger (HERE).

The Captain America figure comes in his stealth S.T.R.I.K.E. suit from when he was working with S.H.I.E.L.D.

No Caption Provided

It looked great in the movie and makes another great Cap figure. The detail in the costume and stitching is simply amazing.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

It's a new figure so of course it has a new head sculpt. There's so much going on in the suit even if a lot of the details are subtle. If you've watched the video at the top of the page, you've seen the close details with his pants, pockets, and so on.

The figures come with their own stands but it's always nice to see them able to stand without one.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

There's a tiny S.H.I.E.L.D. emblem on his right shoulder and, if you want, you can put a little hook on his back to place his shield back there.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

He also comes with a little handcuff like they tried putting on him in the movie.

No Caption Provided

Then there's the Steve Rogers figure.

No Caption Provided

I think I might like this one a little better. He comes with the scratched up shield and a helmet he can hold (it won't go on his head.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I think what impresses me more is the details in his street clothes. His jacket has a zipper. The jeans look worn and not like they were just made for the figure. There's a lot of nice touches like the belt buckle and boots.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This figure also has a little more movability. The S.T.R.I.K.E. suit is a little thicker and it's a little harder to move his arms up compared to this one.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

We also looked at the Winter Soldier figure (video and images HERE). They look pretty great together.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This figure also has a longer neck joint. It goes deep into the figure. This prevents any seams from showing at his neck or jawline. You can even inter-change the heads if you want Cap in costume but without his helmet.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Where does that leave the Steve Rogers figure? You could always put the helmeted version on him.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

As you can see in the video and some of these pics, there are several different hands. This allows you to put the figures in many different positions or situations.

No Caption Provided

You can compare these Cap figures to the past ones.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I do think each time the figure somehow keeps getting better.

No Caption Provided

As mentioned above, the figure is now available for preorder. Click on the link for more information and some more pics:

http://bit.ly/BuyCapnSteve

The two figures will cost you $339.99. That's not bad considering the Winter Soldier figure was $239.99 on his own (but did come with a ton of weapons and accessories) and the Golden Age Cap was $209.99.

I shouldn't have to tell you by now but the Hot Toys and Sideshow Collectibles figures are truly amazing. These are figures you can proudly display. This article may have "toys" in the title but clearly these are not toys. At the same time, there is so much articulation and accessories, you can almost play around with how you want to position them. That's what makes them more fun than a statue.

With the gift-giving/receiving holiday almost upon us, it's not too late to consider this set. It won't ship until January but, again, you can preorder now (before it sells out). Visit Sideshow Collectibles to check out what else they have. Of course a big thanks to Sideshow for letting us get our hands on these figures early. Let us know what you think of them.

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If comics and childeren didn't drain all my monies I would get all of these things. The last time i could afford these statues was when i got Freddy & Jason from their crossover film.

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These Captain America figures are the most impressive I've seen showcased for this segment. The Batman Dark Knight figure was good too, but the jeans here are impressively smooth.

Definitely outside my price range, but if I ever decide to purchase a $300 figure Captain America will be on the list.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

"America f*ck yeah" moment right there

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

These are awesome. They really looked like Chris Evans.

Bukomaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always wanted to buy collectible figures, problem is it's just too expensive :(

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not complaining but are the colors of the shields wrong? I mean they could of been that way in the movie and I just didn't realize it.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Those figures look great.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like the costumed variants, not so much the civilian clothes one. Definitely couldn't justify purchasing these though given their price tag.

blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.