Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11750 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Marvel NOW!: Get a Look at Captain America’s New Costume

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

If anyone's costume needed an update I would have to say it's Cap.

BigBDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By BigBDawg

Steve's new costume must obviously be to bank on the Avengers movie costume he has, guys. That's what I'm gonna think and what I'm gonna believe. At least it's better than some of the New 52 costumes DC did.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Umbraa

Love it. Looks like the suit used to attack utopia.

Don_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Don_Jay

@elayem98 said:

@Don_Jay said:

@elayem98 said:

@Don_Jay said:

@elayem98 said:

@jubeiyagyuX said:

Yes Marvel ,make him look like the movie version for no reason whatsoever

I'm sure the reason is to attract new readers, so when they pick up a cap comic for the first time they don't put it right back down because he is in dorky spandex

The thing about Cap is even if he's in a 'dorky spandex' costume, that's not what matters about him, but the hero and the symbol (crap that sounded like some PR BS). But you have to understand that for most people this isn't THE Captain america costume and never will be. This is just a fad to cash in on the popularity of the movies and the trend to make superheroes look realistic.

I understand. Im sure for longtime readers like you the hero and the symbol and all that about cap will still be there, only difference is now cap can get more new readers with an outfit that isn't dated, and (IMO) look less dorky.

The thing is movies never seem to be able to get more new readers and the changes made in the comics to make them more appealing to the moviegoers usually ends up alienating long time readers. Most people who goes to watch Iron Man, or the Avengers would never pick up a comic book especially not on a regular basis. If the movies and the changes like this would make people who never picked up an issue before do so, the sales wouldn't be down like they are now and we wouldn't see a series cancellation every other week or a renumbering initiative every six months.

haha actually i got into comics after watching THe Dark Knight.

I went to barnes and noble like a week after watching TDK and saw batman: the long halloween TPB, haha i thought it was nerdy at the time, but i bought it anyway, loved it, and now I'm a comic reader, spending a small fortune on as many TPBs or HCs as my money will allow. I've been trying to break into Marvel comics for awhile since I've always been DC, and Marvel NOW will most likely let me.

Awwwww... you're so adorable and naive (minor offense intended). You might be one of the few exceptions, but the fact is, that moviegoers rarely become regular readers and represent a small part in the total number of readers. It's great for you that you tried and liked the comic book experience and I hope you'll be able to get into marvel easily in Now, but chances are against you. Continuity won't change the stories that led to this point will be there especially the ones after 2000 and Bendis' events. If Nova and Rocky will truly play as big a role in the new initiative as the execs say, you probably will have to catch up on space stories starting with Annihilation and everything after.

maxicere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By maxicere

NOOOOOOO NOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOO!!! The mask sucks!!! it's the same filth we seeing in the movie

Planewalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Planewalker

Great look always hated the old costume anyway...

THEBATFoE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By THEBATFoE

Yeah... :(

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By danhimself

nope...don't like it....there was nothing wrong with his old costume

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#59  Edited By Mercy_

Ehhhhhhhh

THEBATFoE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By THEBATFoE

Yah his helmet looks like ant man took a shit on him.

Wolverine0628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#61  Edited By Wolverine0628
    I love this!  It's kind of like Agent Zero-meets-steampunk-meets-real-life soldier.  Awesome! 
    @Mega_spidey01

Totally agree with you!
    Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#62  Edited By Mbecks14

i like it a lot actually

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#63  Edited By Inverno

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

It looks very similar to the movie version, but I like it

SpitfireINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By SpitfireINK

Finally!!

A Good "Modern" outfit for Cap!

And Fingers X'd that the Movie version gets an upgrade similar to this one!

(The movie outfit blows)

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By judasnixon

Yeah! Screw his New look! Bring back his old Nomad costume! That blue, and yellow one, with the low V-neck, head sock, and the bitchin' cape! That's what I want to see! 

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By z3ro180

looks cool cant wait to see it coulored also when will we see a better view of thors costume.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#68  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

LOVE IT!!! ^___^

Avatar image for emperormeister734
    Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

can't wait to see everyone else

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Daycrawler

Lovin' it.

JMLG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By JMLG

im starting to hate movie universe for ruining my comics - first they make Hawkeye loose his classic costume to get that wack ass movie uniform and now Captain America, who's classic costume basically always stayed the same...

thank god they didnt completely change up Wolverine

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#72  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz

cap needed a modern update, like how the kept the solider aspect in the design over superhero

this should be good

SnakeEyes327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By SnakeEyes327

@danhimself said:

nope...don't like it....there was nothing wrong with his old costume

There was nothing right about his old one either. At least this new one looks like an actual combat uniform. He's a super soldier, let's see him start dressing like one and emphasize the soldier part. The movie put it perfectly, resigning the "classic" look to a goofy USO dance number because that's what it always looked like.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#74  Edited By sethysquare

looks alright. I just dont see many of these new costume sticking. you can tell that with dc, they took the most iconic version and have an update. They are still very true to each character. Several of the outfits just looks ridiculous. This outfit looks okay. I just dont think its very iconic.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By jsphsmth

between the costume change and Brubaker's departure, i am sad

Avatar image for spiderman20991992
    spiderman20991992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gross.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#77  Edited By X35

i'm so glad they changed it, if i had just seen the movie i wouldn't have been able to find a captain america comic otherwise

Notathug78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Notathug78

Looks good wish the costume in the Avengers film looked this good and functional.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Crimsonlord53

Looks good I like the more modern feel to the new costume.

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#80  Edited By shawn87

I like it. He definitely needed an update. Those red boots always killed me.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Actually looks pretty cool, but I still won't be buying anything from Marvel not NOW not ever.

Citrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Citrus

I like everything but the helmet :/

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Duke_Nasty

Like it but give him the helmet wings.

jubeiyagyuX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By jubeiyagyuX

@Don_Jay said:

@elayem98 said:

@Don_Jay said:

@elayem98 said:

@Don_Jay said:

@elayem98 said:

@jubeiyagyuX said:

I'm sure the reason is to attract new readers, so when they pick up a cap comic for the first time they don't put it right back down because he is in dorky spandex

The thing about Cap is even if he's in a 'dorky spandex' costume, that's not what matters about him, but the hero and the symbol (crap that sounded like some PR BS). But you have to understand that for most people this isn't THE Captain america costume and never will be. This is just a fad to cash in on the popularity of the movies and the trend to make superheroes look realistic.

I understand. Im sure for longtime readers like you the hero and the symbol and all that about cap will still be there, only difference is now cap can get more new readers with an outfit that isn't dated, and (IMO) look less dorky.

The thing is movies never seem to be able to get more new readers and the changes made in the comics to make them more appealing to the moviegoers usually ends up alienating long time readers. Most people who goes to watch Iron Man, or the Avengers would never pick up a comic book especially not on a regular basis. If the movies and the changes like this would make people who never picked up an issue before do so, the sales wouldn't be down like they are now and we wouldn't see a series cancellation every other week or a renumbering initiative every six months.

I went to barnes and noble like a week after watching TDK and saw batman: the long halloween TPB, haha i thought it was nerdy at the time, but i bought it anyway, loved it, and now I'm a comic reader, spending a small fortune on as many TPBs or HCs as my money will allow. I've been trying to break into Marvel comics for awhile since I've always been DC, and Marvel NOW will most likely let me.

Awwwww... you're so adorable and naive (minor offense intended). You might be one of the few exceptions, but the fact is, that moviegoers rarely become regular readers and represent a small part in the total number of readers. It's great for you that you tried and liked the comic book experience and I hope you'll be able to get into marvel easily in Now, but chances are against you. Continuity won't change the stories that led to this point will be there especially the ones after 2000 and Bendis' events. If Nova and Rocky will truly play as big a role in the new initiative as the execs say, you probably will have to catch up on space stories starting with Annihilation and everything after.

Exactly.No offense but the number of so the so called mythical movie goer turned comic book reader is negligible.Changing a costume is all well and good but why make it like the ones in the movie which in turn is based off the Ultimate U one? I'm no Cap fan but I just think is silly as not just costumes but continuity itself seems to be changing drastically :(

There probably would be no reason for him to read annihilation (apart from the awesomeness :)) to catch up on any thing as the new Nova - samwhathisface - is no Rich.I miss Rich but Noooooo Loeb had to take it and do his usual thing to it.

windcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#85  Edited By windcaster

Wow after the uproar of Nick Jr. I expect an outrage over the new design. I prefer the original design but I do like the new version as well.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By ms__omega

I dig it.

dru_zod2501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By dru_zod2501

Right now? I hate it. It looks too "ultimate" for 616.

But if it sticks around long enough I might get used to it like I did the New 52.

But then... This is Marvel we're talking about. The classic suit will be back within 5 years and we can forget little hiccup ever happened in their long, falsely unrebooted history

Don_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Don_Jay

@jubeiyagyuX said:

@Don_Jay said:

@elayem98 said:

@Don_Jay said:

@elayem98 said:

@Don_Jay said:

@elayem98 said:

@jubeiyagyuX said:

Exactly.No offense but the number of so the so called mythical movie goer turned comic book reader is negligible.Changing a costume is all well and good but why make it like the ones in the movie which in turn is based off the Ultimate U one? I'm no Cap fan but I just think is silly as not just costumes but continuity itself seems to be changing drastically :(

There probably would be no reason for him to read annihilation (apart from the awesomeness :)) to catch up on any thing as the new Nova - samwhathisface - is no Rich.I miss Rich but Noooooo Loeb had to take it and do his usual thing to it.

He might might not have to read it, but everything in the cosmic part is so tied together starting with Annihilation that it might be strongly recommended (even out of sheer awesomeness). Btw Rich "died" (yes with the quotation, since there's no permanent death except for uncle Ben and Batman's parents [hope I didn't jinx anything]) in the Thanos Ignition which was done by DnA. I miss Rich too, he became a great character after Annihilation and I miss the ongoing Nova. What I don't understand about this Samgengericguy is how he got to be a Nova. It was stated clearly in Thanos imperative #6 and the Devastation one-shot afterwards that Rich drained all the Nova force from Quasar and the probies and he Worldmind shut down completely after the Fault was sealed and they couldn't awaken it. Ergo there's no Nova force in the universe which is kinda a requirement for a Nova corpsman. Plus who is this Samicantrememberhislastname guy? He wasn't a probie, so what's his connection to the Corps? When i first saw him in Point one I honestly hoped that is was Robbie, that he figured out a way to reboot the Worldmind and restore a small portion of the force. But no, they had to bring in a new character who as it turned out to be is based on the Nova in the USM cartoon just to capitalize on that. This is what I hate. Leave the comics alone, don't try to make them like the movies and cartoons, because it doesn't work. Draw inspiration them for awesome stuff like the Avengers movie, but don't try to mash them together. Oh and I still hope Rich will return soon which might be implied by the one of the Now teasers that shows (a) Star Lord, which I really hope is not another new character hust connect it to the GotG movie or something, but the real one and if he could return somehow, there might be hope for Rich. http://marvel.com/images/gallery/story/19038/who_will_shape_the_future_of_marvel_now/image/927273.

FiguredOut95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By FiguredOut95

Marvel Now = Marvel Movies, mehhhh!

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#90  Edited By Funrush

Looks pretty cool. The only thing that makes me mad is the fact that once again Marvel turns something from the movies into the comics.

foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By foolkiller1

I love it. It looks very tactical.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

It's okay.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By judasnixon
    No Caption Provided
    Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Night Thrasher

Two thumbs down!

GothamBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By GothamBat

And this is one of the many reasons Marvel COMICS are going down hill. Instead of the movies being inspired by the books, it's the books being inspired by the movies.

jubeiyagyuX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By jubeiyagyuX

@Don_Jay said:

@jubeiyagyuX said:

@Don_Jay said:

@elayem98 said:

@Don_Jay said:

@elayem98 said:

@Don_Jay said:

@elayem98 said:

@jubeiyagyuX said:

He might might not have to read it, but everything in the cosmic part is so tied together starting with Annihilation that it might be strongly recommended (even out of sheer awesomeness). Btw Rich "died" (yes with the quotation, since there's no permanent death except for uncle Ben and Batman's parents [hope I didn't jinx anything]) in the Thanos Ignition which was done by DnA. I miss Rich too, he became a great character after Annihilation and I miss the ongoing Nova. What I don't understand about this Samgengericguy is how he got to be a Nova. It was stated clearly in Thanos imperative #6 and the Devastation one-shot afterwards that Rich drained all the Nova force from Quasar and the probies and he Worldmind shut down completely after the Fault was sealed and they couldn't awaken it. Ergo there's no Nova force in the universe which is kinda a requirement for a Nova corpsman. Plus who is this Samicantrememberhislastname guy? He wasn't a probie, so what's his connection to the Corps? When i first saw him in Point one I honestly hoped that is was Robbie, that he figured out a way to reboot the Worldmind and restore a small portion of the force. But no, they had to bring in a new character who as it turned out to be is based on the Nova in the USM cartoon just to capitalize on that. This is what I hate. Leave the comics alone, don't try to make them like the movies and cartoons, because it doesn't work. Draw inspiration them for awesome stuff like the Avengers movie, but don't try to mash them together. Oh and I still hope Rich will return soon which might be implied by the one of the Now teasers that shows (a) Star Lord, which I really hope is not another new character hust connect it to the GotG movie or something, but the real one and if he could return somehow, there might be hope for Rich. http://marvel.com/images/gallery/story/19038/who_will_shape_the_future_of_marvel_now/image/927273.

Thanos is back,Starlord is back,the Nova force exists on this side of the Universe again.The way I see it Rich is back but will probably take a back seat to new fake Nova just because Loeb wants to push him. I also agree with you on drawing from them.There is really no need to mash them together (which is what Marvel NOW is).They have seen the Avengers movie be a success so the next logical (stupid) step from Marvel is to try and merge 616 to the shitty movie universe.I hope to God Rich returns but deep down I doubt he will.

Gatman50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Gatman50

I love it, it looks like modern military attire, and much more realistic. The old outfit needed an update, I mean he was still rockin bell bottoms!

odysseyuwrf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#98  Edited By odysseyuwrf

Definitely Ultimate Cap material here. Especially the helmet and chin strap look.

spidershamrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By spidershamrock

I like the design but I hate the fact that all comics must conform to the Marvel movie agenda

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Rumble Man

616 is officially ultimates now

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.