Capcom Thread

Avatar image for vance_astro
#1 Edited by vance_astro (89963 posts) - - Show Bio
Street Fighter:The Legend of Chun-Li thread
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic/5/cast-of-street-fighterlegend-of-chun-li-movie/14291/#147
Street Fighter thread
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/official-street-fighter-thread/24090/?page=last#reply_form
Capcom vs. Tatsunoko thread
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic/5/marvel-vs-capcom-3-nocapcom-vstatsunoko/18921/#57
Street Fighter IV
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic/5/street-fighter-4-is-in-development-w-videos/9639/#105

Capcom has some interesting things coming up..so I figured instead of making a thread for each thing,why not just make a Capcom thread.

-Marvel vs. Capcom 3 may be on it's way and soon according to statements from Comic-Con
-Capcom\Udon is releasing 3 new comics series...Street Fighter Alpha Legends:Chun-Li,Street Fighter Remix,Street Fighter III
-Street Fighter IV is doing well and arcades and Capcom vs. Tatsunoko should be confirmed to come to the U.S in no time.
-Chun-Li is getting a game based on her storyline

CHUN-LI TIME\CHUN-LI MAKASE CHINA
Game based on Chun-Li
caption
caption


























  



  

Moderator
Avatar image for vance_astro
#2 Posted by vance_astro (89963 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator
Avatar image for static_shock
#3 Posted by Static Shock (51488 posts) - - Show Bio

You could have at least posted my thread for Street Fighter IV. LOL. It surprises me that Chun Li gets her own game before Ryu and Ken.

Avatar image for vance_astro
#4 Posted by vance_astro (89963 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"You could have at least posted my thread for Street Fighter IV. LOL. It surprises me that Chun Li gets her own game before Ryu and Ken."
My bad..I'll find it and post it here.Chun-Li is really popular in Japan right now..she's getting her own comic,movie,and now a game.
Moderator
Avatar image for static_shock
#5 Posted by Static Shock (51488 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for vance_astro
#6 Posted by vance_astro (89963 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok this is what happened with Guy...Final Fight's storyline was going in a different direction so the only way Guy,Cody or Hugo would be in the game is if they were voted in..There was a vote taken on who would be the last character to make the game (an official vote)...Here's the candidates..

Guy,Cammy,Hugo,Fei-Long,Dee Jay,Sakura,Dan,and Ibuki.

Cammy,Dan and Fei-Long got the most votes.Why? I don't know....
Moderator
Avatar image for static_shock
#7 Posted by Static Shock (51488 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Cammy,Dan and Fei-Long got the most votes.Why? I don't know...."

Bullsh!t! Blasphemy! >_<

Guy owns all of them....

caption
caption
Avatar image for vance_astro
#8 Posted by vance_astro (89963 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanted Sean in but supposedly SFIII is a side story and SFIV happens between II and III.I guess they were going to try and write Ibuki or Hugo into the storyline if they had to though.

Moderator
Avatar image for pixelized
#9 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio

where's Vega from?

Avatar image for pixelized
#10 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio

nvm

Avatar image for vance_astro
#11 Posted by vance_astro (89963 posts) - - Show Bio

He was raised in Japan.

Moderator
Avatar image for pixelized
#12 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio

ESPANA

Avatar image for vance_astro
#13 Posted by vance_astro (89963 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"ESPANA"
He was born their but he spent most of his life in the Bamboo jungle lol.
Moderator
Avatar image for pixelized
#14 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
caption
Avatar image for samurai_condoms
#15 Posted by Samurai Condoms (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon Bloodgood...I'D HIT DAT!

Avatar image for swagga_boy
#16 Posted by Swagga Boy (3737 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"I wanted Sean in but supposedly SFIII is a side story and SFIV happens between II and III.I guess they were going to try and write Ibuki or Hugo into the storyline if they had to though."

I want Sean too!
Avatar image for sparda
#17 Posted by Sparda (15794 posts) - - Show Bio

Capcom is arguably the best Japanese development house working today. They've made so many awesome franchises.....

Right up there with Nintendo in quality of games, IMO.

I can't wait for SFIV, CvsT, or Resident Evil 5......

Avatar image for vance_astro
#18 Posted by vance_astro (89963 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
"Capcom is arguably the best Japanese development house working today. They've made so many awesome franchises.....

Right up there with Nintendo in quality of games, IMO.

I can't wait for SFIV, CvsT, or Resident Evil 5......"
Well I would say Nintendo is #1 because they are worth almost as much in yen as Sony..and they only make games. Mario alone is worth more than Megaman,Devil,May Cry,Resident Evil,and Street Fighter..put together.
I think Capcom is better IMO because there is more of a variety in their games..everything isn't just E for Everyone or just barely teen because of animated violence.

I also can't wait for SFIV or RE5...I'm not really counting on CVT...it's possible it won't come out here.
Moderator
Avatar image for static_shock
#19 Posted by Static Shock (51488 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"I'm not really counting on CVT...it's possible it won't come out here."

Japanese people are stingy. They did that bullsh!t with Namco X Capcom.
Avatar image for vance_astro
#20 Posted by vance_astro (89963 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Vance Astro said:
"I'm not really counting on CVT...it's possible it won't come out here."

Japanese people are stingy. They did that bullsh!t with Namco X Capcom."
Well they were stingy in the sense one was trying to get all the profit but not in the sense that they were trying to keep us from having the game.If they could agree on who would distribute it would have gotten here.
Moderator
Avatar image for lantern_prime
#21 Posted by Lantern Prime (12987 posts) - - Show Bio

Which game wouold u all get, SFIV or a possible Marvel vs Capcom 3 next year?

Avatar image for static_shock
#22 Posted by Static Shock (51488 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd get both. 'Cause I got money like that...

Avatar image for vance_astro
#23 Posted by vance_astro (89963 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no choice but to get both.

Moderator
Avatar image for swagga_boy
#24 Posted by Swagga Boy (3737 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"I'd get both. 'Cause I got money like that..."

BALLIN!!!!
Avatar image for vance_astro
#25 Posted by vance_astro (89963 posts) - - Show Bio

LMFAO

Moderator
Avatar image for king_saturn
#26 Posted by King Saturn (220552 posts) - - Show Bio
All I need is Street Fighter 4 for now...
Avatar image for swagga_boy
#27 Posted by Swagga Boy (3737 posts) - - Show Bio

I got the gameplay trailer on my 360 it makes me sad everytime i watch it because the game doesnt come out until next year!!!

Avatar image for lantern_prime
#28 Posted by Lantern Prime (12987 posts) - - Show Bio

Having SF characters in M v C 3 plus others like Megaman, I like SF but the more the merrier.

Avatar image for vance_astro
#29 Posted by vance_astro (89963 posts) - - Show Bio
i TOTALLY WOULD HAVE COPPED THIS
i TOTALLY WOULD HAVE COPPED THIS
Moderator
Avatar image for swagga_boy
#30 Posted by Swagga Boy (3737 posts) - - Show Bio

after the release of SF4 arent they going to get started on a MvC comic?

Avatar image for swagga_boy
#31 Posted by Swagga Boy (3737 posts) - - Show Bio

or is that a rumor?

Avatar image for king_saturn
#32 Posted by King Saturn (220552 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"
i TOTALLY WOULD HAVE COPPED THIS
i TOTALLY WOULD HAVE COPPED THIS
"
NOW THAT LOOKS AMAZING
Avatar image for vance_astro
#33 Posted by vance_astro (89963 posts) - - Show Bio
Swagga Boy said:
"

after the release of SF4 arent they going to get started on a MvC comic?

"
Nah..that's a rumor.Capcom tried to make one back when MVC1 came out..Marvel wasn't havin' it.
Moderator
Avatar image for swagga_boy
#34 Posted by Swagga Boy (3737 posts) - - Show Bio

:( sad face

Avatar image for vance_astro
#35 Posted by vance_astro (89963 posts) - - Show Bio
I'M GETTING THIS LOL.
I'M GETTING THIS LOL.
Moderator
Avatar image for swagga_boy
#36 Posted by Swagga Boy (3737 posts) - - Show Bio

New age of Breakfast  that sounds good.

Avatar image for vance_astro
#37 Posted by vance_astro (89963 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony the Tiger,The Corn Flakes Rooster,Snap,Crackle,and Pop...all you favorites will be in it.

Moderator
Avatar image for vance_astro
#38 Posted by vance_astro (89963 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
caption
Moderator
Avatar image for the_genesis_archer
#39 Posted by The Genesis Archer (1550 posts) - - Show Bio

because of thsi thread, i developed the random urge to play megaman x2

Avatar image for lantern_prime
#40 Posted by Lantern Prime (12987 posts) - - Show Bio

Megaman is the by far the most powerful character Capcom has.

Avatar image for the_genesis_archer
#41 Edited by The Genesis Archer (1550 posts) - - Show Bio
Lantern Prime said:
"Megaman is the by far the most powerful character Capcom has."

what about dante? isnt he capcom? he would destroy megaman, without the use of his devil trigger, i like megaman lot, but he isnt the strongest capcom character lolz
Avatar image for lantern_prime
#42 Posted by Lantern Prime (12987 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what , i'll do a topic on this very subject.

Avatar image for slinger
#43 Posted by Slinger (5779 posts) - - Show Bio

Off of the Street Fighter topic: Has anyone seen Mega Man IX? It looks amazing!!!!!

Avatar image for sparda
#44 Posted by Sparda (15794 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Sparda said:
"Capcom is arguably the best Japanese development house working today. They've made so many awesome franchises.....

Right up there with Nintendo in quality of games, IMO.

I can't wait for SFIV, CvsT, or Resident Evil 5......"
Well I would say Nintendo is #1 because they are worth almost as much in yen as Sony..and they only make games. Mario alone is worth more than Megaman,Devil,May Cry,Resident Evil,and Street Fighter..put together.
I think Capcom is better IMO because there is more of a variety in their games..everything isn't just E for Everyone or just barely teen because of animated violence.

I also can't wait for SFIV or RE5...I'm not really counting on CVT...it's possible it won't come out here.
"

I think they're about even, maybe Nintendo a bit more for me. BTW, did you hear about how Capcom won't be making exclusive games anymore? I guess they want a more aggressive marketing strategy or something.

Man, I hope CVT comes out here. It looks so darn awesome.....
Avatar image for slinger
#45 Posted by Slinger (5779 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for vance_astro
#46 Posted by vance_astro (89963 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Sparda said:
"Capcom is arguably the best Japanese development house working today. They've made so many awesome franchises.....

Right up there with Nintendo in quality of games, IMO.

I can't wait for SFIV, CvsT, or Resident Evil 5......"
Well I would say Nintendo is #1 because they are worth almost as much in yen as Sony..and they only make games. Mario alone is worth more than Megaman,Devil,May Cry,Resident Evil,and Street Fighter..put together.
I think Capcom is better IMO because there is more of a variety in their games..everything isn't just E for Everyone or just barely teen because of animated violence.

I also can't wait for SFIV or RE5...I'm not really counting on CVT...it's possible it won't come out here.
"

I think they're about even, maybe Nintendo a bit more for me. BTW, did you hear about how Capcom won't be making exclusive games anymore? I guess they want a more aggressive marketing strategy or something.

Man, I hope CVT comes out here. It looks so darn awesome....."
No more exclusives? That's dumb...lol.That's just more work for them.I heard they had to make major cuts for Dead Rising the Wii version.
Moderator
Avatar image for static_shock
#47 Posted by Static Shock (51488 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"Mega Man 9"

Why did they take it back to 8-bit!? WTF?
Avatar image for swagga_boy
#48 Posted by Swagga Boy (3737 posts) - - Show Bio

DMC 5!

Avatar image for king_saturn
#49 Posted by King Saturn (220552 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Slinger said:
"Mega Man 9"

Why did they take it back to 8-bit!? WTF?"
Ha Ha Ha  !

May the NES System live forever  !
Avatar image for vance_astro
#50 Posted by vance_astro (89963 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Slinger said:
"Mega Man 9"

Why did they take it back to 8-bit!? WTF?"
I asked the same thing when I saw that bullsh!t.
Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.