Follow

Bucky Barnes

Character » Bucky Barnes appears in 2102 issues.

Believed dead near the end of World War II only to have been found and brainwashed by the Soviets for the next 50 years, Captain America's former sidekick now continues to defend his country from the shadows against those who would threaten it as legendary spy and assassin, the Winter Soldier. He became the new Captain America to honor his friend Steve and he joined the Avengers. When Steve returned as Captain America, Bucky took on the identity of the Winter Soldier once again.

Well Done Brubaker. Well done! (Spoilers)

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Edited By moviegeek17

All i have to say Mr. Brubaker is that you have done a magnificent job with your comic issues this week. With what you have done with Fear itself 7.1 you not only redeemed Bucky's abrupt "death" but now you get to launch another series with Bucky, add the already amazing Cap and Bucky series that fleshes out his back story and it is a great time to be a Captain America fan.

Whenever i would surf the forums from time to time i would see some very strong Bucky fans saying how they wanted him to stay as cap and some strong Steve rogers fans saying that they wanted him to go back to cap. Under a lesser writer someone would feel like they were being left out with the recent reveal of Bucky's revival in fi 7.1 but in fact you have made both sides happy. Now if you want your Bucky stories you have Cap and Bucky as well as the winter soldier ongoing for your Bucky fix and for the Steve fans you have the regular Captain America series and the avengers line to keep you happy. Genius stuff Brubaker I really mean that!

Even though I am on a tighter budget this year i am going to find ways to fit this winter soldier series into my budget like I have with the Cap and Bucky because Brubaker is what Marvel needs to strive be like again. Strong character driven tales done by a writer who truly cares for each of his characters and their development. And especially with how tight I am on my budget, that kind of quality is exactly what I am looking for with my comic purchases.

Now all we need is a black widow series done by Brubaker and everything would be right with the world, But for now this will do just nicely!

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DMC

U never know, they may try a BW ongoing again by the time the Avengers movie comes out. Though I doubt it would be written by Brubaker.

But then Marvel does already have another Avengers book (with the movie cast) in the works by Bendis.....

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@DMC said:

U never know, they may try a BW ongoing again by the time the Avengers movie comes out. Though I doubt it would be written by Brubaker.

But then Marvel does already have another Avengers book (with the movie cast) in the works by Bendis.....

i truly wanted to cut myself when i found out about it.

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By moviegeek17

@DMC: That would be nice. I love the way liu wrote the character but sadly she didn't stay on long enough for the book to be stable. But with brubaker and guice that could be a serious moneymaker for marvel. But at this point i'd just be cool with another black widow series.

@Avenging-X-Bolt:

Do you know if that book will be in their "film cannon" or the mainline marvel cannon?

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@moviegeek17 said:

@DMC: That would be nice. I love the way liu wrote the character but sadly she didn't stay on long enough for the book to be stable. But with brubaker and guice that could be a serious moneymaker for marvel. But at this point i'd just be cool with another black widow series.

@Avenging-X-Bolt:

Do you know if that book will be in their "film cannon" or the mainline marvel cannon?

No, sorry.

judging by the costumes it would be mainstream.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By dernman

I know people wont agree with me but even though to me the only Captain America is Steve Rogers I like the Super Soldier costume he has and will miss it when it's gone.

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By moviegeek17

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@moviegeek17 said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt:

No, sorry.

Seriously?! can someone else please write avengers?

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Dernman said:

I know people wont agree with me but even though to me the only Captain America is Steve Rogers I like the Super Soldier costume he has and will miss it when it's gone.

i agree with you 100 percent.

it seems so weird that literally EVERYONE has gotten a new costume or an update but Steve is losing his.

though to be honest, i think that this one might not be a bad choice.

Steele vs. Captain America - Secret Avengers #12
    Steele vs. Captain America - Secret Avengers #12

@moviegeek17 said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@moviegeek17 said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt:

No, sorry.

Seriously?! can someone else please write avengers?

not unless they want to be assassinated by Bendis' trained squad of ninja's

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By moviegeek17

@Avenging-X-Bolt:

so it all makes sense now! Well maybe I'll plan a secret coup de tat with Rick remender!

ChaosAgentLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By ChaosAgentLoki

A Winter Soldier ongoing? That sounds really cool. I'm quite excited for that. Now if only they could add a Doctor Strange one, and Marvel will have almost completely, undoubtedly stolen me away from DC.

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By moviegeek17

@ChaosAgentLoki:

A doctor strange series or even a mini would be great! maybe when the movie gets closer to happening they'll release something with him in the lead.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By daredevil21134

Ed Brubaker should write the next big Marvel event

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By moviegeek17

@daredevil21134:

That would be cool but i think he does his best work with character driven tales like his iron fist run and current cap run. I'm not sure if that style could necessarily translate into an event unless he really wanted to do one

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#13  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I wish Black Widow would get a new ongoing, I enjoyed her last one very much and wished it hadn't gotten cancelled... v__v

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @War Killer said:
    I wish Black Widow would get a new ongoing, I enjoyed her last one very much and wished it hadn't gotten cancelled... v__v
    She needs some feats..BIG TIME!
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Is it to much to wish for more Union Jack?

Avatar image for apatheticavenger
    ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#16  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

@spiderbat87 said:

Is it to much to wish for more Union Jack?

Nah, Jack rules.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#17  Edited By The Impersonator

Oh shoot. I forgot to add Ed Brubaker to my list. Thanks for the reminder, moviegeek17. :P

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By slimj87d

@War Killer said:

Well Brubaker has been saying he's really interested in writing her. If he did he would give her great feats. Her being a major player in the Winter Soldier though will give her some good feats, but it will most likely be Bucky that performs the best feats. She does need her own series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.