Follow

Bucky Barnes

Character » Bucky Barnes appears in 2103 issues.

Believed dead near the end of World War II only to have been found and brainwashed by the Soviets for the next 50 years, Captain America's former sidekick now continues to defend his country from the shadows against those who would threaten it as legendary spy and assassin, the Winter Soldier. He became the new Captain America to honor his friend Steve and he joined the Avengers. When Steve returned as Captain America, Bucky took on the identity of the Winter Soldier once again.

So now that we've seen Captain America: The First Avenger...

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

What do we think is going to happen with Bucky? Johnston says he's very interested in making a Winter Soldier film, and the actor is contracted for a few more flicks, so what do you think? Will Bucky get his own movie? Will he be used as a villain in a future Captain America installment? What do you think about Sebastian Stan? 

Will you watch my movie?
    Will you watch my movie?
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

The best way I think they can go with this is to have Bucky return as Winter Soldier in the Cap sequel as a side-villain (who's being controlled by the main villain of the movie) who at the end is brought back to the good side by Cap. I think that would be the best way to handle the character and would make the most sense. I'm a huge fan of Bucky but I'm still not sure if he would be able to hold up his own movie as Winter Soldier, maybe as Captain America sure, but I don't think moms will be wanting to take their kids to see some guy randomly names "Winter Soldier". Not to mention that there's been talk of a War Machine spin-off since IM1 and I have yet to see any desire by anyone really to make that happen, so why would Bucky get a spin-off if even War Machine can't get one?

Bucky will most likely return in either the sequel as a side/main villain for Cap to fight as he adjust to the present day, probably under the control of HYDRA, and after being broken of his brainwashing he'll most likely end up as Cap's partner/supporting cast in the third installment.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_
    @War Killer Start writing Bucky for Marvel, please.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.