Follow

Bucky Barnes

Character » Bucky Barnes appears in 2103 issues.

Believed dead near the end of World War II only to have been found and brainwashed by the Soviets for the next 50 years, Captain America's former sidekick now continues to defend his country from the shadows against those who would threaten it as legendary spy and assassin, the Winter Soldier. He became the new Captain America to honor his friend Steve and he joined the Avengers. When Steve returned as Captain America, Bucky took on the identity of the Winter Soldier once again.

Dual Review: Captain America #602

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#1  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I liked the story, plus if you read the part with Nick Fury and Bucky, it explains why Nick sent Bucky instead of Steve. I liked the Nomad story, I'm slowly liking Rikki Barnes, maybe it was because I never read the Heroes Reborn storys? But I have not read her mini-series, so I'm still kind of wondering what she's been up to, I'd truthfully like to see her meet with Steve and have a nice talk. Plus I'd think it'd be cool to her Steve, Namor, Bucky, and a few others (maybe Union Jack?) become a New Invaders team. 

Overall I loved the story, I'm glad you mentiong the Who won't weild the shield book because that completely flew under my rader, but seeing that Deadpool's in it and whoever wrote the solisct  makes the book sound bad and makes me worry about it. But I agree, the art was great, I loved it. and the Quinjet was probably from the New Avengers Annual #3, when the Avengers go to Steve's secret bunker and you can see a Quinjet in the background.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Decept-O

@G-Man:
    G-Man, hate to tell you, but a "Grand Wizard" is like the leader or President or whatever of the Klu Klux Klan.  FYI.  Awful, isn't it?    

@Babs:  Turtlenecks should not be worn by men unless you're the Captain of a fishing boat or if you're selling fish sticks.   Ha!  Turtlenecks on women are quite acceptable, yes, but on men...err..not so much.  With G on that one.   

Love the scenario about Bucky putting a cap in the a$$ of the wrong--Cap.  Pun intended.   

cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By cmaprice

Wow. G-Man gave a lower rating than Babs? He's usually the one who is more easily won by an issue. ;)

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By sora_thekey

I still think the Captain America: Reborn 6 issue mini-series should have been Captain America #603 - 608... 

and CA: Who Will Wield the Shield? should have been Captain America #609 

Plus the CA: who Won't Wield the Shield? should be Captain America #610... 

That way there is no need for one-shots and no need for mini-series! 

But still I have to read this issue!

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @Decept-O said:
    " @G-Man:G-Man, hate to tell you, but a "Grand Wizard" is like the leader or President or whatever of the Klu Klux Klan.  FYI.  Awful, isn't it?     @Babs:  Turtlenecks should not be worn by men unless you're the Captain of a fishing boat or if you're selling fish sticks.   Ha!  Turtlenecks on women are quite acceptable, yes, but on men...err..not so much.  With G on that one.      Love the scenario about Bucky putting a cap in the a$$ of the wrong--Cap.  Pun intended.    "
    In G-Man's defense, I believe he said Grand Inquisitor. Also, G-Man is a pretty smart guy. I'm fairly sure he is well aware of what a Grand Wizard is.

I wear turtle necks when it's cold out.

Is that a Flux Capacitor shirt??
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @sora_thekey said:
    "

I still think the Captain America: Reborn 6 issue mini-series should have been Captain America #603 - 608... 

and CA: Who Will Wield the Shield? should have been Captain America #609 

Plus the CA: who Won't Wield the Shield? should be Captain America #610... 

That way there is no need for one-shots and no need for mini-series! 

But still I have to read this issue!

"
    I completely agree with this, and it's not like they couldn't still make the price $3.99, and the arc would just be Captain America: Reborn ect, I agree that this should have just been apart of the main series.
    Fastback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Fastback

Amazing Spiderman is the only marvel title I buy so I'm not amazingly informed, but it only costs $2.99. So I believe the second feature is driving up the cost of this book.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Decept-O
    @FoxxFireArt:
    I stand corrected, G-Man did say Grand Inquisitor.  Now I feel like a jerk.  I thought he said Grand Wizard and was trying to joke with him, not try to make him look bad by any means.   I'm embarassed now.    G -Man is quite intelligent, even if he does like the Spider-Clone Saga--Ha!    

Regarding turtlenecks, to each their own, but I find them uncomfortable and they make me look rather weird.  Not that I'm all that handsome anyway but still.  They remind me of Capt. Nemo from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (one of my favorite stories).  
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @Decept-O: 
    I hear you. Joking tones do not translate well in text form. I know I've put my foot in my mouth quite a few times from something similar. Maybe we should start a support group?
    Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Vortex13
    @FoxxFireArt said:

" @Decept-O:  I hear you. Joking tones do not translate well in text form. I know I've put my foot in my mouth quite a few times from something similar. Maybe we should start a support group? "

That happens to me in real life. I say things with a straight face, disturbing things, and since I say it without any hint of humor in my voice people think I'm serious.

EDIT: I think it's because I have a reputation for actually doing these things I say, even though I haven't ever done things like that. For instance just last Thursday I was hanging out with my friend and he did... something that annoyed me I forget what, anyway I said that if he did it again i was going to slam a hammer into his knee completely joking. He gives me this look like he thinks I'm going to do it and I'm shocked, I say "Do you really think I would do that?" He responds that it's posible, how I amassed this reputation I don't know. Sure I got into fights when I was in high school but I wasn't starting them or trying to kill them or really even injure them, but somehow most people from my high school think I'm capable of these things. Though it did get out that I was absent for three weeks because I was in a psych ward of a hospital, actually the story was i was in an insane asylum, you know how rumors grow.
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Decept-O
    @FoxxFireArt:
    Not a bad idea.  I've been to the point and brief with some users, because I have a tendency to ramble, but in the process have been called rude.  I've also taken offense to someone when none was intended, so yeah, a lot of things get lost in translation.  Hhmm..a movie starring Scarlet Johannson of the same name, and she will be Black Widow in Iron Man 2.   I'm so weird....
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Fastback said:
    "Amazing Spiderman is the only marvel title I buy so I'm not amazingly informed, but it only costs $2.99. So I believe the second feature is driving up the cost of this book. "
    Actually the books been at that price for a while now, and Spider-Man's price is lower because he gets three issues a month.
    Dr. Detfink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Dr. Detfink

This was a great issue and one of the reasons why Ed Brubaker should be nominated for best comic book writer of the decade.  

One, the final loose end from the last huge arc involving Steve's death, Carter being kidnapped, and the economic destabilization plot. Two, the Grand Director was the Cap of the McCarthy era when Rogers went missing. So now, we get to revisit that era in a modern context. I love how Brubaker mixes his politics without being so damn blatant *looking at you Millar* We have a fearmongering Cap of the Red Scare juxtapozed against the Cap of the modern era.  

I give it full marks all the way. This issue will be infinitely better than that piece of crap called Siege and challenge your mind in terms of which Cap embodies America? Maybe it's BOTH the Grand Director and Bucky?
    dr.x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 177

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By dr.x

Can We Say " Copy-Cat.", I understand Imation is form flattery , but  isn't time for Marvel step up take  off Mouse  Ears and come up with  something new like  oh  don't know Black September or Secret War (please for love of god and  money don't go back and re hash aka Civil War) but  something  like a breath of fresh air  and  not try ripping  DC Comics please. Why  M.O.U.S.E

Dr.X

Gee Mr.Superman I want be just like you . Good luck kid.
    Gee Mr.Superman I want be just like you . Good luck kid.

nightwing7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nightwing7777

nightwing    aka   robin    loves    starfire    with    all    his     heart
    drawme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By drawme

I think that Luke Ross is the perfect artist for the series. He does an amazing job.

smalltropolis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By smalltropolis

sora thekey -  100% right!
     And I think issue #611 should be: Who wants to wield the Shield? 
    #612: Why don´t you want wield the Shield?
    #613: Come on, please wield the Shield?!
    #614: Buy 2 shields and pay 3!  ;-)

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @dr.x: I don't understand your comments, how is Marvel ripping off DC?
    Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By Yung ANcient One
    @Nova`Prime` said:
    " @dr.x: I don't understand your comments, how is Marvel ripping off DC? "
    i second this...

DC is the Swagger JAckers... Cap Dies... so Bats Dies... Cap comes back... so Bats is coming Back... Marvel VS Capcom... then DC Universe VS MK... WOW... Look at DC b4 Marvel Existed... totally different... Marvel Made DC... NOw... hehehehehehhe
    Avatar image for mysteriousblack
    MysteriousBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MysteriousBlack
    @Yung ANcient One said:
    " @Nova`Prime` said:
    i second this...  DC is the Swagger JAckers... Cap Dies... so Bats Dies... Cap comes back... so Bats is coming Back... Marvel VS Capcom... then DC Universe VS MK... WOW... Look at DC b4 Marvel Existed... totally different... Marvel Made DC... NOw... hehehehehehhe "

Yeah, everybody knows DC wants to be Marvel.
    Avatar image for the_sharp_dressed_lady
    The Sharp Dressed Lady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You two have successfully convinced me to buy this issue. 

I love everything about comic sociopaths. This doesn't reflect anything about me. :) 

Cars aren't built as thickly metal heavy as they were when he last threw his shield at one, apparently. 

Have you tried hotwiring a Quinjet? lol 

Maybe split each character version into a new East Coast Avengers and West Coast Avengers? 

$3.99 is a good price for all comics. They should all be priced at $3.99. 

I like an extra comic even if it's not entirely to my liking. 

You two should run Marvel AND DC. All their decisions should go through you first.

Avatar image for the_sharp_dressed_lady
    The Sharp Dressed Lady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr.x: The back cover of Superman v.s. Spiderman, drawn by Ross Andru... I have at least 2 of those. I love the scenes with Lex Luthors giant robot. Thanks for posting that. 8D 

DickieSwift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By DickieSwift

To be honest, I think Brubaker is not getting better with his run on Cap. He writes his comics in a soap opera fashion, just at a bit quicker pace. I'm not saying I dislike his comics, considering I read all of this "original" cap Run he did, but I lost interest in his Cap around Reborn. 

He just can't write dynamic villains worth a shit and it's tiring. I hope they let the director theatricalize Red Skull for the Captain America and don't give Brubaker too much power in his consultant work, or that's going to be one hell of a boring film.

As for DC and Marvel? Who cares? Both are the pits at the moment in terms of actual creativity.

Obsurity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24  Edited By Obsurity

I thought when the Falcon was thrown out of the bar being called Obama was kinda wrong. It was pretty unexpected

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By goldenkey
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    " @Decept-O said:
    " @G-Man:G-Man, hate to tell you, but a "Grand Wizard" is like the leader or President or whatever of the Klu Klux Klan.  FYI.  Awful, isn't it?     @Babs:  Turtlenecks should not be worn by men unless you're the Captain of a fishing boat or if you're selling fish sticks.   Ha!  Turtlenecks on women are quite acceptable, yes, but on men...err..not so much.  With G on that one.      Love the scenario about Bucky putting a cap in the a$$ of the wrong--Cap.  Pun intended.    "
    In G-Man's defense, I believe he said Grand Inquisitor. Also, G-Man is a pretty smart guy. I'm fairly sure he is well aware of what a Grand Wizard is.  I wear turtle necks when it's cold out. Is that a Flux Capacitor shirt?? "

what hell is a jiggawott
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By goldenkey
    @Yung ANcient One said:
    " @Nova`Prime` said:
    i second this...  DC is the Swagger JAckers... Cap Dies... so Bats Dies... Cap comes back... so Bats is coming Back... Marvel VS Capcom... then DC Universe VS MK... WOW... Look at DC b4 Marvel Existed... totally different... Marvel Made DC... NOw... hehehehehehhe "

I would say Marvel made Dc, they just got better writers and artists, but to Say Marvel is ripping off DC is non-sense.  For the pat years we've he Cival War and its after math followed by Dark reign were the villians are running the show.  Where had DC remotely done anything like this.  To me the work that both companies are doing is great, and neither represents what the other is doing which makes it great when you read both companies.
    Benzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Benzo

I really like these dual reviews!!!! will there be a dual review for kick-ass #8??? (that's out this week, thank god)

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Media_Master

I still don't like the $4 price tag, considering most second features have mediocre characters.

dr.x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 177

User Lists: 16

#29  Edited By dr.x
    @goldenkey: 

Civil War to  me was nothing  more  then a repeat  the  mutant registration act   part  2 and after read it and looking  other  big  arc  i.e.  52/ Countdown or Project Superpowers vol. 1 I felt   that   Marvel   could   have done something more then  retelling a old story even if it was a good one at the time   there comes a point   were one “ goes to the well once too often.” This seem   to the case   with Marvel , may if they step up   and come up with something new   like   they did with Black September or bring them   back   into   to the Marvel –U   or anything   that is there   own   thing and not  following   round like lost   sheep   that   would be awesome   .

Excelsior

Dr.X     

DR . X
    DR . X
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#30  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Benzo: Not a dual for Kick-Ass (but I will review that).  Stay tuned to see what the lucky comic is to get the dual treatment this week...
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Obsurity said:
    "I thought when the Falcon was thrown out of the bar being called Obama was kinda wrong. It was pretty unexpected "
    Actually it's pretty realistic, I mean it wasn't Brubaker outting Obama or anything, it was what someone like Bucky was pretending to be would say.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.