Follow

Bucky Barnes

Character » Bucky Barnes appears in 2103 issues.

Believed dead near the end of World War II only to have been found and brainwashed by the Soviets for the next 50 years, Captain America's former sidekick now continues to defend his country from the shadows against those who would threaten it as legendary spy and assassin, the Winter Soldier. He became the new Captain America to honor his friend Steve and he joined the Avengers. When Steve returned as Captain America, Bucky took on the identity of the Winter Soldier once again.

Bucky Barnes in Inhumanity (Inhuman)

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ThexX
    No Caption Provided

Marvel announce new series called Inhuman which will being in December 2013. Accompanying the announcement is a new teaser drawn by Steve McNiven showing "characters who will feature prominently in the" new status quo. The image shows Black Bolt and Medusa, the Inhuman king and queen, along with Falcon, Iron Man, Silver Surfer, Black Widow, Thor, old Guardians of the Galaxy member Yondu (who is incidentally rumored to be in the Guardians movie), Winter Soldier, a newly costumed Wolverine, newcomer to the Marvel Universe Angela... and perhaps most intriguing, a Spider-Man that looks more like his Amazing costume than Superior, and in the background of it all - the long-dead Nightcrawler of the X-Men!

Here is the full article from EW. http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/07/11/marvels-inhumanity-fraction/

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By jayskee

Good. I was pissed when his series got cancelled

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@thexx: I remember seeing this. It's nice to see Bucky in the promo, but I still wonder if this is actually an Inhumanity promo or just a Marvel promo since only two of the people in the picture are Inhumans.

I'm going to give this series a shot regardless though since it seems interesting. I wonder if Marvel is going to start downplaying mutants to push Inhumans since they have the movie rights for them.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ThexX
    slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thexx: Thanks. I've been desperately waiting for Bucky news. He was supposed to be in the SEcret Avengers but it looks like that story has taken another direction completely.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ThexX

@slimj87d: So have I. I don't even know if Marvel is still playing on him being in Secret Avengers. But it might happen in Secret Avengers #8

I don't know if I am right are just going crazy but the guy in the AIM suit looks kind of like Bucky.

No Caption Provided

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

They just better not give Bucky Inhuman powers is all I care about.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Good.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice to see him return after Winter Soldier, though I wonder what role he'll play in the long-term.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh.

Most Invaders books seem to be ill-met....(the US Agent one, the Avengers/Invaders clash), and I'm not the biggest fan of Mr. Robinson.

That being said, if they can justify this team's formation (because Cap being in both the Avengers and the Unity Team seems plenty enough) it might be worth looking into. And I'm definitely excited to see Bucky back in action again.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By slimj87d

@thexx: I saw that this morning and got really excited. Hopefully he gets his own series back after the movie....

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
    Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@thexx: He's not going to be an inhuman now is he? i mean that'd suck lol. I like him as he is. Also i want his long hair to return, along with his stubble looking thing. But other than that, i'm happy to see him in a new series, written by JAMES ROBINSON!!! he did awesome in Earth 2 imo!

Anyways, i'm happy he's being used and not pushed to the side (like Hercules >=O)... but it's kinda logical that they're doing that, since he's gonna be a main proponent in the upcoming Cap America sequel.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baberaham_lincoln: I really don't know if he is going to be a Inhuman. But if he is just remember that not all Inhuman's have superpowers. The best example is Karnak.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By slimj87d
    Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHOO! Barnes is back in style! Does he do anything else for the rest of the issue?

Also is that the amazing Butch Guice on pencils?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By slimj87d
    Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ThexX

@slimj87d: When I went to pick up my comics today, I always look through them first and when I saw the last couple of pages in Secret Avengers #9 I total freaked out. I was so happy to see Bucky back in action.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.