Follow

Brian Michael Bendis

Person » Brian Michael Bendis is credited in 3001 issues.

Brian Michael Bendis is a comic writer, and former artist. He is well-known for his extended tenure on Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers, and Daredevil for Marvel, as well as for his creator-owned series Powers and Scarlet. Bendis' work has earned him five Eisner Awards.

Bendis... Love or Hate?

• 129 results
    BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By BIackFlash
    @Vance Astro said:
    " I hope Bendis doesn't turn into Frank Miller.Miller went from a writer who gave you a new look at a character to the biggest piece of sh#t ever.Bendis has written some amazing books.SI was a bit of a let down but you know what it's not over..there are still some tie-ins that aren't finished.I like Bendis's work overall though. "
    Siege

Casket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Casket
    @Dr. Jackal said:
    "

Basically, if he writes it, I'll read it. He brought characters back to comics. Does he hit it EVERY time? Okay, not every time ("Not like this...like THIS!"). But most of the time, his stuff is such a pleasure to read that I wish he was writing even MORE books than he is now.

"
    Is he doing Wonder Man soon?

No Caption Provided

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#103  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Casket said:
    " @Dr. Jackal said:
    "

Basically, if he writes it, I'll read it. He brought characters back to comics. Does he hit it EVERY time? Okay, not every time ("Not like this...like THIS!"). But most of the time, his stuff is such a pleasure to read that I wish he was writing even MORE books than he is now.

"

"

Where did you find this???
    Casket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Casket

comics IGN .com

(their logo is in the bottom right of the image)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Bendis should just stop writing team books.I don't hate him but I don't like him either.He's been writing some awful books.I think that was what he was supposed to do though.SI,Dark Reign,and Siege were IMO supposed to be the downfall of the heroes after the registration act.It's obvious it would take something big to put that behind the heroes and now the Heroic Age is coming out (The New Heroes Reborn),when you put things in perspective he's not so bad especially considering he is good at writing solo books.His Daredevil stuff and his Ultimate Spider-Man are very good as is his Spider-Woman book.

BlackestShite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By BlackestShite
    I wish the didn't go ahead with this arc, its been a waste of money

@John Valentine said:
    " Gottheit said:
    "

He killed Hawkeye?! He's my favorite writer ever!

"
    He then brought him back. "
    Bendis is a very good writer with smaller comics, Avengers has become a bit too big for him and I think he should have stayed with Ultimate Spider-Man
    Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107  Edited By The Devil Tiger
    @BlackestShite said:
    " I wish the didn't go ahead with this arc, its been a waste of money

@John Valentine said:
    " Gottheit said:
    "

He killed Hawkeye?! He's my favorite writer ever!

"
    He then brought him back. "
    Bendis is a very good writer with smaller comics, Avengers has become a bit too big for him and I think he should have stayed with Ultimate Spider-Man"

This.
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#108  Edited By Omega Ray Jay
    @War Killer said:
    " @Casket said:
    " @Dr. Jackal said:
    "

"

No Caption Provided
    "
    Where did you find this??? "
    Well for a kick off, whey are they fighting him in a really small room? thats not going to end well i assure you.
    scuzz2.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#109  Edited By scuzz2.0

He ignores continuity set up by other more talented writers. i hate this prick. he ruined marvel with his events that were all SHIT ideas. he is an agent for DC sent into marvel to ruin them from the inside. how long can it be before he is replaced? hopefully by someone like jeff parker, or kyle and yost. much much more talented writers than this piece of shit!
    Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

HATE
    i just read New Avengers : The Collective
    first he writes Maria Hill as not wanting anything to do with the Avengers and the President seems to be telling her to use them
    then when Spider-man and Vision are on the Helicarrier she does a huge D-Bag move reading Spider-mans mind and taking Visions data files on House of M (pretty consistent so far)
    Then in the last issue he has Maria Hill not Nuke Genosha like the president told her cuz the Avengers were there(and it looked like Deal or no deal thing)(like she really cares) and later she is talking with Iron Man about how he heard her say she wasn't going to Nuke Genosha cuz they were there
    What I am getting at is If yur going to write someone as a complete heartless egotistical "i got to do whatever it is to get in the heroes way" then have her keep on doing that don't change how she is change the President how often do we hear him in comics anyway.
    I'm getting at is Brian Michael Bendis be consistent you idiot
    also how does Sentry not go through the sun he has the power of a thousand exploding suns he such an idiot.

Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Hoboseid
    @Vance Astro said:
    Bendis should just stop writing team books
    Yeah he doesn't know how to develop team books at all.

@G-Man said:
    It's pretty impressive.  Look at the sales figure this guy has.  If he's the worst writer ever, Marvel must be making a killing off the sales from all their other writers that must be better than Bendis since he's the "worst."

.With all due respect G-Man, he puts all Marvel's MAJOR BRANDS in one book.  Popular spin off characters like the Hulks, Ms Marvel and then Marvel's BIGGEST like Wolverine, Thing, Ironman, Spider-Man..all in one book. A monkey in front of a type writer could write a book like this and it would still be popular
    It's like having a movie with super stars like  Clint Eastwood, Will Smith, Jessica Alba, Ziyi Zhang, Halle Berry, Sigourney Weaver,  Arnie Schwarzenegger in it, people would watch no matter how crap the film was.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
    deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

I think he has potential, but usually his writing is pretty bad (Mighty Avengers, etc,) but he does have some good stories (Secret Invasion, etc.)  

I'm, probably going to get bashed for this.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Use to like, now I hate....

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#114  Edited By ReVamp

Some of his early stuff is good, but his writing quality has been decreasing steadily. I still enjoy reading Bendis, given the fact I know that the book I'm going to read is Bendis written.
    Charlie_Jade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Charlie_Jade

His early work was great but now he's wrecked 616, AvX stunt also seemed like a swipe of Fractions DarkAvengers-VS-Uncanny 2-3 years back. He might be able to do something with Ultron but readers have lost confidence in Bendis now

z1co80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#116  Edited By z1co80

Working my way through his New Avengers and Mighty Avengers at the moment and have to say i am not liking it. I just read Secret Invasion and thought it was pretty bad as well.

I will say however that i loved Secret War and House Of M was pretty good but apart from those two books his dialogue seems to really irk me.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#117  Edited By Decoy Elite

Agree with what Vance said a 2 years ago.

Don't give Bendis a team book and he can produce some great stuff.

MightiestKirK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think BMB was just spectacular on Daredevil...but since Marvel gave him free rein on a good deal of team books...it's been one disaster from him after another. Among my many pet peeves is his treatment of both Luke Cage and Miles Morales. It simply looks like white guilt at best and pure pandering at worst. Luke Cage, in one issue of the New Avengers, is married to Jessica Jones, they have had their baby, and are about to move into the new Avengers Mansion...and Luke has to borrow ONE dollar from Danny (Iron Fist).

Just plain INSULTING for the Hero For Hire to not have ONE DAMN dollar.

And what do you know? That was the day I quit reading his stuff.

Until I found his work being illustrated again by Stuart Immonen. That guy is an outstanding artist. But I just look at the art when I can...I do not buy BMB's stuff anymore.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@zoom said:

The guy's got talent but he's lazy as all hell.

If you take his work on Ultimate Spider-Man, that was good. Why? Because he couldn't possibly make a continuity error or write somebody out of character if he had written the whole thing.

Now, put him on a book like New Avengers and suddenly everybody is acting out of character, dead characters are showing up and nobody questions it, power levels are all skewed, etc. The man has no business writing established characters. None whatsoever. He's simply too lazy to read backstory. All characters are just going to act like however they need to act like for his story.

I'm going with ^this^ as why he is a good writer but sucks at the same time.

( + )

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

I love what he's done with Ultimate Spider-Man(till he killed him) and Miles is a fairly good character to replace him.
    His writing style is top noch.

So,love it is i guess!

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like his dialogue and some of his ideas, but a lot of his plots aren't so hot.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zoom said:

The guy's got talent but he's lazy as all hell.

If you take his work on Ultimate Spider-Man, that was good. Why? Because he couldn't possibly make a continuity error or write somebody out of character if he had written the whole thing.

Now, put him on a book like New Avengers and suddenly everybody is acting out of character, dead characters are showing up and nobody questions it, power levels are all skewed, etc. The man has no business writing established characters. None whatsoever. He's simply too lazy to read backstory. All characters are just going to act like however they need to act like for his story.

I'm going with ^this^ as why he is a good writer but sucks at the same time.

( + )

The truth is,this is a fact.....

For example,Spider-Man was the Ultimate teen version of him in the Avenngers.....i mean,then Amazing was written by JMS,a mature,grown up man,who tries to put his life in tact, called Peter Parker.....in Avengers he was an wise-cracking teen kid.....all....the....time.He didn't do anything more or less.....just was there,threw some punches,and deliver the joke.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He has his hits and he has his misses but for the most pat ill say im good with him but lately his work isn't great at all.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has his hits and he has his misses but for the most pat ill say im good with him but lately his work isn't great at all.

Except Miles,but he created him,so it doesnt count....

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I'm currently enjoying his run on All-New and Uncanny X-Men.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

His Daredevil run is phenomenal, but he suffers from inconsistency in quality.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
    life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Bendis : Good at long running series , terrible at event storylines and multi tasking

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bendis : Good at long running series , terrible at event storylines and multi tasking

When you say Multi-tasking?......cause he writes like 5-7 books now....

E5TEN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've read Alias, Ultimate Spider-man, and part of Powers. All of these were incredible.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.