Follow

Brian Michael Bendis

Person » Brian Michael Bendis is credited in 3003 issues.

Brian Michael Bendis is a comic writer, and former artist. He is well-known for his extended tenure on Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers, and Daredevil for Marvel, as well as for his creator-owned series Powers and Scarlet. Bendis' work has earned him five Eisner Awards.

Bendis I could build you a monument

Argentino_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Argentino_18

I really Love Ultimate Comics Spider-man, if anyone wants to comment about your critics of the book, I'll gladly eviserate you if the critics are bad....

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Too bad his Mighty Avengers was mediocre,his Dark Avengers is complete garbage and his New Avengers is also quite subpar.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Out of turds.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Bendis can go get @#!#$ed

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Vance Astro said:
    "Too bad his Mighty Avengers was mediocre,his Dark Avengers is complete garbage and his New Avengers is also quite subpar. "

Why does everyone I meet think Dark Avengers is garbage? Am I the only one actually enjoying that book? 

Maybe its because I've only been in comics since Civil War..... 
    (Well, I enjoy it except for the parts with Gargan eating people.... but the parts where he's a whiner are AWESOME for me, since I'm a Brock fan. The original Venom ROCKS!)
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    "Too bad his Mighty Avengers was mediocre,his Dark Avengers is complete garbage and his New Avengers is also quite subpar. "
    Why does everyone I meet think Dark Avengers is garbage? Am I the only one actually enjoying that book?  Maybe its because I've only been in comics since Civil War..... (Well, I enjoy it except for the parts with Gargan eating people.... but the parts where he's a whiner are AWESOME for me, since I'm a Brock fan. The original Venom ROCKS!) "
    Most of what Bendis did during Civil War was awesome IMO.Dark Avengers however is not.As far as why I feel that way,it seems that Bendis isn't very good at writing for people who aren't street levelers.As far as feedback from other viners people seem to like Ultimate Spider-Man,his run on Daredevil,Daredevil:Ninja,Elektra,and Alias.I for one thought those were all good.However when it comes to teams of characters with diverse abilities it seems he tries to lessen their abilities and put so much into one or two characters and neglect the others.Dark Avengers seems to focus alot on the relationship between Norman Osborn and Sentry while at the same time purposely making the Sentry look weak.The other members of the team accept for Noh-Varr haven't done anything significant in the book.It's pretty weak.I think Doom has done more in Dark Avengers than Ms.Marvel and Daken.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By John Valentine
    @Vance Astro said:

Mighty Avengers was just dreadful.  Dark Avengers is distinctly average, nice art and Noh-Varr, though.
    New Avengers is the best Avengers stuff he's published, IMO,  and I must admit that I have quite enjoyed some of the run (mainly after Civil War).
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8  Edited By The_Martian

Bendis sucks. He makes a character how he wants them to be instead of how they have been established by other writers.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @John Valentine said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    Mighty Avengers was just dreadful.  Dark Avengers is distinctly average, nice art and Noh-Varr, though.New Avengers is the best Avengers stuff he's published, IMO,  and I must admit that I have quite enjoyed some of the run (mainly after Civil War). "
    I agree.Sadly even with the New Avengers being made up fully of my favorite characters accept Cage (I hate Cage) he still can't write something I can enjoy.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By John Valentine
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    Mighty Avengers was just dreadful.  Dark Avengers is distinctly average, nice art and Noh-Varr, though.New Avengers is the best Avengers stuff he's published, IMO,  and I must admit that I have quite enjoyed some of the run (mainly after Civil War). "
    I agree.Sadly even with the New Avengers being made up fully of my favorite characters accept Cage (I hate Cage) he still can't write something I can enjoy. "

Funny because Cage is his favourite character to write. I think the problem stems from the fact that he's an unbelievable leader with an uninteresting wife and child.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    Why does everyone I meet think Dark Avengers is garbage? Am I the only one actually enjoying that book?  Maybe its because I've only been in comics since Civil War..... (Well, I enjoy it except for the parts with Gargan eating people.... but the parts where he's a whiner are AWESOME for me, since I'm a Brock fan. The original Venom ROCKS!) "
    Most of what Bendis did during Civil War was awesome IMO.Dark Avengers however is not.As far as why I feel that way,it seems that Bendis isn't very good at writing for people who aren't street levelers.As far as feedback from other viners people seem to like Ultimate Spider-Man,his run on Daredevil,Daredevil:Ninja,Elektra,and Alias.I for one thought those were all good.However when it comes to teams of characters with diverse abilities it seems he tries to lessen their abilities and put so much into one or two characters and neglect the others.Dark Avengers seems to focus alot on the relationship between Norman Osborn and Sentry while at the same time purposely making the Sentry look weak.The other members of the team accept for Noh-Varr haven't done anything significant in the book.It's pretty weak.I think Doom has done more in Dark Avengers than Ms.Marvel and Daken. "

Wait, he's put SOME effort into Moonstone.... by turning her into a slut.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Martian

I don't get why he likes Luke Cage so much.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Darkchild

BMB is a moron

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.