Follow

Boom! Studios

Publisher »

BOOM! Studios is a large independent comic book company founded in 2005 and based in Los Angeles, California, USA.

Want To Party With Boom! Studios?

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

No Caption Provided

Probably the coolest thing about smaller and independent comic book publishing companies is the fact that they make such a big effort to celebrate the release of their titles with their fans!  If you live in California, then this Wednesday, November 11th you should definitely try to make it out to Collector's Paradise to celebrate the release of the Vol. 1 Hardcover for 'Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?' with the book's letterer, Richard Starkings! If you have not yet checked out the series then this would be a great chance for you to do so! Also, take a look at G-Man's review of the book here. Have you read the series? Did you enjoy it? Would you want to go to the signing? 

Wednesday November 11th, 2009 @ Collector's Paradise

Come celebrate the release of DO ANDROIDS DREAM OF ELECTRIC SHEEP? Vol. 1 Hardcover by having your copy signed by legendary DO ANDROIDS DREAM OF ELECTRIC SHEEP? letterer Richard Starkings!

DO ANDROIDS DREAM OF ELECTRIC SHEEP? takes the novel that inspired the movie BLADE RUNNING and transplants the full novel into the comic book medium. Debuting this past June, BOOM! Studios' DO ANDROIDS DREAM OF ELECTRIC SHEEP? has been a smash-hit in the direct market and a critical success as well. Mixing the complete text of the novel in an innovative, ground-breaking 24 issue maxi-series, this November sees release of the first volume collecting the first four issues into a deluxe hardcover edition. Illustrated by Tony Parker and lettered by Richard Starkings, DO ANDROIDS DREAM OF ELECTRIC SHEEP? is a must have for every sci-fi fan.

When:
    Wednesday, November 11th, 2009 from 1-8pm

Where:

Collector’s Paradise
    7131 Winnetka Ave.
    Winnetka, CA 91306

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vortex13
    sigh I don't live no the right coast for this :_(
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2  Edited By FoxxFireArt

That's a pretty cool cover. It has a nice rain effect.

I do notice something. Does anyone else get a Blade Runner vibe from that image? I keep thnking Harrison Ford.

You don't often hear about legendary Letterers, either.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck

If you watch my review that Babs linked to in the article, I do a side-by-side comparison of the first issue with the actual novel.

TheOmegaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#5  Edited By TheOmegaMan

That would be cool, But i'm not taking a plane from Boston for it!
    Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vortex13
    @aztek the lost: The Blade Runner movie was based off of the book by Phillip K. Dick. The comic has the same name as the book and is much more faithful too the book.
    Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vortex13
    @TheOmegaMan: Yay another Massachusetts man!
    dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By dane

Although I'm not even in the right country to party with the dudes of Boom! Studios, I definitely will be picking up this issue if I can get my hands on it. Blade Runner was awesome and timeless.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @aztek the lost: 
    Well, that explains that then. Now doesn't it? lol

Though you are right, Blade Runner was based off the novel. I saw the movie, but never read the novel.

A similar series that I enjoy is the Ghost in the Shell series. Major Motoko Kusanagi is one of the coolest characters ever. It's a great series that tells intriguing stories that makes you question what does it mean to be alive, but if action mixed with political intrigue and military minutia, such as with Tom Clancy novels, is a turn off to you. You might find it hard to get into.

I get that a Letterer can be big. It's just that when you normally think of a personality to a comic. It's normally writer, penciler, even inker. Though, when you think about it. A good letterer is very important in an entertainment medium that is primarily read.
    CParadise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By CParadise
    @Vortex13 said:

" sigh I don't live no the right coast for this :_( "

And you do not have to be on the right coast :)  We are also selling the same item, Signed by Richard online, as well as the first 4 issues, which all had exclusive variants produced for us.

http://comicsandcards.net/wordpress/online-shop/?product_search=androids
    Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vortex13
    @CParadise said:
    " @Vortex13 said:

" sigh I don't live no the right coast for this :_( "

And you do not have to be on the right coast :)  We are also selling the same item, Signed by Richard online, as well as the first 4 issues, which all had exclusive variants produced for us.   http://comicsandcards.net/wordpress/online-shop/?product_search=androids "
    AWESOME!!!! =D
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Media_Master

I'll look out for this hardcover volume.

ChipBOOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ChipBOOM

I love  the phrase that "the letterer is the writer's inker." A letterer can make or break a book. And since with this particular one we used the WHOLE NOVEL, we needed the best. Starkings!  

Chip 
    BOOM! 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.