Follow

Blade

Character » Blade appears in 744 issues.

A human-vampire hybrid with all the strengths but none of the weaknesses of a traditional vampire, Blade has dedicated his life to destroying the occult world of vampires and all who associate with them.

Speed Level?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@johnny_anonymous: @darthaznable: @oscuro: @bossmonster: Of course we know Blade has a measure of superhuman speed, but what point is it at exactly? He fights against vampires who are superhuman by default and usually manhandles them. And he also has plenty of feats of dodging gunfire, as well as legjt bullet timing and reacting after shots are fired, and even weaving through bullets in midair.

So bow fast would Blade be pegged? Personally I am not one to overrate his scrumble with the vampire Spider Man. Sure it is a good feat because he was blood lusted, but it isn't something to go crazy over.

Casual bullet timer should be the bare minimum, however, IMO.

Trackz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

we already saw him speed blitz deadpool and casually dodge his bullets. his speed is up there.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trackz: http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Blade%20Speed/Bladejumpin.jpg

Going by this scan it looks like Blade back flipped over automatic gunfire without even looking.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine level more or less

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@kgb725: Most likely a lot more. Blade has superhuman speed, Wolverine is very agile, but his speed ain't superhuman

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@blackwind: It's kind of hard to quantify. I've seen scans where it looks like he is leaving after images from moving so fast. He clearly is a notch above most or all vampires, who I would say have at least low end superhuman speed. He has fought Spitfire who is a legit speedster. Dodged point blank gunshots. Blade can clearly move fast as sh-t, in my opinion faster than most or all street levelers that I can think of off the top of my head. Thoughts?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscuro: If I had to put a number on it, I'd say he moves fast enough to defeat other supersonic characters without much difficulty.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: As long as they continue to give him some shine he should have a few nice additions to his feats list.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DarthAznable
    No Caption Provided

@blackwind: Even before he got bite, he could block bullets with his sword. Which might be more of a skill/reaction feat but still should be considered IMO. I'd put him near Gorgon honestly.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trackz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: gorgon is way too much...gorgon could block automatic gunfire from multiple individuals without sweating and make wolverine and elektra look stupid at the same time. dude is on something else. i'd love to see him fight dracula.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trackz: Gorgon is kind of a god mode stu, what do you expect?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trackz said:

@darthaznable: gorgon is way too much...gorgon could block automatic gunfire from multiple individuals without sweating and make wolverine and elektra look stupid at the same time. dude is on something else. i'd love to see him fight dracula.

I never said he was exactly Gorgon.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscuro: @darthaznable: I was always a bit confused as to how fast Spitfire is because Blade dodged her a few rimes and landed hits on her during g their fight. Its clear she is a speedster but in was never able to get any solid feats. But I was able to find that she apparently traveled a few miles off the battlefield while carrying Pete Wisdom: http://zenithar.site90.com/comics/captain-britain/03/halaman/Mi-13%20007.jpg

So if Blade reacted to her, he has pretty good reflexes.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Oscuro

@blackwind: agreed. Matching a speedster in combat is fairly impressive. Considering she has training from Cap if im not mistaken(?)that is pretty good

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscuro: Eh, personally I don't consider "was trained by" to be particularly worth anything without matching feats.

Also speaking of Spitfire, she seems faaaaar less durable than Blade. She fell down what looked like an air vent shaft and had severe injuries until she learned she could heal.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Oscuro

@blackwind: I would consider it worth a little, that's assuming Cap did train her. Being taught by one of the best usually means you know a trick or two. As far as being less durable, yeah idk why that is. But dammit Blade needs more feats anyway. His sporadic appearances haven't done him any favors.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscuro: Maybe to fit the fragile speedster motif. Or because she is a vampire by non traditional means.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: possibly. I don't get the point of giving her the fangs, strength and regenerative abilities of a vampire but not give her a lil boost in durability. Maybe all vampires, excluding Dracula, are more fragile than Blade is.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscuro: Like I said, probably to fit the fragile speedster thing. Its honestly s nice change of pace. Kinda RPG-ish where someone is good at a few things, but has that one noticeable flaw.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: wouldn't it be better to make her more durable than the average speedster? than it's not so generic. I agree that every character should have a flaw, be it personality or power based. Conflict is what creates a great story and a great hero. If they can just breeze through all their challenges then wtf would be the point.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscuro: As a vampire I guess she already has that. Along with a more than respectable healing factor. Its just that falling down an air vent and breaking her back and stuff, that seems pretty fragile. Who knows, might have just been a chance to show her healing. But that's my excuse for it.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say around Wolverine honestly.

Enough to tag Spider-Man, but not enough to be his equal when he's serious.

Jmarshmallow

Ondskapt666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Superhuman Speed

Superhuman Agility

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renny: He’s done that on multiple occasions:

https://m.imgur.com/CJOtdJO

https://m.imgur.com/LBySMHn

https://m.imgur.com/JeE33X6

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renny: Okay but you still haven’t proved what makes Blade significantly faster than Wolverine?

And Deadpool wasn’t serious in that encounter, if you’re talking about when they fought on the train for like 4 panels.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renny: He becomes one of the most potent street levelers in Marvel, as opposed to being ragdolled?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.